All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

I HATE TO DO THIS!!!!!!CUSTOMER SERVICE ISSUES

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 06:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: I HATE TO DO THIS!!!!!!CUSTOMER SERVICE ISSUES

Originally Posted by Mini-G
The point is there are plenty of quality engine builders who do not require a ridiculous amount of time to deliver.
I'm not arguing that, but there is a reason why he chose DonF to build his motor.

A year of waiting for shipping is pretty ridiculous, but I personally think that you could've handled this whole transaction a little better and you would probably be driving your car by now. Just my .2.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by clean rice
I'm not arguing that, but there is a reason why he chose DonF to build his motor.

A year of waiting for shipping is pretty ridiculous, but I personally think that you could've handled this whole transaction a little better and you would probably be driving your car by now. Just my .2.
Seriously you are all over the place... first you say you are cool with waiting 22 months for a head.

Then now you say a year to wait is ridiculous. Then you say "don't jump into a thread and try to ridicule someone when you don't know a person's situation." buts thats exactly what you did when you first posted talking **** about the op and the "kids" that ask questions on HT..

And you say how you hate HT and it sucks and thats why everyone left.....

But you are still posting and looking here every day...

???????????????????????
Old 03-24-2010, 07:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i waited what 8 months after the motor was "done" before i posted this thread,and that was after numerous attempts to contact don and get it shipped. i think thats pretty patient!! i choose don for his knowledge of these motors,i just didnt know how he handled things on the buisness end. even if i posted the the thread a week after the motor was done,the customer is the customer. they paid you your amount,and you do what you can to make them happy. thats buisness
Old 03-24-2010, 07:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 4g hatch
i waited what 8 months after the motor was "done" before i posted this thread,and that was after numerous attempts to contact don and get it shipped. i think thats pretty patient!! i choose don for his knowledge of these motors,i just didnt know how he handled things on the buisness end. even if i posted the the thread a week after the motor was done,the customer is the customer. they paid you your amount,and you do what you can to make them happy. thats buisness
It sucks that you are in this situation i hope that eventually you get resolution.

You chose Donf because of all you have heard on here. and all of the hype on here surrounding how everyone says hes the god of B series. and Skunk sends him testing parts.

you just didnt think it would take 1+ years to get it back..

Sucks. hope it gets resolved.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by h22crxpwr
It sucks that you are in this situation i hope that eventually you get resolution.

You chose Donf because of all you have heard on here. and all of the hype on here surrounding how everyone says hes the god of B series. and Skunk sends him testing parts.

you just didnt think it would take 1+ years to get it back..

Sucks. hope it gets resolved.
your so right,im glad somepeople get it.i appreciate your kind words. even if i got it back i would just sell it. it would be just a reminder of alot of headaches that wasnt nessasary. well ive learned alot over the last year. i was gonna get out of the scene,but im rethinking it. i just love these damn honda's. im buying my old crx back today though a stock sohc is going in it. my next build im gonna do myself though,minus any head work it needs. ill just hit up cc for that.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok but this is not a question of Don's engine building skills.

I cannot believe this. You still somehow find some fault on the customer.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

u still did not get your motor wow?isnt this thread enough proof you need for shady buisness you have proff of two people trying to get ahold of him for your motor.You have proof that he called and gave you false shipping dates i mean come on guy grow a pair print this **** out and take his *** to court.Anything over 500 is a felony he ripped you off still has your motor and your cash do u have any paper work anything this would be a simple win for you man come on!ID bepissed i wouldnt care where he is money is money being sick is diff i go to work sick and do my job if he is deathly ill then why didnt he refund and shipp what he did?
Old 03-24-2010, 09:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

if you have his address a number all these statments from member who have been in contact with him for YOU why wouldnt you take him to court its free if you win pay the lawer from your winnings and some pocket cash for you! Dont feel bad for him because he can care less about you dude.IM ****in pissed dude i read every ****in page im hot man! This is why i do **** local or make the drive raise hell man!
Old 03-25-2010, 05:28 PM

damn sucks that you still dont have your motor back. i once sent out a 351W(back when i had my stang) and i never saw that motor again. took 2 years before i get a random phone call one day:

"your block is done and we are shipping it tomorrow."
got the block back with a refund for everything, sold block because i no longer had a stang and had my EG.

me personall, i would take the time to drive over there to dons shop and see what was going on in person. if they still dont want to talk then call the cops, show your receipts and if needed call a lawyer. get your block and stuff back with your money and refund for shipping, if the lawyer is good see if you can get some extra for the time they took from you for waiting.

i think i read a quote on page 11 or something that said
"if you build engines for a living/professionally, it should not take you a year to get it done" thats true.

hopefully something gets worked out. hate to see a engine builders reputation ruined by just one mishap. but at the same time i hate to see someone wait that long to get a motor back.

+1 on your idea of building yourself and having someone else do the head.

good luck
Old 03-25-2010, 08:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Seriously you are all over the place... first you say you are cool with waiting 22 months for a head.
Actually, no...I didn't. Read:

Sure I missed my car from time to time, and had my frustrating moments,
Then you say "don't jump into a thread and try to ridicule someone when you don't know a person's situation." buts thats exactly what you did when you first posted talking **** about the op and the "kids" that ask questions on HT..
Drunken rant, but doesn't excuse me. I could explain...but it's not worth anyone's time. To sum it up, it's almost like seeing a new generation coming in and I think they're pathetic. But it has to do with everything, not just H-T. It's the population today....I'm gonna spare you all and not write a book.

And you say how you hate HT and it sucks and thats why everyone left.....but you are still posting and looking here every day...

???????????????????????
I do very much dislike the new H-T, but I rarely check this site unless I am in a "debate" with people in a thread(s). Whatever though, no biggie...

i waited what 8 months after the motor was "done" before i posted this thread,and that was after numerous attempts to contact don and get it shipped.
Exactly my point. An older person is gonna get annoyed REAL quick when he/she are bothered yes/no??

Now I know you are the customer, but frankly...someone who is as well-known as Don is could give 2 ***** about what some kid thinks about him. Or what an internet forum thinks about him. Does it make things "right," probably not....but thats reality kid. Like it or not.

the customer is the customer. they paid you your amount,and you do what you can to make them happy. thats buisness
In a perfect world, yes. I honestly feel you on this one man trust me....but the general customer population demands/expects/requires/impatient and has 0 tolerance for anything nowadays. I've worked in retail for 15 years now, and could personally shoot 5 people every day right in there suck-hole for there lack of respect alone. I'm not gonna get into this.....but the world isn't the same as it was a mere 10 years ago.

Don probably has the same attitiude I have x 40. "If you don't like me, my company, my work or whatever else...thats YOUR problem. Tough ****."

I'm sorry it's crude, but it's real. I'm not speaking for Don btw.

Just my own personal view.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im not trying to b a ***,but dont call me kid when im 28 and your 29!!
so just because don is 60 and gets annoyed easy that excuses him for all of this?
and i know that block never was shipped and he probably doesnt even have it anymore,where its at who knows,but only a retard would believe that it was done after 3 months and its taken a year to pick up the phone and call a freight company to come and pick it up
and that shitty attitude of yours about buisness is why this sport has went to hell in a hand basket.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

**** it. Hope you get your motor back.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:43 PM
HT White Ops

**** it. Hope you get your motor back.
Please do STFU..
Old 03-25-2010, 09:48 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

i have asked 4g hatch this question a few times but never got an answer

How much did you pay?
Old 03-25-2010, 09:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sorry for not seeing your ?'s before. i payed 850$ just to freshing it up,new rings,bearings,micropolish,and hone. the overbore was done on the first rebuild that i payed 1200$ for.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ok so i've been following this thread for a few weeks, first off serious BS.. IMO, if donf is a true professional, as most of H-T would say, he wouldn't take this long.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

if hes not calling u back and u are calling him with no contact
than yes he is hiding and has made a big mistake that he does not want u to know about

local police and do some investigation, sounds like its going to get nasty
you shoudl have got some legal action alot sooner even if it feels uncomfortable it has to be done.

time is money
Old 03-26-2010, 01:29 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

2050 and a motor is what you sent to him total...

damn.

but ask clean rice and he will tell you its all gravy. lol.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the first rebuild was done by a local guy. then i decided to go with a vtec head so i sent it to done to be gone over for ideal bearing clearances,ring gap etc... for the higher revs. but thats still money i lost,plus the 400$ i paid for the original ls motor to begin with.
so he got 850$ from me plus whatever he sold the motor for,but like cleanrice said,hes 60yrs old and gets annoyed easy so its all good!!
Old 03-29-2010, 04:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Allmotor-R
As far as i recall the guy paid half and half when its done...Maybe he needs to pay the other half i cant speak in neither name but DONF Hasnt been on Honda-tech in a long time why ? i dont know..
Pay the other half after waiting over a year for his motor and no phone call or anything??? NO Way!
Old 03-29-2010, 04:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

im not trying to b a ***,but dont call me kid when im 28 and your 29!!
so just because don is 60 and gets annoyed easy that excuses him for all of this?
and i know that block never was shipped and he probably doesnt even have it anymore,where its at who knows,but only a retard would believe that it was done after 3 months and its taken a year to pick up the phone and call a freight company to come and pick it up
and that shitty attitude of yours about buisness is why this sport has went to hell in a hand basket.
I say you stop all the bullshit and just go visit the guy! If I was out this much $$$ I would be knocking on his door.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by sgnlab
Pay the other half after waiting over a year for his motor and no phone call or anything??? NO Way!
which shop in USA will ship you a block or anything if you didnt pay the other half??? name me one and if they in business ..YEA RIGHT !

4g did you even pay the rest out of the money to don what you owe for him finishing is a good question.Because you are one of the first ones to complain about donf.?or do you still owe him and he doesnt want to ship it to you. That is a good question!!
Old 03-29-2010, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by sgnlab
I say you stop all the bullshit and just go visit the guy! If I was out this much $$$ I would be knocking on his door.
This crap sucks thats what i am saying i believe there is so much too it ..I might pay the visit to him just to find out really what happened..
Old 03-30-2010, 08:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

if you would ****ing read the through the thread instead of trying to find a way to justify what don did you would see i paid him the other half when he called me and the motor was done!!! i might go to my bank and see if they still have copies of the cashed checks on file,[i dont know if they will have them back that far] and post pics of them on here so all of you na-sayer will stfu!!!!
Old 03-30-2010, 08:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i laughed at the part about an older person getting annoyed easily for pestering them with phone calls. like "who does this bratty f*** think he is, callin me all the time?? i'll teach him a lesson, f*** him gettin his motor!"

Quick Reply: I HATE TO DO THIS!!!!!!CUSTOMER SERVICE ISSUES