All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

Header this, Header that - Who is Down for the Definitive Showdown?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2003, 04:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Header this, Header that - Who is Down for the Definitive Showdown? (advanracing62)

Bump
Old 10-28-2003, 08:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Header this, Header that - Who is Down for the Definitive Showdown? (advanracing62)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by advanracing62 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">DTR isn't stepping up? SMSP??? </TD></TR></TABLE>
?????....inquiring minds want to know
Old 10-28-2003, 08:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Header this, Header that - Who is Down for the Definitive Showdown? (V-GRIP! EG)

Keeping an eye on this thread.
This will be very interesting.
Old 10-28-2003, 09:55 PM
aira

Default Re: Header this, Header that - Who is Down for the Definitive Showdown? (PhatOptimo)

there's a lot of an-r hype, but no dyno plots. i wonder if they will join as well.
Old 10-28-2003, 10:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Header this, Header that - Who is Down for the Definitive Showdown? (aira)

Get DTR and SMSP in there.
Old 10-28-2003, 11:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Header this, Header that - Who is Down for the Definitive Showdown? (Skunk2nR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Skunk2nR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Get DTR and SMSP in there.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i too would like to see everyone possible get in.. an-r, Tinker, everyone

why not??? I mean if you assure that your item is worth the $ you ask, why not join in..

if the difference in a 300 and 900 header was like 5 whp, id be on that 300 buck header in a heart beat..

id like to see why we pay what we do!
Old 10-29-2003, 07:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Header this, Header that - Who is Down for the Definitive Showdown? (KTeller8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KTeller8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i too would like to see everyone possible get in.. an-r, Tinker, everyone

why not??? I mean if you assure that your item is worth the $ you ask, why not join in..

if the difference in a 300 and 900 header was like 5 whp, id be on that 300 buck header in a heart beat..

id like to see why we pay what we do!</TD></TR></TABLE>
Maybe that's why you don't see all of them in there!
Old 10-29-2003, 08:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Header this, Header that - Who is Down for the Definitive Showdown? (sircrxracer)

Thats alot of work he his putting up for free of charge. Plus he's going to send the hearder back. I think its a great idea. No telling how many people will buy the winner.
Old 10-29-2003, 08:46 AM
Trial User

Yeah, I've always thought that SMSP was the power header, but I don't see him stepping up. I hope the 10-94 header makes good power too.
That is what I'm thinking about right now.
Old 10-29-2003, 12:09 PM

Default Re: (-KangaRod-)

i would also like to see the jun, toda, spoon, and the hytech header in this comparison
Old 10-29-2003, 01:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (B18RCoupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18RCoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i would also like to see the jun, toda, spoon, and the hytech header in this comparison</TD></TR></TABLE>

maybe we could find someone with one of those, and if the factory dont want to support it, them maybe they could help pay to have it shipped:

i mean this way there isnt a "special" one made for the trial
Old 10-29-2003, 03:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (KTeller8)

The test this time should be done with NO exhaust so the exhaust system, cat, reducers, etc do not affect the results or potential breathability of the headers.

Secondly, it IS fair to have all these headers tested by one tuner, since almost all headers sold will not be tuned by the respective "expert" or "experienced with header x" tuner... They will be tuned by a tuner (granted they are a decent experienced tuner). If they can't get power out of it well chances are 99% of h-t users couldn't either.

Thirdly, it is essential that 2.0L headers be tested on 2L setups putting out at least 200-220whp. These are the setups that mainly merit the market for such speciality headers.
Old 10-29-2003, 03:19 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (teg92)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by teg92 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The test this time should be done with NO exhaust so the exhaust system, cat, reducers, etc do not affect the results or potential breathability of the headers.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

i am down with that, makes it a lot easier on us pulling and installing each header
Old 10-29-2003, 07:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Header this, Header that - Who is Down for the Definitive Showdown? (George Knighton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by George Knighton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Well, for one thing, SMSP already invested considerable time and money in the Great Header Test.

DTR wasn't around and HyTech didn't cooperate, but they did gather quite a bit of valuable information, even if it did cost people as individuals to get it done.

I am not sure it's correct to chide people who aren't stepping up to this particular challenge.

They probably feel they've already done their parts.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i am not by all means asking anyone to make a header to send it, i just dont see why someone would send out a unit they got to keep on the top? i mean even boxers have to keep fighting to remain the best? RIGHT?

i know SMSP has and continues to be proven to be one of the best hands down, so i am not saying that David should make another one and send it in, but i am sure someone out there still has faith its the best bang for their buck and can send in theirs... just saying if you dont fight to be number one then dont get mad if your not considered the best
Old 10-30-2003, 11:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TitanMotorsports.com)

This test should not only show peak HP and peak Torque but it should show the complete powerband and the settings of the tune should be well documented...

I want to see the comparison test scores based on cost of the part, quality of the part, fitment of the part, powerband, and peak power results...

You can break it up into 20% for each of those 5 categories that way all manufacturers will have a chance to showcase their part's trongest areas...
Old 10-30-2003, 11:24 AM

Default Re: Header this, Header that - Who is Down for the Definitive Showdown? (George Knighton)

Is Comptech the only one showing up? Wow, the was an easy victory for them.

As far as other's not stepping up..... Then I think those other's shouldn't claim to be the best or charge 1G for their header that can't be put up to a test against their colleagues. The boxer analogy was dead on. Tyson, once was considered the best in the world. Is he now? Does he still command the same kind of paychecks he once did?
Old 10-30-2003, 11:41 AM
Trial User

i wouldn't say comptech has got it. that 10-94 header looks nice. Me personally, I'm intrested in the comptech vs 10-94 showdown. Its harder to make peak power with a 4-2-1 vs a 4-1.
Old 10-30-2003, 11:53 AM
Future Texas Boy

Default Re: Header this, Header that - Who is Down for the Definitive Showdown? (TrboInteg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TrboInteg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Is Comptech the only one showing up? Wow, the was an easy victory for them.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

No, Header Tech is in, too. (get ready for at sema, enzo)

Btw, there will never be a "best header", only what is best for your particular budget and setup.
Old 10-30-2003, 12:10 PM

Default Re: Header this, Header that - Who is Down for the Definitive Showdown? (vtecvoodoo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vtecvoodoo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

No, Header Tech is in, too. (get ready for at sema, enzo)
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I apologize to Header Tech and 10-94. I didn't know that they were in for sure. So, at least we will have a test between two. Or is it three?

Modified by TrboInteg at 9:06 PM 10/30/2003
Old 10-30-2003, 12:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Header this, Header that - Who is Down for the Definitive Showdown? (TrboInteg)

so far it seems, Header Tech, Mike A's from 10-94 and Bert is getting a Competch header ...

i know that i ll be getting one of the ones from the test, as well as pushing that header with my customers.. i know that James would do the same

ryan's right its bout budget and setup, i know that i ll be willing to put up some xtra $$ if the header is going to make it worth it and produce!
Old 10-30-2003, 02:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Header this, Header that - Who is Down for the Definitive Showdown? (KTeller8)

I wish that this would actually happen, but there's always someone or a few people that are not willing to step up, and put there product (header) to the test... There's to many variables I guess...
Old 11-02-2003, 09:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Header this, Header that - Who is Down for the Definitive Showdown? (TurboChrgd_Civic)

so when is this showdown suppose to take place?
Old 11-02-2003, 10:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Header this, Header that - Who is Down for the Definitive Showdown? (CRX_VTEC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CRX_VTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so when is this showdown suppose to take place? </TD></TR></TABLE>

If its not going to happen for a couple weeks put me on your list

hybrid-racing

Old 11-03-2003, 01:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Header this, Header that - Who is Down for the Definitive Showdown? (K20EG)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by K20EG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

If its not going to happen for a couple weeks put me on your list

hybrid-racing

</TD></TR></TABLE>

good to see someone want to support themself and step up
Old 11-03-2003, 08:17 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Header this, Header that - Who is Down for the Definitive Showdown? (CRX_VTEC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CRX_VTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so when is this showdown suppose to take place? </TD></TR></TABLE>

I will be out at SEMA this week trying to get some more people involved and will hopefully be able to set a date at the end of this week. I am thinking the first weekend on December right now - seems to be enough time to generate the interest in the showdown and plenty of time for the manufacturer's to get their product to us

james

Quick Reply: Header this, Header that - Who is Down for the Definitive Showdown?