All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

H series intake manifold testing brought to you by IMPORT SPORTS

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (road.head)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by road.head &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just my thoughts, i would offset/taper the dividers to help promote equal distribution</TD></TR></TABLE>

its a work in progress. i am still deciding where i would like to locate the tb. it may end up being on the top of the plenum so i dont want to go any further w/ it for now
Old 07-30-2008, 03:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (NAH2B)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NAH2B &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

its a work in progress. i am still deciding where i would like to locate the tb. it may end up being on the top of the plenum so i dont want to go any further w/ it for now </TD></TR></TABLE>

top.. of.. the.. plenum..
Old 07-30-2008, 04:01 PM

Default Re: (Shadowz7429)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Shadowz7429 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

top.. of.. the.. plenum.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Modified by crxmanifold at 2:09 PM 7/31/2008
Old 07-30-2008, 04:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (crxmanifold)

im gonna make the plenum from scratch and still havent decided what i would like to do yet. im thinking of locating the tb on top (somewhat like an upside down k series ips mani) and using a hood scoop in conjunction w/ it. the only concern i have about this is w/ such a short intake trac from the tb to the hood there wont be very much velocity before the tb.

of course all this is just my opinion, i dont have alot of experience w/ intake manifold theory so im just going to have to learn by trial and error.

again, this project wont be finished until sometime over the winter, so i wont be testing it until next spring.

but the good news is it looks like i will be heading to the dyno between monday and wednesday to test out the euro r and skunk manifolds
Old 07-30-2008, 04:14 PM

Modified by crxmanifold at 2:09 PM 7/31/2008
Old 07-30-2008, 05:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crxmanifold &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

welcome to 2 years ago. Honda-Tech is always behind </TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crxmanifold &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have already done all the testing your doing hence why I have the design I have in my picture when your just thinking about what to do. Conclusion skunk2 manifold sucks. Euro r manifold is solid. Ported h22 manifold oem owns. Custom plenum owns all.

oczc</TD></TR></TABLE>

you should start your own thread about it

i modified, ported and tested an oem manifold back in 02' , so maybee your the one who is behind? however i did not have a control to test it against back then. so in reality i dont know how well it performed. seemed like there was a large tq loss though.

i have been using the euro r manifolds since 03' or 04' so thats nothing new to me either. again, this is not my first time around the block w/ an h motor. i made 280whp/205wtq w/ my last h motor and that was w/ a very basic setup. if you would care to read up on it try searching

i do not have as much experience w/ the skunk manifold and that is why im curious to see the exact differences in the graphs. i am well aware the skunk manifold does not perform well for a daily driven application on a stock internal or mildly built motor. but the results apparently arent too bad at the track otherwise jake wouldnt have put up the numbers he has
Old 07-30-2008, 05:41 PM
King of the One Liners

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crxmanifold &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have already done all the testing your doing hence why I have the design I have in my picture when your just thinking about what to do. Conclusion skunk2 manifold sucks. </TD></TR></TABLE>

So why be a smart *** about it?

Wow you tried it once. Guess it didnt work because this is the first time anyone of us have heard about it.

So welcome to the present, since apparrently the past left you behind.

Someone is spending their own money to do testing and are willing to share results , yet we still have people like farmer dave over here talking trash because they are too miserable with their own lives they feel the need to knock others.

Keep on hating, keep on running those numbers you ran years ago, and we'll keep on passing you by.

If there was a little smiley face guy that gave the finger i would enter it right . . . HERE
Old 07-30-2008, 06:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (2fastGSR)

....F U kindly.
lol
Old 07-30-2008, 09:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (alterdcreations)

Sorry i just gotta get on tha band wagon here.... Im only saying this so you become more social and talk about what your doing so you get different ideas and input on your projects... From the pictures you posted it looks like you have re-engineered a stock EK DX/CX manifold Good job but if your going through all that trouble why not do something dramatic like

A Mustang TB or something bigger...
Old 07-31-2008, 07:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (cdownin)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NAH2B &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im gonna make the plenum from scratch and still havent decided what i would like to do yet. im thinking of locating the tb on top (somewhat like an upside down k series ips mani) and using a hood scoop in conjunction w/ it. the only concern i have about this is w/ such a short intake trac from the tb to the hood there wont be very much velocity before the tb.

of course all this is just my opinion, i dont have alot of experience w/ intake manifold theory so im just going to have to learn by trial and error.

again, this project wont be finished until sometime over the winter, so i wont be testing it until next spring.

but the good news is it looks like i will be heading to the dyno between monday and wednesday to test out the euro r and skunk manifolds </TD></TR></TABLE>

Randy let me know if you need any help with the fab work on that, i have the lower plenum bolt pattern/port pattern drawn up in CAD, I was gonna do the same thing last year but never got around to it. I was gonna do a billet plenum with one or two throttles and then also do some CNC work to the lower plenum similiar to what you did with the grinder.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Rosko)

little off topic, but i have herd good results from these little puppys.

http://www.blacktrax.net/BTP_IMS.html
Old 07-31-2008, 10:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Re: (mx621)

My prediction

Euro R, 2-5whp midrange
Skunk 2 5whp 7k+
Stock Mani in between the 2.

Modified by AllMtrRex at 11:29 AM 7/31/2008
Old 07-31-2008, 11:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Rosko)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rosko &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Randy let me know if you need any help with the fab work on that, i have the lower plenum bolt pattern/port pattern drawn up in CAD, I was gonna do the same thing last year but never got around to it. I was gonna do a billet plenum with one or two throttles and then also do some CNC work to the lower plenum similiar to what you did with the grinder.</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks, i appreciate it it will probably be one of my winter projects

i will be going back down to Tempest Racing on monday around 4pm to dyno. we will probably be messing around down there until midnight so please dont expect any results posted until tuesday morning i am planning on taking plenty of pics, but i think a video may be even better we will see.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This thread called and said

"don't you...forget about me"
Old 08-04-2008, 05:52 AM
King of the One Liners

Default Re: (Whats Up DOHC)

If randy sends me any texts , i will try to update the thread today for him. . .
Old 08-04-2008, 06:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Monday already?? lol
Old 08-04-2008, 07:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

in for results
Old 08-04-2008, 09:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (fast2camciv)

i will be leaving my house in less than an hour to head to the dyno, wish me luck

Jake, i will try to text you the end result of each manifold.

depending on how late i get home tonight i may not have any graphs or pics up until tomorrow, sorry guys. however i may try to get a video for everyone
Old 08-04-2008, 09:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

oh yeah btw, i am going to save the final tune for each manifold so i can follow up w/ track testing the euro r vs skunk

Old 08-04-2008, 09:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i just wanna know how they do post graphs later but numbers tonight
Old 08-04-2008, 10:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (NABeastRR)

in for the results
Old 08-04-2008, 12:16 PM
King of the One Liners

Default Re: (NABeastRR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NABeastRR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i just wanna know how they do post graphs later but numbers tonight </TD></TR></TABLE>

Simple.
Randy texts me the numbers, I post them up.

He cant text me the dyno graphs . . .
Old 08-04-2008, 01:50 PM
King of the One Liners

Default Re: (2fastGSR)

Update # 1 -

Its quite a bit hotter out then when Randy first tuned.

Same setup as before ie: stock manifold made 213/166 today.

Skunk2 manifold picked up 5 hp over that baseline.

Euro R is next . .
Old 08-04-2008, 02:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wow the skunk picked up 5hp with no tunning?
Old 08-04-2008, 02:36 PM
King of the One Liners

Default Re: (GoldLudeRay)

Sorry, After tunning.

Quick Reply: H series intake manifold testing brought to you by IMPORT SPORTS