Notices
All Motor / Naturally Aspirated No power adders

***** WHICH COMPANY MAKES THE BEST CAMSHAFT FOR A ALLMOTOR K SERIES BUILD *****

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 09:01 PM
NooB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ***** WHICH COMPANY MAKES THE BEST CAMSHAFT FOR A ALLMOTOR K SERIES BUILD *****

Im planning on building a fullybuilt k24/k20 all motor for drag use only.Which company's cams make the most power and also what's the prices of these cams.If theres a company that i didnt put please put it in your reply thread.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:25 PM
NooB

Default Re: ***** WHICH COMPANY MAKES THE BEST CAMSHAFT FOR A ALLMOTOR K SERIES BUILD ***** (IT'S ME DAVID)

Can anybody post dyno sheet and graphs with any k series camshafts.
Old 05-30-2006, 11:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please list setup details to help us help you.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:03 AM
NooB

Default Re: (Combustion Contraption)

ok here so far this is the ideal setup but thing's might change later.I want to make some where around 280 whp+ 210tq+.

k24a4 block
wisco high compresion pistons 13+
stock crank but micropolished and balanced
k20 oil pump
ep3 pulley
cunningham preferred rods but if funds are low then eagle if available
arp head and main bolts
k20a2 head
portflow fully ported head
not sure on which valvetrain to go with let me hear your suggestion
ips k2 cams unless you guys have a better cam you think will work best.
aem ems
type r tranny
twm 54mm itb
twin disc clutch not sure what brand yet.

Anything else im missing.

Old 05-31-2006, 12:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I would look into the biggest cams IPS has available of some custom stuff. IPS is proven though, and thats what everyone is going to tell you.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:39 AM

Default Re: (Combustion Contraption)

everything that IPS makes is superb..
2nd to none status.

for example, their k series intake manifold outperforms ITB's with less negative effects that usually accompany ITB's (easier to tune, no custom pulley stuff required, able to daily drive w/ filter, better idle, etc.)
Old 05-31-2006, 03:52 AM

Default Re: (IT'S ME DAVID)

How about the hondata k pro?

Most popular is the IPS but I don't of to many others who make for the k series. Toda has some available but others like Jun are still in development.
Old 05-31-2006, 04:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: (camlob)

You do realize K-PRO is an engine management system, correct? By far IPS looks to be th best. They are proven, and that's the answer you'll probably get
Old 05-31-2006, 11:52 AM

Default Re: (bitch backed into me)

based on dyno sheets, IPS. Lots of people have his cams an there are numerous sheets you can find from 250whp stock block to 300+ fully built
based on racing, SKunk2. they do have the fastest all motor car in the world.

IPS has some great stuff, an you cant go wrong with his product.
I have dynoed some SKunk2 stuff an really liked it as well.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:04 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IT’S ME DAVID &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok here so far this is the ideal setup but thing's might change later.I want to make some where around 280 whp+ 210tq+.

k24a4 block
wisco high compresion pistons 13+
stock crank but micropolished and balanced
k20 oil pump
ep3 pulley
cunningham preferred rods but if funds are low then eagle if available
arp head and main bolts
k20a2 head
portflow fully ported head
not sure on which valvetrain to go with let me hear your suggestion
ips k2 cams unless you guys have a better cam you think will work best.
aem ems
type r tranny
twm 54mm itb
twin disc clutch not sure what brand yet.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Some things to consider

-the type r tranny sucks for 99mm motors and drag racing. I know because I have one. Use a type s tranny with LSD or an ep3 tranny with LSD

-you are running high compression... Therefore the normal cams that stock motors use are not ideal... Sure you are going to make power with any cam... you might as well use stock k series cams You need a cam profile that works great with high compression.

-IPS cams normally go with eibach EVS

-you also are going to need thich *** gasket... this motor will have to be clayed or you are taking chances for disaster once it hit VTEC.. Have you seen the wiseco piston up close? Looks like a pyramid, doesn't it? lol

To sum it up, you need to do a little more research on your setup. No point, spending all this money and blowing up the first time you hit VTEC
Old 05-31-2006, 01:39 PM
NooB

Default Re: (Nikos)

Well the motor builder will be JERRY of JERRYBUILT Racing. he built my 12"8"1 compression b20vtec on stock sleeves making power all the way to 10,000 rpm hitting 241 whp 161 tq.Are the ips k3 or the stage above the k2 more for turbo application.
Old 05-31-2006, 01:46 PM

Then ask Jerry, or maybe you trust the the "majority" of posters on H-T over your engine builder. I guess Jerry cannot read a cam card? Did you get his opinion? Do you trust him?
Old 05-31-2006, 01:51 PM

Default Re: (black_EM1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IT’S ME DAVID &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by black_EM1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You do realize K-PRO is an engine management system, correct? By far IPS looks to be th best. They are proven, and that's the answer you'll probably get</TD></TR></TABLE>

Did'nt he ask if he was missing anything in his set-up? Yes I know that a K Pro is an ems system. I just got one for my brother who has a DC5 ITR.
Old 05-31-2006, 02:02 PM

Default Re: (Nikos)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nikos &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Some things to consider

-the type r tranny sucks for 99mm motors and drag racing. I know because I have one. Use a type s tranny with LSD or an ep3 tranny with LSD

-you are running high compression... Therefore the normal cams that stock motors use are not ideal... Sure you are going to make power with any cam... you might as well use stock k series cams You need a cam profile that works great with high compression.

-IPS cams normally go with eibach EVS

-you also are going to need thich *** gasket... this motor will have to be clayed or you are taking chances for disaster once it hit VTEC.. Have you seen the wiseco piston up close? Looks like a pyramid, doesn't it? lol

To sum it up, you need to do a little more research on your setup. No point, spending all this money and blowing up the first time you hit VTEC</TD></TR></TABLE>

try k20A.org, TONS of good info on that website, and EDO an Nikos are VERY helpfull.
Old 05-31-2006, 07:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DonF)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DonF &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Then ask Jerry, or maybe you trust the the "majority" of posters on H-T over your engine builder. I guess Jerry cannot read a cam card? Did you get his opinion? Do you trust him?</TD></TR></TABLE>wow <TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VtecKiDD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

try k20A.org, TONS of good info on that website, and EDO an Nikos are VERY helpfull.</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VtecKiDD &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

try k20A.org, TONS of good info on that website, and EDO an Nikos are VERY helpfull.</TD></TR></TABLE>Very alot of great info, but only you will make the decision on yoru ride.<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IT’S ME DAVID &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well the motor builder will be JERRY of JERRYBUILT Racing. he built my 12"8"1 compression b20vtec on stock sleeves making power all the way to 10,000 rpm hitting 241 whp 161 tq.Are the ips k3 or the stage above the k2 more for turbo application.</TD></TR></TABLE>talk to him I have been talking to him and he wont mess around with these motor all attention to detail will be tooken, like all his other work.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:39 PM
NooB

Default Re: ***** WHICH COMPANY MAKES THE BEST CAMSHAFT FOR A ALLMOTOR K SERIES BUILD ***** (IT'S ME DAVID)

i talk to jerry all the time im going to his house to take pics of his k motor that hes installing in his eg.<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by camlob &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Did'nt he ask if he was missing anything in his set-up? Yes I know that a K Pro is an ems system. I just got one for my brother who has a DC5 ITR. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Na im using aem ems not kpro.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DonF &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Then ask Jerry, or maybe you trust the the "majority" of posters on H-T over your engine builder. I guess Jerry cannot read a cam card? Did you get his opinion? Do you trust him?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Im just interested to hear some other engine builsers results that have used any of these cams.
Old 06-01-2006, 08:12 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

I didn't mean to question Jerry's skills... You just wrote that you are planning

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by IT’S ME DAVID &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">on building a fullybuilt k24/k20 all motor for drag use only.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Last year, I had a motor assembled with the stock 99mm crank and wisecos 13.7:1compression 89mm, sleeved, with 50mm TWM ITBS, crower rods, k20a2 oil pump etc.. Pretty much what you have going..

We used a cometic head gasket, pretty thick to drop compression a litle bit as well. The motor was able to run all the way to 50 VTC.

With a dtr (ssrengineering) header, 4-2-1 it made 301whp on a dynapack

The motor is constantly revved to 8800 with no problems. For that motor we used crower stage 3 cams. Head was also ported by R & D dyno with +0.5mm valves
Old 06-01-2006, 10:56 AM
NooB

thanks nikos.Ill check out your forum because it seems to have alot more k series owner then here.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:35 AM
GDD Lonely Krew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey nikos isnt rcrew putting out cams now? arent they your favorite!!?? lol

yah but go ips. with your setup i think youll be needing the ips KME or K10 cams not the k2. k2 is a street oriented cam and would not utilize your mottors full potential if that is indeed your setup.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:51 AM

Default Re: (the_unknown)

i say skunk2 cams there track proven
Old 06-01-2006, 12:05 PM

Default Re: (Golden Eagle)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Golden Eagle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i say skunk2 cams there track proven</TD></TR></TABLE>

so is IPS
http://www.intrinsicperformance.com/
Old 06-01-2006, 04:53 PM

Default Re: (EVOL)

We made 246 with skunk cams/valvetrain in an otherwise stock head on a 12.1-1 k20a2 through the exhaust. Maybe not the highest ever, but plenty for a street motor.
Dan

Modified by accuracy1 at 1:20 AM 6/2/2006
Old 06-01-2006, 05:52 PM

Default Re: (accuracy1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by accuracy1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">We made 246 with skunk cams/valvetrain in an otherwise stock head on a 12.1-1 k20a2 through the exhaust. Maybe not the highest ever, but plenty for a street motor.
Dan

Modified by accuracy1 at 1:20 AM 6/2/2006</TD></TR></TABLE>
nice..care to share the rest of the setup info?
Old 06-01-2006, 07:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Custom cams all day.
Old 06-01-2006, 08:33 PM

Default Re: (EVOL)

r crew header, k-pro, 3" exhaust, stock rods, 70mm TB, "new" SI IM.

Quick Reply: ***** WHICH COMPANY MAKES THE BEST CAMSHAFT FOR A ALLMOTOR K SERIES BUILD *****