Acura TSX Acura TSX Sports Sedan. USDM TSX and Euro/UK/JDM Accord.

12-Volt/Cigarette Lighter Fuse

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 05:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12-Volt/Cigarette Lighter Fuse

Does anyone know where the fuse is for the "Cigarette Lighter/12-Volt Accessory Socket"?

My cigarette lighter sockets are not working and I think the fuse blew. Where are the fuses located that I need to replace?
Old 01-23-2006, 08:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Anyone?

Please disregard my question.

I found the blown fuse down near the drivers foot well.

Are these fuses rated at 15 milliamps or is it 15 amps? I am assuming that they are milliamps.

So here is what I did...

1. I replaced the 15 milliamp fuse with a 20 milliamp fuse. I put my cell phone car charger in the front console, without the cell phone attached, and the the fuse did not blow. The red "charging light" on the cell phone car charger was lit. No problems. I then put the charger in the middle console. The red "charging light" came on, and I made sure that the car charger was completely pushed in the socket. What do you know. The fuse blew.

2. So I then replaced the 20 milliamp fuse with a 25 milliamp fuse. I put my cell phone car charger in the front console, without the cell phone attached, and the the fuse did not blow. The red "charging light" on the car charger was lit. No problems. I then put the charger in the middle console. The red "charging light" came on. But as soon as I fiddled with the car charger in the socket, the fuse blew.

So, what do you guys think?

Could there be something wrong with my car charger? (I don't think there is because the charger works completely fine in any socket on my wifes 2004 Nissan Xterra.)

Could there be faulty wiring in the center console of my TSX?

Should I try a 30 milliamp fuse as my last resort?

Should I take my car to the dealership and complain?

Am I doing something wrong?

Please help, or least give me some insight.

Thanks
Old 01-26-2006, 06:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Anyone? (2005 TSX)

Are you sure the fuse amperage rating is so low? I thought they were in the Amps range, not mA.

But regardless, stop increasing the fuse. There is something wrong here. Bring the car to the dealer.
Old 01-29-2006, 09:10 AM

Default Re: Anyone? (corey415)

the fuses are in amps. put in a 15 amp fuse. you actually have a couple of spare fuses in the fuse box. the problem is not your car but the charger. if it keeps blowing fuses then what your hooking up to it either has to much draw or its bad. if you put in a larger fuse then you will melt your harness and warranty doesnt cover stupidity.
Old 03-06-2015, 07:10 PM
Trial User

Default Re: 12-Volt/Cigarette Lighter Fuse

2006 Acura TSX location is slot #9 : Front Socket Accessory. 15 Amps. It is Bottom row, 3rd to last. (Going left to right)