Acura TL, RL & ZDX Includes Legend, Vigor and 2001 - 2003 Acura CL

What do you think of this deal on this acura RL?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 10:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What do you think of this deal on this acura RL? (KingKash420)

my bud just got a good deal on a new model (used) TL for like 23K

???
Old 10-16-2008, 10:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (k3nnex)

keep shopping dude
Old 10-16-2008, 10:40 AM
The OG Animated Avatar

Default Re: (SDT Project EF)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SDT Project EF &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">keep shopping dude</TD></TR></TABLE>

so basically you think I can find a factory certified black rl with under 65K miles for under 18 grand?
Old 10-16-2008, 10:45 AM
STC
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (KingKash420)

RL is a nice car, and it seems like a good price. Id get a TL myself before a RL though.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Nameless Warrior)

That car was around $50,000 new correct? I doubt that anything is wrong with RL (recall or issues) but I am wondering why the overall price has dropped so quickly? Acuras usually hold their value.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (STC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by STC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">RL is a nice car, and it seems like a good price. Id get a TL myself before a RL though.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Same here...The other day at my local Honda dealership, they had a silver '05 TL with 47,000 miles, with navigation, for 24k and it's certified. It's the exact car I want, but not sure how good of a deal that is.

I do like the RL too, but FWD doesn't bother me, so I prefer the looks of the TL.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KingKash420 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

there is not many lease options out there for less than a 30 month period.. I might not even own it for a full 2 years.. I get tired of cars very easily..</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you're not the type to stick with the same car for too long, why buy a used car you're definitely not going to get a decent return on when you decide to sell?

If you want to get a "baller" car, try shopping around for leases on newer cars. Contrary to what you may think, there are shorter term leases available (ie. 24 months).
Old 10-16-2008, 10:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Dave4282)

For some some reason this car doesn't hold its value very well, most TSX are running around the same price if not more in my area.

maybe its the V6 & MPG it gets, although i dont think its that bad on gas.

my buddy just leased one a few weeks ago, very nice car for the money.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KingKash420 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

How about an intelligent all wheel drive system.. adaptive xeon lights.. and IMO a more plush interior and nicer exterior styling for starters..

The TL is an awesome car but my next vehicle ABSOLUTELY will not be fwd

also I am not quite sure where you came up with 24K pls TTL I would be paying 21,500 OUT THE DOOR meaning ttl was included..
</TD></TR></TABLE>

First off, dont get smart with the GDD. You asked, therefore you will get opinions, even if they aren't like your own.

2nd, you live in Jersey I assume, we get MAYBE 1 storm with 3" of snow a year, so AWD is useless. You arent running this around the "ring" so dont give me the "performance" reason you need it.

TLs come with HID's and pretty much everything else on an RL. You wanna know the reason the RL was such a bomb for acura? BECUASE THE TL OFFERED EVERTHING THE RL DOES AT THE FRACTION OF THE COST.

Go get a TL!

Edit* RL's are NOT baller either.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (KingKash420)

so basically you think I can find a factory certified black rl with under 65K miles for under 18 grand?</TD></TR></TABLE>

You already sound convinced, so why are you even asking for an opinion?
Old 10-16-2008, 12:22 PM
The OG Animated Avatar

Default Re: (Overkill)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Overkill &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You already sound convinced, so why are you even asking for an opinion?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I was simply asking for opinions on the price of the acura RL in question.. not opinions on the car itself which is clearly superior to the TL as per acura's own standards.. this turned into a debate of which acura is better even though that was never my intentions.. things like that tend to happen in GDD but I am going to obviously defend the RL because having driven both I know the RL is a better car FOR ME..
Old 10-16-2008, 12:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Like was mentioned before, its a decent deal but the mileage is what kills me. Personally Id look for something less luxury for less money especially since you dont plan on keeping it long term. When you know youre going to keep a car a long time, thats when you go all out on it.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: What do you think of this deal on this acura RL? (Hatchy-Ownzjo0)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hatchy-Ownzjo0 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Why the [freak] would you pay 20k+ for a car you only plan on owning for 2 years? Are you an idiot? Lease the [freak]ing thing if you only want it for 2 years and 15k miles...</TD></TR></TABLE>

true
Old 10-16-2008, 12:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What do you think of this deal on this acura RL? (pollofrito21)

If you're trading in a car, you are not getting it for 21,500 OTD
your paying

21500+ value of trade = RL

So if you shop around i'm sure you can negotiate a lower miles TL to the same 23500-24k price

here is an 05 with 39k for 27grand. (noones gonna pay that) and probably a boatload of wiggle room considering off the bat markup on a "trade" is 3k from payout to the original owner.

27-3k-trade = 22k and you just knocked off 20,000 miles
i'm sure if you REALLLY look in nj/pa you can find the color / miles / yr combo
there are tons of these out there....noone wants them

http://www.dchmontclairacura.c...43207

Old 10-16-2008, 12:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What do you think of this deal on this acura RL? (alphalanos)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by alphalanos &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Like was mentioned before, its a decent deal but the mileage is what kills me. Personally Id look for something less luxury for less money especially since you dont plan on keeping it long term. When you know youre going to keep a car a long time, thats when you go all out on it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

But son... dat ish aint baller.....
its got dat Aspek kittage and sittin on that black chroooooooome
Old 10-16-2008, 12:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What do you think of this deal on this acura RL? (drunk_0n_c0r0na)

"don't know if you are just being sarcastic or what but I am certainly not being ignorant with my trades.. I have been making solid and conservative investments investments as of late.. I did my homework and researched everything time and time again.. the market is extremely oversold right now but I don't have to tell you that because you already know it.. also I happen to be very open about my portfolio and tell the truth while other in this thread and other tend to exaggerate or will highlight and brag about 1 successful trade they might have had and fail to mention their unsuccessful trade" from How the Market did today post.
Pollofrito21 pretty much sums it up but you are now being selfish. Do yourself and us a favor, spend you money as you wish and stop asking for our retarded unappreciated opinions,
Old 10-16-2008, 01:54 PM

Default Re: What do you think of this deal on this acura RL?

LOL at this thread.

The OP seems to be looking for that 1 key phrase or sentence that makes him bite the bullet and pick up the car. The car is nice with good options, but being black and having an ASPEC package on it sure as hell doesn't make this Honda car 'baller' in any way.

While everyone is giving you opinions on the vehicle in question, you walked away from the deal that was layed down to you on the table. Unless the salesman is cool, or if the dealership really needs to move the car, you may have walked out on a good deal and if you go back they may no longer honor it. Unless you got the quote in writing with an expiration on it, then it's his word against yours if you really want to go back and get the car for that price.

IMO, the RL is a good car but more of an old foagy's car. If you want something similar in options and packages, with a better look (IMO), but is only FWD, then I'd look into the 04-08 TL's like somebody else mentioned. They're cheaper, more aftermarket parts & accessories are available for it, and they hold their value better.

Old 10-16-2008, 08:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If you wanna go flagship luzury (oh snap, spelled with a 'z'), check out the LS430 or 460.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (NuRon)

not bad for the price.

but when looking at the car the first things i would look over is the pads, usually if they are worn past 1/2 they are replaced with 60k they should be replaced i would check that. used car inspections usually handles that but you never know. etc.

make sure it got new tires. overall the car looks very nice and clean.

nm i just look the car up they put new tires but its **** tires whatever lol.

check the rear pads sometimes those [freak]s over look them

imo that kind of car is not something that will fly off the lot not at this time. if you are willing to wait to see what happens you might be able to cut a nicer deal. but its up to you.

Modified by hayabusa160 at 1:06 AM 10/17/2008
Old 10-16-2008, 11:31 PM
Night Owl

Default Re:

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dave4282 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Same here...The other day at my local Honda dealership, they had a silver '05 TL with 47,000 miles, with navigation, for 24k and it's certified. It's the exact car I want, but not sure how good of a deal that is.

I do like the RL too, but FWD doesn't bother me, so I prefer the looks of the TL. </TD></TR></TABLE>

You could get an 04-05ish TL for much less from a private party. They go as low as 15k with that kind of mileage.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Focal204 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
dont forget to wave at all the peaseants.</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's "peasant," knave.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:35 PM
El Chico

Default Re: (Focal204)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Focal204 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Car is baller. Buy it and dont forget to wave at all the peaseants.</TD></TR></TABLE>

hahahahahaha

Wut?
Old 10-17-2008, 05:28 AM

Default Re: (Knightsport)

man , that car has V-tak so go for it ASAP...
Old 10-17-2008, 05:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Lscivic1999)

All the local Honda/Acura deals offer lifetime powertrain warranties on ALL new and CPO Honda and Acuras. Pretty sweet

&lt;-------About to buy the wife an '06 CPO Pilot.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:02 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KingKash420 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">...I got them down to $21.5K Out the door plus I give them my beater car as a trade in which is worth about $1200.. I think it is a VERY fair deal but I was hesitant and decided to go home and think about it before I pulled the trigger..

What do you guys think of this deal?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

For some reason, the RL is seriously under-rated and under-valued in the used car market. I think this is because the enthusiast community is fully aware that it's a 300 HP AWD Accord with a technology package.

Having said that, however, I have to say that I like them very much.

They are easy to drive fast because of the car's inherent capabilities...but also because they are virtually invisible to police forces, especially when coloured black or grey.

If you don't understand how SH-AWD works, let me tell you that you can <u>believe</u> the hype. It really does work. If you've put your foot down in a corner to make to clear to the car that you intend to get through a corner quickly, the car puts an unexpected amount of power to the outboard rear wheel to push you through the corner.

It's great.

Solidly reliable, few customer complaints, ever.

If you're at a stage of life where you want this kind of thing, I can't say anything bad about this car.

Do <u>not</u> listen to the people comparing this car to the TL or the TSX. This is a completely different animal as far as the technology goes. SH-AWD and the interior package make a huge difference. There are many, many scenario in which I can out-drive somebody in a TSX or TL because of the way the SH-AWD works. Hell, I could even out-drive some people in Corey's Ridgeline, I'm sure.

It's significant. I've always wondered why they've taken so long putting this system into the TSX and TL.

And if you need any further testimony, you can contact the owner of Spoon Sports, Mr Ichishima, whose personal vehicle is this exact model RL (called a Legend in Japan, of course).

Just one thing. Make sure this is the kind of car you really want. It's suspiciously big and technology-oriented for a young person. But if it is the kind of car you want, I have absolutely nothing bad to say about them, and I have always been a quiet admirer of the SH-AWD RL.

The price is decent. They're dealing because it's the Fall in USDM, all car sales are slow, and the car's about to appear to be a year older because the new Acuras are hitting the showroom floors.

In view of the economy, you might do even better. But the price is decent. People have paid $26K recently, for exactly the same car with the same mileage.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What do you think of this deal on this acura RL? (DRAMA)

Correct.

In general, it's not a "baller" car. More of just a bigger sedan.