Acura TL, RL & ZDX Includes Legend, Vigor and 2001 - 2003 Acura CL

(PICS INCLUDED) Wondering the part number to this and what it's called.

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 11:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon5 (PICS INCLUDED) Wondering the part number to this and what it's called.

Recently my radiator hose tore on my 1997 Acura TL 3.2 liter. When that happened, I'm assuming the hot coolant or something else managed to melt apart this wiring and melt what I believe to be a sensor to something. I'm just not sure exactly what it goes to or what it's called. I replaced the radiator hose already and drained and refilled with some new coolant. After I replaced it I planned on doing a full coolant flush. However when I tried to start my car it wouldn't turn over. Upon further inspection I noticed that this wiring had been melted apart. I'm sure I can just get a new part and splice the two wires together, I just can't for the life of me figure out exactly what it is or what it goes to. If somebody could inform me what it's called or give me any info on this, it would be much appreciated. The pictures I've provided include the piece that got melted and what it plugs into, the general area in which it all resides, as well as the wire that the piece was connected to before it was melted. I can gladly take any other pictures upon request that would help assist anyone in figuring out what that melted piece is and possibly a part number so I can buy a new one. Thanks in advance to anyone that replies to this 👍🏼