Notices
Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

Vacuum hose seal up?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2019, 04:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vacuum hose seal up?

I removed my stock intake for an hks one and now was wondering what should I do with the ends of the hose that says un attached to nothing ???
Old 06-22-2019, 09:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 797 Likes on 737 Posts
Default Re: Vacuum hose seal up?

The installation instructions remove the two short hoses and leave the coolant loop... or you can run a bypass 5/16" hose and remove the coolant loop altogether.
Old 06-23-2019, 10:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You mean bypass caps??? If I leave coolant like what does it connect to?
Old 06-24-2019, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 797 Likes on 737 Posts

The short hoses that I was referring to in your photo would connect the valve cover to the coolant loop and connect the other side of the coolant loop to the intake tube. The coolant loop is the green/grey metal part that has the 180' 5/16" coolant passage welded to it and connects to two soft rubber lines that tuck up close to the cylinder head. You have installed a breather filter on the valve cover, so you can no longer use the fresh air hoses... and thus, they should be removed as I have already described. IF you want to clean up the engine a bit, you can remove the coolant loop and connect ONE rubber 5/16" hose between the two end points of the coolant loop circuit.

Simply put, you will remove the coolant loop and both soft rubber 5/16" hoses connected to it and replace it with one 5/16" hose that fits between the two coolant nipples that are now exposed/open after removal of the previous stock parts. You are trying to make this too hard OP.