Notices
Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

RSX type S vs. 01 maxima vs. Type R

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2002, 12:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RSX type S vs. 01 maxima vs. Type R

Well it was a shity day at the track as usual. My best time being a 15.1 which is really crappy. All I got from the launches were bogging and bouncing. The track was kind of cold which made everyone times shitty. My brothers Type R was hitting 14.6 which is crappy as well , so I know the track was shitty. So after spending 15 bucks to run my car and pulled shitty times I was kind of pissed. As we prepared to leave the track we were all kind of pissed. As I began to pull out of the pit area I see a new maxima pull behind me. I thought to myself " what a *******, why the hell did he park behind me?" As I began to get even more pissed off I hear this guy yelling at me. I look out the window and to my surprise its a stunna with the sideways visor and all. I began to laugh to what he asked me.

STUNNA: Hey you want to run?
ME: What? hey genuis the track is close
STUNNA: Lets do this on the street
ME: hahah. aight, its your funeral.

Well we leave the track and this stunna wants to go at it right away. ( Its like 12:30 at night and the streets that lead to the track are dead and the freeways are dead as well, so dont give me **** about racing on the streets cuz we have all done it) . Well the maxima slowed down and coasted along at a slow speed and im still in first gear chilling at 56oo rpms when this guy slows down to get next to me and say "lets do this". I laugh a bit and then I nod my head. The stunna punches it and I punch it as well. From the start I pull this stunna. I take first gear to 84oo then shift and chirp the wheels in to second. I take second to 84oo then shift again to third. I take it to fourth gear then shut it down. The maxima pulls up next to me and with a look of astonishment on his face he says" good race, lets se how good your top end it" I agree and we head toward the freeway.

As we approach the freeway the stunna is in front of me and as we get on the freeway he guns it. I slam my pedel and were off, meanwhile my brothers type R is right on our ***'s. As we get on the freeway im next to him and just start walking his ***. All I could see from the stunnas face was a look that seemed to say " damn, I just **** myself" lol. Well as I looked down to see my mph I was amazed to see I was approaching 140 mph. As I looked over the maxima was no where to be found, but as I looked over to my left I see my brothers Type R to the left of me just pacing me. Well the race with me and the maxima was over and killed so I decided to go at it with my brothers type R, I had been wanting to run him since he got his new jdm dc 4-1 header. Well I look down at my gauge again to check my speed, at this point I was hitting 153mph and looked over to see my brothers type R begging to walk my ***. **** his car was fast. I could get my car to get past 153mph, but my brothers type R was still goin.wtf?? well we shut them down and get off the freeway asap. We both had a bad feeling about it. Well as we exited and began to turn off we see 2 hp fly by still on the freeway. Thank God we got off when we did. Well we headed home to let our cars cool down. I had to give him his props, his car was fast. He was kind of surprised to see how well I did. Well I had to ask him how fast he was going cuz I was stopped at 153, his response was " iono, my gauge only says 150 and it was stuck there" damn. Well in all it was a good night and I finally got to run my brothers type R.

CLIFF NOTE:
had a shitty day at the track and couldnt get good times
as I left a stunna in a maxima tried to act hard and wanted to race on the streets
handed that stunna his *** on the street and on the freeway
raced my brothers type R after I finished racing the maxima
got walked on top end wise by my brothers type R
almost got caught by 2 HP
headed home
Old 05-16-2002, 08:22 AM

Default Re: RSX type S vs. 01 maxima vs. Type R (f1nal zeros)

sounds like a great evening...sux about the track though....and FYI...the RSX-S doesn't hit 8400 rpm...the fuel cut off is at 8300 if i'm not mistaken...and i'm very sure im' not. ( i've got an rsx-s also)
Old 05-16-2002, 09:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

for smoking the visor-wearing pansy.
Old 05-16-2002, 10:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 05-16-2002, 12:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: RSX type S vs. 01 maxima vs. Type R (merlyn)

Thanx for the guys. oh and by the way, mine goes to 84oo rpms unless my gauge is off. hmmm maybe, but either way it was still a fun night even though the track sucked. well good luck guys
Old 05-16-2002, 12:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This really belongs in kills...
Old 05-16-2002, 12:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: RSX type S vs. 01 maxima vs. Type R (ThePunk)

how much did you beat the Maxima by? I mean from the rolling start? Is that a 6-speed SE?

Nice kill... and I am surprised the R can keep up with you since it only has 5-speed.

CS
Old 05-16-2002, 03:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: RSX type S vs. 01 maxima vs. Type R (CS)

Well dont let the R fool you, it is pretty fast. My brother can drive, I got to give him that. The jdm header he got really helped out top end wise. He's one of the faster R's here in Az. He's races other R's here in Az and has handed many of them their ***'s. He's quick and a good race. And as for how bad I beat the maxima by from a rolling start was pretty bad. To me it looked like 3 cars maybe 4, not sure I wasnt looking back..lol. but in all it was a good race =]
Old 05-23-2002, 10:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Good kill Belongs in kills, but this damn RSX forum is dead anyways... so at least it's another thread !

You took the maxima like that ? Musta been an auto GXE. You should try an SE, that's the fast model and is stick.
Old 05-23-2002, 10:50 AM
-=-

[Modified by Neutral, 11:51 AM 5/23/2002]
Old 05-23-2002, 10:51 AM
-=-

how long did it take you to get to 153mph?

[Modified by Neutral, 11:59 AM 5/23/2002]
Old 05-23-2002, 10:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: RSX type S vs. 01 maxima vs. Type R (X2BOARD)

I'll have to race the SE. I'm always looking for a good race. I'm getting tired of racing cars I know I can beat. Im not trying to be cocky, but its hard finding a good race in AZ. Well my quest for the perfect race is still going on. I'll keep you guys posted on what I race. good luck.
Old 05-23-2002, 03:53 PM

Try racing some cops, they'll definitely give a nice race. You'll also get to race a helicopter, and as a bonus, you'll have your 5 minutes of fame on T.V.