Notices
Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

NO SPINOUTS= Rotate your Tires PUT BEST TREAD IN BACK! Video PROOF!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 11:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: NO SPINOUTS= Rotate your Tires PUT BEST TREAD IN BACK! Video PROOF! (rico91stang)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rico91stang &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">OMFG!!! What the hell is wrong with you people? The new tires go on the rear PERIOD!!! BRIDGESTONE FIRESTONE MICHELIN YOKOHAMA FALKEN THEY ALL TELL YOU THIS.

I swear you people are idiots for arguing with tire guys about this. </TD></TR></TABLE>

This is true that they tell you to do this, when buying just two tires for the safest driving experience.

However you are setting your self up for faster tread wear, which means buying more tires..
The tire companys likes the idea of you buying more tires faster$$. Just keep up on tire rotations and you'll be fine.
What I want people to avoid is when it comes time to rotate tires, they notice theres a little more tread on the rear, so they keep those tires there. That not only effects your wallet, but the way your car handles.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/...id=43

But still.. If i ever have to buy just 2 tires, (which I will never do), I will put the new ones on the front, so that my car can get back on a descent maintence cycle.

Old 12-18-2007, 12:11 PM
I ask Twitter, not xtrac1

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: NO SPINOUTS= Rotate your Tires PUT BEST TREAD IN BACK! Video PROOF! (Type-Slayer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Type-Slayer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

This is true that they tell you to do this, when buying just two tires for the safest driving experience.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Which is what this is all about.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Type-Slayer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

However you are setting your self up for faster tread wear, which means buying more tires..
The tire companys likes the idea of you buying more tires faster$$.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Injecting this idea poisons the true point of the thread. New tires should go on the back for safety and stability in bad conditions.

But still.. If i ever have to buy just 2 tires, (which I will never do), I will put the new ones on the front, so that my car can get back on a descent maintence cycle.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

You can do whatever you want. Some people buy used tires. I however do not. It is irrelevant to the thread. Put new tires in the rear.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:39 PM

The tapping the brakes in a corner deep is fun. It's almost like having a rwd car.
Old 07-26-2017, 06:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NO SPINOUTS= Rotate your Tires PUT BEST TREAD IN BACK! Video PROOF!

Well Then!!! Wife's '15 Accord Sport Tires, the stock Michelins... Rotating every other oil change, she got 59,000 out of them. So I told her she needed to change them. She forgot, but by 62,000 miles they feathered and started humming. I think she needs an alignment? ...62,000 miles on 1 set of tires!
omg!