Notices
Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

New goodies from Horsepower Freaks!!! Pics inside!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 05:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New goodies from Horsepower Freaks!!! Pics inside!!!

My Progress sway/tie combo arrived today! Putting it in on Friday and then will give a review for all you folks! Also my Corsport shifter bushing kit is sitting at the post office so if I have time that will go in on Friday also!

Enjoy!

(Sorry for the cell phone pictures, camera isn't here)

Parts arrived from FedEx today! Were supposed to get here on Friday! So happy!

Old 12-31-2008, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: New goodies from Horsepower Freaks!!! Pics inside!!!

sweeeeetttttt but you should of specified that it was horsepower for the curves lol
Old 12-31-2008, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That's a nice setup, I have it on my Ep also, along with the front Progress Sway bar. May want to look into some Hotchkis endlinks, I've heard/read that the OEM ones tend to break with the stiffer Progress bar. Luckily I haven't had that problem...yet
Old 01-01-2009, 01:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

No no no... Horsepower Freaks is the name of my supplier. www.horsepowerfreaks.com They are on top of their game (Forbes top 500 fastest growing companies) and have really great prices and are willing to work with you to get you hooked up. Super friendly staff, very knowledgeable, and they work fast. I recommend that if you don't have a dedicated supplier give them a call and try them out.

Sorry I am plugging them so much but I'm really happy with their service and the prices they have given me.

As for the endlinks, I plan on upgrading but don't have the cash right now. But i have heard that too! What kind of a difference did you notice with the front sway bar? I have heard people complain of more understeer with it? True?

I can't wait to get this stuff and my shifter bushings installed. Depending on how much time I have I might do a write up and take pictures and stuff cause I have seen posts where people are needing help!
Old 01-01-2009, 09:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sorry misunderstood... have you installed it yet??? come on we are waiting for a review lol
Old 01-02-2009, 12:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well I was hoping to install tomorrow but we are expecting flood warnings and a ton of rain so I am not sure if I can pull it off. Review will come shortly after.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

What year EP3 do you have? Just a heads up, the 04-05 is designed differently from the 02-03 Progress rear sway bar (bent differently to accomodate the muffler design) so make sure you have the right part number. I had mine all torn apart, only to discover SSUSA sent me the 02-03 part. Grrr!

Bust out a can of rust penetrant, those sway bar end links are a pain in the *** to remove, and you'll need an allen wrench too. Also, I would grease the hell out of the polyurethane bushings they supplied, make sure you use the entire tube of lube.

I bought the CorSport endlinks in advance, so I just hacked off one of the endlinks because it was too rusty to remove.

FYI, the CorSport endlinks suck. I anticipate having to replace them soon and will probably return to OEM endlinks.

Edit: yikes I hope you didn't pay $206 for that from HPF, I got mine for $150 shipped from SSUSA. That website is hard to navigate too, and their prices really are average at best. I'd shop around more in the future dude.

Last edited by turboteg2nv; 01-02-2009 at 07:11 AM. Reason: dee dee dee
Old 01-02-2009, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I've got the one for the 02-03 EP3. As for the price... I got mine for 150 also. I don't pay the price you see listed on the site. But that is the thing with them. You call them up and tell them what you can get it for somewhere else and they will work with you. All the performance parts I sell at my work I get from them so I have an account. Plus they fund every part purchased for me and my friend's cars (one of which was a full d series turbo build) so it works out. Plus they are somewhat local to me and that makes it really nice too. They know me and so I feel like I am supporting people that really give a damn. Thanks for the input though!

I am putting it in today!
Old 01-02-2009, 10:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sweet! Good luck man, let us know how you like it. I think it makes the car handle much more predictably and stable.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I haven't really had any major understeer, I can tell a little bit of difference but nothing that makes it unbearable to drive or anything.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

How much? and do you actually feel the differences in the stiffness after the rear sway bar installed on the DC5?

Dont forget to give us a review to.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So I screwed up my factory endlinks and have to order new ones. I am ordering the Corsport Endlinks. They are only 60 bucks shipped and I didn't plan for this so I can't afford anything more expensive. I have to drive my car around until next Thursday without a sway bar and then I am going to the shop and installing it all. Should be breeze on Thursday so I will start a new thread with pics and tips, etc then. Trust me. I have LOTS of tips. Haha.
Old 01-03-2009, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by square_1
So I screwed up my factory endlinks and have to order new ones. I am ordering the Corsport Endlinks. They are only 60 bucks shipped and I didn't plan for this so I can't afford anything more expensive. I have to drive my car around until next Thursday without a sway bar and then I am going to the shop and installing it all. Should be breeze on Thursday so I will start a new thread with pics and tips, etc then. Trust me. I have LOTS of tips. Haha.
Just a heads up, (might have to search it), but if I recall correctly I think maybe WhiteonRice or somebody said that the Corsport Endlinks were not very good a broke very easy. Like I said, I can't remember exactly, but I think I do recall reading it somewhere here on HT in the RSX/EP3 forum.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah... The thing is that now I have no other option. I can't afford anything better. If they last me a couple of months til I can buy a new set then I will be golden. According to Corsport they redesigned them and they are stronger now. They are now called Endlinks version 2. So maybe they fixed they problem. Either way if something happens and one breaks in a short amount of time Corsport will be hearing from me. They shouldn't be selling a product that doesn't work.

THanks for the heads up though!
Old 01-04-2009, 08:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

looking forward to the how to/review!
Old 01-05-2009, 04:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by square_1
So I screwed up my factory endlinks and have to order new ones.
LOL sorry man I saw this coming. Boo ya!
Old 01-07-2009, 07:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah. I thought I might be able to skimp buy with the stock ones. My mistake.

Are your CORsport endlinks the first gen? Hopefully I won't have any issues with this. And hopefully they will get here before Friday so I can put the sway bar on! It has been windy here lately and without a sway bar it feels really weird! Ha ha.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have the v2 endlinks, they're hard to adjust properly and the rubber protective boots dryrotted and fell off within a month of use. I'm sure they're rusted to hell by now, just haven't stuck my head under there to look.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well I guess I will figure it out. Maybe where you live it is a problem but here there isn't really a rust issue so maybe I will be ok.

How are you supposed to adjust them?
Old 01-09-2009, 05:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Dude if you're driving in snow/salt like your avatar indicates, rust will definitely be a problem for you. My car is even newer than yours and I'm having rust issues.

And you'll see what I mean about adjusting it when you get them, it's 2 pieces and you need to adjust their length to fit between the LCA and sway bar.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I drive in the snow but it is illegal to salt the roads in Oregon... It plowed or gravel.