Notices
Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

New

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 10:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by risktypeS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yes power is power but a N/A car will have Half the HP then that of a fully built turob'd vehicle to run the same times. </TD></TR></TABLE>
My first post is valid according to your post I quoted. Maybe you should double check your posts before submitting to make sure you don't contradict yourself.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (WhiteOnRice)

Maybe you should read the whole thread before posting something stupid and then make yourself look stupid.

It gets old when you keep typing FULLY BUILT in front of N/A and Turbo. I beleive i specifically stated this in my VERY FIRST POST which i see you neglected to read. So with that being said, you have no clue of what we were talking about and automaticlly ASSUMED i was referring to "mildly built" aka bolt ons N/A to a turbo'd vehicle. So again...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by risktypeS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I wish there was a slap icon so i could just slap you.

Reading &gt; you
100% fail.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Jumping in the koolaid and have no clue of what the flavor is.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New owner (risktypeS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by risktypeS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yes power is power but a N/A car will have Half the HP then that of a fully built turob'd vehicle to run the same times. Why wouldn't a fully built Turbo'd vehicle weight close to nothing also if it's been put it into a lighter vehicle? There is still no difference.

No according to your "missunderstanding" your car isn't really making 650 whp. I did not say that. "Also it takes half the horsepower for a N/A to run the same times as a boosted car." Yes if they are the same weight but one is built N/A and one is built turbo'd the fully built turbo'd vehicle will have more power to run the same time as a N/A vehicle. What do you think people who drag race, not for fun, but for a living they will have a stock vehicle? seriously, they are going to have a lighter vehicle or put it into something that is lighter then that of what it came in. How many 600 whp N/A vehicles run the same time as a 600whp turbo'd vehicle in the same vehicle? Prolly none because the 600hp N/A will out run the turbo'd vehicle.

On the compression i was talking about. Try to run 200hp on a low compression vs a 200hp high compression vehicle and see who wins. I guarantee you the higher compression will kick the lower compressions *** all day every day, every day all day.

If you still not understanding what i'm saying call up any well known import shop and ask them "How much HP would a fully built N/A vehicle have compared to a fully built turbo'd vehicle to run the same times?"

Before you say "Well if N/A outpowers a turbo'd vehicle then why don't the pro's do it" it's because it's very expensive. Turbo is a cheaper way to go and even the pros have a budget. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I would have to completely disagree. I dont see any 600whp FWD NA 4 bangers anywhere. If you are referring to v8s then we are talking about completely different platforms.

Also on the compression part I disagree. So you are saying that a 200whp type-s will destroy a 200whp base rsx. I would agree but it would be because of the powerband/rev limiter, torque curve and gearing not the hp.

There is a big difference with the weight. In my heavy *** car tops I will see is a 135 mph trap. Where if I were to put it in a lighter car or somehow miraculously shave off 1000 lbs i would run 155mph trap. So yes weight has ALOT to do with it.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The fact that your little theory only works for "fully built" cars proves it would not be linear and you have just found one point that 2x boosted = x NA. With that being said, you cannot say you need 2x boosted HP to be as fast as NA.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: New owner (risktypeS)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by risktypeS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I'm saying it may run the same time, around the same time or faster on less HP then that of a turbo'd. So in a sense Yes.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Please find me a stock weight Fully built NA rsx that can trap 135mph. I dont care if its a bored and stroked 2.7L but find one and I will shut up and tell you you are right.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (risktypeS)

I wish there was a slap icon so i could just slap you.

Reading &gt; you
100% fail.</TD></TR></TABLE>

its called the haha

but show me a N/A rsx thats's the in 11's , i mean the fastest rsx ive seen all motor was like RSXslow he ran mid 12's. i new a rsx with any decent turbo and like 15+psi should be able to break into the eleven's id think
Old 02-19-2008, 11:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sorry it's not a "theory" i only speak facts and truth. I have yet once on H-T ever said anything about theories i've had or anything relatively close. Everything i have ever posted has been facts. Like i told blueshark call up any well known import shop and ask "How much HP would a fully built N/A have to have in order to run equivalant times to a fully built turbo'd vehicle" I gaurantee you if the shop knows what they are talking about a N/A same car same vehicle 4 cylinder fully built both of them the N/A will destroy the turbo'd vehicle.

It takes roughly lets say for this example same vehicle same driver both being fully built: ~800 for a fully built turbo'd vehicle to run 9's. Now lets look at a fully built N/A it will take ~400hp to run 9's. Now lets put this in the same realm of HP. A fully built N/A 300hp (same car same driver) Vs. a Fully built 300hp turbo'd vehicle(same car same driver) the 300hp N/A will DESTROY all day every day that turbo'd vehicle. This is not theory it's only FACTS.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SkankyEJ7)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SkankyEJ7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

its called the haha

but show me a N/A rsx thats's the in 11's , i mean the fastest rsx ive seen all motor was like RSXslow he ran mid 12's. i new a rsx with any decent turbo and like 15+psi should be able to break into the eleven's id think</TD></TR></TABLE>
I'm not talking joe shcmoe's **** let alone 650whp on a turbo'd rsx, let me guess blushark you run high 11's if your'e a good driver, 12's mid 12's? I know how heavy the rsx is so i know your barely cutting into the 11's if you know how to drive.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SkankyEJ7)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SkankyEJ7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">its called the haha

but show me a N/A rsx thats's the in 11's , i mean the fastest rsx ive seen all motor was like RSXslow he ran mid 12's. i new a rsx with any decent turbo and like 15+psi should be able to break into the eleven's id think</TD></TR></TABLE>
First you agree that I'm wrong, then you agree that risk is wrong.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by risktypeS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sorry it's not a "theory" i only speak facts and truth. I have yet once on H-T ever said anything about theories i've had or anything relatively close. Everything i have ever posted has been facts. Like i told blueshark call up any well known import shop and ask "How much HP would a fully built N/A have to have in order to run equivalant times to a fully built turbo'd vehicle" I gaurantee you if the shop knows what they are talking about a N/A same car same vehicle 4 cylinder fully built both of them the N/A will destroy the turbo'd vehicle.

It takes roughly lets say for this example same vehicle same driver both being fully built: ~800 for a fully built turbo'd vehicle to run 9's. Now lets look at a fully built N/A it will take ~400hp to run 9's. Now lets put this in the same realm of HP. A fully built N/A 300hp (same car same driver) Vs. a Fully built 300hp turbo'd vehicle(same car same driver) the 300hp N/A will DESTROY all day every day that turbo'd vehicle. This is not theory it's only FACTS.</TD></TR></TABLE>
I agree with everything here but I thought you meant 2x boosted HP was needed across the spectra (which is excusable because of that sentence I quoted earlier). No, I didn't read every post but still, that's what you said.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm not talking joe shcmoe's **** let alone 650whp on a turbo'd rsx, let me guess blushark you run high 11's if your'e a good driver, 12's mid 12's?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have yet to run my car on race gas. It should run a mid-high 10 ~135mph with the weight it is now.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by risktypeS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sorry it's not a "theory" i only speak facts and truth. I have yet once on H-T ever said anything about theories i've had or anything relatively close. Everything i have ever posted has been facts. Like i told blueshark call up any well known import shop and ask "How much HP would a fully built N/A have to have in order to run equivalant times to a fully built turbo'd vehicle" I gaurantee you if the shop knows what they are talking about a N/A same car same vehicle 4 cylinder fully built both of them the N/A will destroy the turbo'd vehicle.

It takes roughly lets say for this example same vehicle same driver both being fully built: ~800 for a fully built turbo'd vehicle to run 9's. Now lets look at a fully built N/A it will take ~400hp to run 9's. Now lets put this in the same realm of HP. A fully built N/A 300hp (same car same driver) Vs. a Fully built 300hp turbo'd vehicle(same car same driver) the 300hp N/A will DESTROY all day every day that turbo'd vehicle. This is not theory it's only FACTS.</TD></TR></TABLE>

As I can see I will not win, but before I give up can you please provide me a timeslip of those two cars and weight.

Fully built ~300whp rsxs are running 12s so are ~300whp turbo rsxs.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (blueshark123)

And what does it weight? If you're running anything close to 2800 you're not even going to dip into the 10's on 650whp with race gas.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Also if I call any shop that knows what they are doing will laugh at me if I tell them I wanna run a mid 10 sec ~135mph trap NA in my stock weight rsx. OMG I can only imagine.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

They wouldn't laugh.. they would ask you how deep are your pockets. These rsx's are not light so running 10's Fully built N/A or Turbo'd on close to stock weight is more not likely to happen unless you have deep deep pockets then again the weight plays a huge factor in it.

i bet if you are a good driver with 654whp you may touch 11's May.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by risktypeS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">And what does it weight? If you're running anything close to 2800 you're not even going to dip into the 10's on 650whp with race gas. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Weighs more than 2800. Ive only had 4 passes down the track I just finished her this Summer. Best I could muster was a 12.6 @ 123 at 460whp and that was with a shitty 2.3 60 foot. 10s are definitely doable with race gas....
Old 02-19-2008, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by WhiteOnRice &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
First you agree that I'm wrong, then you agree that risk is wrong.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

i was showing you there is a emoticon for hitting people not agreeing with you
Old 02-19-2008, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i bet if you are a good driver with 654whp you may touch 11's May.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wow
Old 02-19-2008, 11:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blueshark123 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

As I can see I will not win, but before I give up can you please provide me a timeslip of those two cars and weight.

Fully built ~300whp rsxs are running 12s so are ~300whp turbo rsxs. </TD></TR></TABLE> It's fact. I don't need to prove time slips call up a well known shop and just ask "Same car same driver but one is a fully built N/A and the other is fully built turbo'd, How much HP will the fully built turbo'd vehicle have to have in order to run equivalant times" I gaurantee you they will say the N/A will run on less the HP of a turbo'd vehicle to run equivalant times. I'm not talking just an rsx i'm talking a fully built same car same vehicle lets say an EG hatch one being fully built N/A and one being a fully built turbo'd. Fully built N/A will have less the HP then that of a fully built turbo'd.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The car is heavy don't get your hopes up.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by risktypeS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> It's fact. I don't need to prove time slips call up a well known shop and just ask "Same car same driver but one is a fully built N/A and the other is fully built turbo'd, How much HP will the fully built turbo'd vehicle have to have in order to run equivalant times" I gaurantee you they will say the N/A will run on less the HP of a turbo'd vehicle to run equivalant times. I'm not talking just an rsx i'm talking a fully built same car same vehicle lets say an EG hatch one being fully built N/A and one being a fully built turbo'd. Fully built N/A will have less the HP then that of a fully built turbo'd.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I will be less but not 50% man. Where did you read this?
Old 02-19-2008, 11:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by risktypeS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The car is heavy don't get your hopes up.</TD></TR></TABLE>

With a 1.8 60 foot a mid 11 is doable on pump gas. What makes you think I wouldnt be able to shave off ~.5 seconds with an extra ~200 more hp.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

.5 may seems like a little but when you get into the lower times it is a lot. If you want to run 10's you better pull some weight out that fat bastard.

it's ~50%
but seems relatively close to 50% but non the less an N/A (fully built) will have dramaticlly less the HP then that of a turbo'd (fully built) to run in the lower times 8-11's in the 1/4.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blueshark123 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I will be less but not 50% man. Where did you read this?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I didn't read it i found out by being around a known import shop and a roommate who is a big drag head who used to work for that import shop.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by risktypeS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">.5 may seems like a little but when you get into the lower times it is a lot. If you want to run 10's you better pull some weight out that fat bastard.

it's ~50%
but seems relatively close to 50% but non the less an N/A (fully built) will have dramaticlly less the HP then that of a turbo'd (fully built) to run in the lower times 8-11's in the 1/4.

I didn't read it i found out by being around a known import shop and a roommate who is a big drag head who used to work for that import shop.</TD></TR></TABLE>

And 200 hp isnt a small number lol.

I guess we agree to disagree.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

And 200 hp isnt a small number lol.

I guess we agree to disagree.</TD></TR></TABLE> 200hp is a small number when that is all your car has.. and it really don't have 200hp. lol i guess we at least agree on something.. to disagree.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by risktypeS &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> 200hp is a small number when that is all your car has.. and it really don't have 200hp. lol i guess we at least agree on something.. to disagree. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I was referring to the difference in pump vs race gas

Quick Reply: New