Notices
Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

My brothers new RSX

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2001, 08:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My brothers new RSX

Here is my bro's RSX. Phat-*** color, blue falake in the black, similiar to my FBP civic with the bronze in it----cant tell in these photos though.

This is the day he got it, he recently brought it back to the dealership to have the fog-lights and factory body kit, which is very nice and subtle, installed.

Here is our cars together.

I cant wait til he starts to do upgrades to it. I did drive it. I was impressed overall, nice kinda transparent power curve. Great brakes and very, very supportive seats. Just feels weird going from driving my car with stiff *** suspension and stiff clutch to a factory feel. I told him to get a clutch and some springs and it will be a lot more fun to drive.
Old 07-24-2001, 09:03 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: My brothers new RSX (93LSivic)

nice car but not a fan of the plastic sunroof thingy. The sun roof is small enough. Plus I like the car with the rsx type r spoiler
Old 07-24-2001, 10:06 AM
New User

Default Re: My brothers new RSX (NewYorkTypeR)

Looks good!! I photochopped the RSX for your bro so he can take a peek at it lowered. I must say it looks really nice now......i think its starting to grow in me.

Old 07-24-2001, 08:08 PM
Trial User

Default Re: My brothers new RSX (GSRedline)

GSRedline's photo chop pic is the first time i've seen the RSX actually resemble an integra.....looks really nice
Old 07-24-2001, 09:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My brothers new RSX (GTEater)

put some gunmetal itr rims on it and it'll look great
I have a chop of a NBP RSX w/ 2 inch drop & gunmetal itr rims and it look awesome
Old 07-24-2001, 09:58 PM
New User

Location: Witty Comment....., Stunning Response...., Follow Up Gag.....
Default Re: My brothers new RSX (Hybrid ctr)

they need to put lower springs and they need to make it more like the ITR before I can really respect them
Old 07-25-2001, 06:39 PM

Default Re: My brothers new RSX (BOO YEAH)

Looks great... minus the wing on the back, I think they look a lot better bare-assed.
Old 07-26-2001, 09:30 AM
BMW Güdentyte

Default Re: My brothers new RSX (Big Ed)

I knew it would grow on me. I like the new RSX now.
Old 07-26-2001, 02:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Looks good!
Old 07-26-2001, 04:03 PM
New User

how much did your brother or parents pay for that? after tax licensing, everything, how much?
Old 07-27-2001, 09:59 AM
ib1
Trial User

Default Re: My brothers new RSX (Chois i-VTEC)

I'd lose the moon roof visor before the rubber trim sitting against the roof top makes a permanent mark - and it will over time. Rubber and paint micro-vibrating together on the highway don't mix. Acura also didn't improve anything about the moon roof other than the illuminated dash switch. I thought for sure after seeing what Toyota did with the Celica moon roof (which has twice the see through glass of the Integra and RSX) they'd have done something similar. There's lot of wasted glass up there.

The RSX Type-R wing is a waste of plastic. Worst thing I've ever seen, talk about taking the Subaru 2.5 RS wing and making it 100% larger. Too square, too fat and too damn big for the rear of this car. I can't imagine what Acura will say the benefit of this wing is for the R aerodynamics... I hope it's an option on the Type-R RSX if and when it arrives in NA, 'cause I'd opt out of that one, not that I could afford the R anyway.
Old 07-27-2001, 10:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Looks good, I am going to look at some this weekend, just to look.

Really nice hatch!!!
Old 07-27-2001, 01:44 PM
New User

Default Re: My brothers new RSX (01 ITR 01-0492)

What is it with honda not making the front of any of their small cars the correct size, does it really look good to reduce it by a foot and a half and make it look like a goddamn cavalier or something?
Old 07-27-2001, 07:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My brothers new RSX (92Si)

Ignore the haters..
Man that car looks pretty PHAT..
Handles great too...
(kinda neonish in form though)
Old 07-27-2001, 11:37 PM
New User

Default Re: My brothers new RSX (erottik-R)

Me and my girl stood next the the RSX Type-S the other day and damn it's impressive, I couldn't believe I was standing next to one. I mean I saw it in almost all the car magazines but to actuallt see and touch it in real life is pretty amazing. Nobody was around that weekend so I just stood there and checked out every nook and cranny of the RSX Type-S, I'd thought I'd be able to find an RSX sitting outside, but a Type-S?!? The white paint on it looks pretty nice too.
Old 07-27-2001, 11:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My brothers new RSX (92Si)

What is it with honda not making the front of any of their small cars the correct size, does it really look good to reduce it by a foot and a half and make it look like a goddamn cavalier or something?
Old 07-28-2001, 07:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My brothers new RSX (iNteGraz92)

i think this car hooked up will look nice! imagine the alt-cheezas that will come out for it!
Old 07-30-2001, 01:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: My brothers new RSX (IntegraPoweR)

looks good. For some reason the side shot reminds me of 92-95 Civic Coupe (except for the headlights). One odd thing that I noticed about RSX... well the people looking at the car at dealerships... MOST are over 30 y.o. Seemed kinda weird.
Old 07-30-2001, 05:12 PM
New User

Default Re: My brothers new RSX (Dark_Clouds)

Me and my girl stood next the the RSX Type-S the other day and damn it's impressive, I couldn't believe I was standing next to one. I mean I saw it in almost all the car magazines but to actuallt see and touch it in real life is pretty amazing. Nobody was around that weekend so I just stood there and checked out every nook and cranny of the RSX Type-S, I'd thought I'd be able to find an RSX sitting outside, but a Type-S?!? The white paint on it looks pretty nice too.
I love the local Acura dealer. Twice they've let me just take out a car, no questions asked other than a driver's license photocopy, no-one riding with me, so I can check out what I want. 1st time was the `01 GS-R. Last time was the RSX-S. (I think our local dealer's philosophy is "If they get a chance to drive it, they'll just want it without us having to do the hard sell. I think they're right. <grin&gt.
The Type-S is fast, and handles great. You just can tell like you can with a GSR because it's so much quieter, and the suspension, though stiffer, for some reason doesn't transmit road-shock to the car's occupants. They're really nice cars, it just takes being up close to one and driving it to appreciate it.
Unlike a lot of people, I like the spoiler. But I do agree, the moon-roof wind fairing detracts from the appearance of the car and removing it would make his ride look nicer.
Old 08-02-2001, 03:29 PM
New User

how is the new rsx compared to the integra, if you have ever been in an old one?

is it still just as noisey and jittery as an integra?
are there still gobbs and gobbs of wind noise while driving, which is made worse when it is a really windy day?
how is the sound system?
is the seating position still too high for a sporty coupe, hatchback in the rsx's case?
can it keep up with other cars on the highway without mashing the gas pedal all the way to the floor?
Old 08-02-2001, 06:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My boss has one in silver. Sweet car. I'm trying to convince him to get atleaset the front lip. He's getting the foglights at one point. The only thing I still don't like about the car is the damn front grill. Someone needs to make a grill like the 6th gen Si.
Old 08-03-2001, 09:03 AM
New User

Default Re: My brothers new RSX (jayson roman)

My sister brought her RSX home last night, I took that for a test drive and I was both impressed and disappointed at the same time.
They did make several improvements in cutting down external noise, the cabin is a lot more quite (but compared to my R, what isn't?), also closing the door sounds a lot nicer, not so tinny. Wind noise has been cut down, not a whole lot, but a big improvement from her previous 1.6EL.
The one thing I didn't like was the handling, it seems too sluggish and is nowhere near as responsive as my car. The clutch feels too much like a civic, not very appropriate for a 200hp car.... We definitely need to see the RSX-R here in north america though