Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

Major Electrical problem...help EP Owner!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 10:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Major Electrical problem...help EP Owner!

Okay, it all started about a month ago when i had my DVD player and Screen installed. The install went great and i was had it all done for our show. So a week after that i am driving to SummerFest in Milwaukee. I am half way there when my ABS light comes on. Then the SRS, followed by the Brake light. My Powersteering turned off, then all my lights started to dim. So i pulled to the side and shut the car off. Its dead. So we push it and get it jump started. Drive about 10 minutes. Same thing happens. So we pull over and disconnect everything electrical in my car. We open the hood and realize the guy wired the powerwire from the DVD player to my FUSEBOX. Its connected to one the the 2 screws in the front of the box. So we cut that possibly thinking that is the problem. Get the car jumped and its fine for 2 weeks. Now i go to court and the samething happens. We took the alternator out and its perfect. Like New. We had all the solenoids checked and all. its PERFECT. The battery will just not keep a charge. I cant even drive my car now cuz it will not even drive for 5 minutes w/ otu something screwing up. I think its something to do with the fusebox. Let me know what u think. thanx...chris.

Old 07-21-2003, 06:13 PM

Default Re: Major Electrical problem...help EP Owner! (Chrisbgft)

I am by far no electrical expert, but it sounds like a grounding problem to me if this all happened after the addition of your DVD player.
Old 07-21-2003, 08:26 PM

Default Re: Major Electrical problem...help EP Owner! (Chrisbgft)

Thats very true, Im am also not an electrical expert but if I had my guese... A loose ground can realy lead to some major problems! "Thats my openion"
Old 07-23-2003, 06:40 AM
New User

Default Re: Major Electrical problem...help EP Owner! (CivicSI03)

I had the same problem because I installed the power to a fuse that was always running so it was always extracting juice out of the battery and I would end up having to get jumped because sometimes my battery wouldnt start.
Old 07-24-2003, 07:18 AM

You're problem will be a loose wire or exposed wire touching the chassis somewhere. Check the installer's wiring, since it didn't happen for two weeks some thing must be rubbing and exposing a wire.
Basic auto electronics:

Car's do not use the battery while they are running, the battery is only there to provide the huge draw of amps required to turn the starter motor. The car is SUPPOSED to use the alternator to keep them running and power all yer widget's . Your's is not, the juice is coming out of the alt(hence it testing perfect) but it is immediately running to groung, therefore your car is forced to use the battery to run all the widget's. And it is not happy doing so, when you find the prob, it would be a good idea to replace the batt, constant cycling is not good for it.
I only speak like I know this **** cause something similar happened to me, but that is another story all together!