Notices
Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

IPS k2 cams in motion.

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 08:35 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: IPS k2 cams in motion. (chunky)

http://www.intrinsicperformance.com/default.html

Old 01-06-2005, 09:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: IPS k2 cams in motion. (Nikos)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nikos &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">http://www.intrinsicperformance.com/default.html

</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanks for the link Nikos (I should say thanks once again Nikos )
Old 01-07-2005, 06:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: IPS k2 cams in motion. (adirondackR)

Preorders are now being accepted for the first batch. These are limited quantity, so hurry up while the introductory lasts.
Old 01-07-2005, 01:57 PM

these cams are so nuts...as soon as everyone says theres no problems with it...and they start dynoing it and running it at the track...imma sell my n2s for these
Old 01-07-2005, 02:50 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chunky &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Intrinsic Performance Soutions has finally released their k2 camshafts for the rsx type-s.

BigDawg & JTSmith installed them into their cars this weekend. Install went smoothly once we remembered that the timing chain auto-tensioner has an access plate. JTSmith also upgraded his valvesprings, which went suprisingly smoothly with 2 people, air compressor, and dinky valve spring tool he bought for 100$.

Once the cams were installed, of course we had to see how they stacked up against a known combo. . .

Anyhow, mods to the best of my knowledge are as follows:

JTSmith:

aem cold air intake
comptech race header
comptech exhaust
IPS k2 cams

Swwifty:

comptech icebox
type-r header + spoon downpipe
fujitsubo power getter exhaust
type-r cams
type-r intake manifold

rear seats removed

Both have k-pro, some sort of suspension work, stock wheel/tire size, some type of engine dampner/mount. So aside from the cams & intake manifold, they're pretty well matched. I rode in swwifty's (black) car first, then JTSmith's (white).

video was shot in 16:9, aspect ratio will be skewed unless you use a player that will do 16:9 such as the divx player. enjoy.

RIGHT CLICK SAVE AS PLEASE!!!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not hating or anything but Is it just me or were they pretty much even on the 2nd race with the IPS equipped RSX barely nudging the other one out. A 190lb passenger doesnt make THAT much of a difference, It just looked like that foo in the black RSX drove a little better.

If you look at that mod list, the IPS equipped one had a real CAI intake, and a Raceheader(two of the biggest power adders for the RSX). The black RSX had a Comptech Icebox, which gains **** for power, and basically a stock exhaust manifold, If he had swapped out the Comptech Icebox say for an Injen CAI and that Type R manifold for a DC Raceheader i'm pretty sure the IPS equipped one would have gotten owned they way it was barely pulling with the Massive mod advantage. I'm sorry but for 2000 dollars I'd expect much more.

Edit: Oh and those two drivers were the slowest granny shifters i've ever seen.
Old 01-07-2005, 03:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: IPS k2 cams in motion. (Revolution2zz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Revolution2zz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Not hating or anything but Is it just me or were they pretty much even on the 2nd race with the IPS equipped RSX barely nudging the other one out. A 190lb passenger doesnt make THAT much of a difference, It just looked like that foo in the black RSX drove a little better.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

It wasn't just 190lb difference. It was 190lb passenger plus the fact that there was already a 125lb difference between the cars/drivers. So in the first race I had about a 75lb advantage and in the second I had over a 300lb disadvantage.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Revolution2zz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

If you look at that mod list, the IPS equipped one had a real CAI intake, and a Raceheader(two of the biggest power adders for the RSX). The black RSX had a Comptech Icebox, which gains **** for power, and basically a stock exhaust manifold, If he had swapped out the Comptech Icebox say for an Injen CAI and that Type R manifold for a DC Raceheader i'm pretty sure the IPS equipped one would have gotten owned they way it was barely pulling with the Massive mod advantage. I'm sorry but for 2000 dollars I'd expect much more.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

:sigh: Well I have dyno'd my car with both the IceBox and the AEM and they made the same power up top. The aem made a little more from 4300-5500rpm, but nothing dramatic.

The race header assumption is wrong. Dave(the guy I raced) has dynod his car on the same dyno as DC5Dawg(who has pretty much the same setup as Dave, except he has an AEM CAI and Toda RH) and they both made within 2 peak hp of each other. Granted, the Toda made more midrange, but this wasn't a midrange race.

I'm sorry but for 2000 dollars I'd expect much more.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

What cost $2000?

Old 01-07-2005, 06:58 PM

Default Re: IPS k2 cams in motion. (lube)

A few more things on this race. Dave (the black RSX) and I have dynoed on three seperate dynojets and the disparity has been less than 4.5 hp on all three occasions. Dave also has the PRC (ITR) manifold, which if you had graphs from IPS, you would see made an additional 10 hp over the PRB (Type S). There was also a near 350 lb. weight difference as well (I can total it if you like). JTSmith also had not spent much time on the valve lash, which later was found to be off considerably.

...and I hate to break it to you boss, but with torque numbers as low as Honda makes, 190-350 lbs. can make all the difference in the world. Go race a buddy with that much less weight and 15 or so less horsepower and then come bitching about the results.

The proof is there. The IPS cams make incredible gains over stock and ITR cams.
Old 01-08-2005, 04:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: IPS k2 cams in motion. (DC5Dawg)

Hey Lube and DC5Dawg why are you guys defending these cams. I mean you guys have them you know they make power. If someome here was to ? there power let them. That way they can be the only one's without it. Because the fact that you can add these cams using the stock valve train is enough to sell a bunch of these. Plus you get K-Pro with it. The toda package is 2300 dollars for Cams, valvetrain and ecu. Then you have to get it installed, which will be another 500 or so. And i drove a rsx with the N2 Kit from Toda and i wasn't even impressed at all.
Old 01-08-2005, 06:46 AM

Default Re: IPS k2 cams in motion. (Kaiba Corp. W)

Why are we defending them? Because there have been four sets distrubuted. I havve one, lube has one, the owner of Hondawerx has one and another guy from PA has one. There are plenty of people asking the questions as you are and the only proof that we have until this afternoon is the firsthand experience that the few of us have. Ron, the owner of IPS, is a good guy who has put a lot into designing and manufacturing these cams, too much for someone who does not have indepth knowledge of the subject to claim that they are less than impressed.

By the way, these cams made 18 more horsepower on Shawn Church's dtnapack than the Toda's did.
Old 01-08-2005, 05:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DC5Dawg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

By the way, these cams made 18 more horsepower on Shawn Church's dtnapack than the Toda's did.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Good stuff. can't wait to see your dyno results guys.
Old 01-09-2005, 06:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DC5Dawg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why are we defending them? Because there have been four sets distrubuted. I havve one, lube has one, the owner of Hondawerx has one and another guy from PA has one. There are plenty of people asking the questions as you are and the only proof that we have until this afternoon is the firsthand experience that the few of us have. Ron, the owner of IPS, is a good guy who has put a lot into designing and manufacturing these cams, too much for someone who does not have indepth knowledge of the subject to claim that they are less than impressed.

By the way, these cams made 18 more horsepower on Shawn Church's dtnapack than the Toda's did.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hey DC5Dawg i think you misunderstood my post. From your response it looks like your thinking i said that im less impressed with IPS cams. Please reread my post. Because i remember saying that i wasn't impressed with TODA.
Old 01-09-2005, 07:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: IPS k2 cams in motion. (Revolution2zz)

Edit: Oh and those two drivers were the slowest granny shifters i've ever seen. </TD></TR></TABLE>

as dc5dawg said, 190lb makes a HUGE difference with low torque figures. if you don't think so then do a few pulls at the track with a 190lb passenger and see how it affects your 1/4's.

The type-r header with spoon downpipe eliminates the cat and is essentially a 2pc long tube header. It's far from stock.

The two cars have run at the track before - the black car would be pulling at the end of the 1/4 but the white car was faster due to far superior launches. from a roll the black car was faster before the cams.