Notices
Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

Installed OEM Foglight assembly on my 03 DC5!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 11:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed OEM Foglight assembly on my 03 DC5! (56k no way!)

So here's a little backround of the post

So my car had come out of a body shop after a little mis-hap and i reported the car stolen...some exterior body work and my sunroof had to get fixed..suspension stuff too..when i got the car back it was barely cleaned..there was still dead leaves and dirt in certain spots..basically they covered everything in armor-all and everything was greasy..long story short...i complained and came up with the idea to get something out of their poor job quality..i claimed i had factory foglights on the car before the accident happened and they weren't there anymore..the guy agreed to buy the foglights and have them installed..so i bring my car in and later that day i get a call from him saying his technicians didnt find any previous settings of foglights being there and refused to put them in..so he said since i have them already i can just give them to you and you can handle them..

so i said hey perfect..free foglights haha..so here's a little post about an install of the OEM Foglight Kit on my 2003 DC5 with me and my 2 cousins..

also a sort of do-it-yourself if you will..for anyone who may need help if they plan on doing it also.. ..enjoy!

printed this from CLUBRSX.com

my cousin Rian posing for Honda-Tech hahaha

With the foglight hole cut out to insert the foglight cover

Woooh you like that

Started routing the wires through the engine bay and subframe

We didnt totally follow the printed guide..it wanted me to screw the ground wire to something else near the wheel but we found it useful and easy to get to right here by the steering fluid resevoir

Used JDM Yellow Luminics from RacingLab here in Union City..i might change them later down the road..they're pretty good though for 30 dollars.

Turning my foglights "hellllllllllllllllllllllllaaaajaydeeeEMMMM" haha

Cousin Allen..he was the main guy in the wiring aspect of the install haha shotout

yummyyyyyy

So i didn't take pictures as he was pulling apart the interior consoles but there's a shot of my shift **** haha

Multi-tasking

Inside shot of where the coin-holder is..Was installing the fog light switch

That's a finger in there showing the hole the button goes to

The fuse box.

The stock blue tape wasn't big enough so we improvised with some black electrical tape

So the big grey one goes...

Here....

The little grey one goes..

Here...don't know if that's specific enough..but uh..haha sorry..all i saw was that you had to unconnect the two stock grey harnesses..and use the 2 grey harnesses from the fog light assembly and connect em to the stock ones..

Yee!

Yellow..

No Yellow..i know..HID's are coming soon hopefully

So everything was done and i had noticed the foglights kind of wiggled in place..they weren't so sturdy..and we were cleaning up and noticed something in a bag..we forgot one of the harnesses for the foglight which in turn corrected the wiggling i saw when touching em..

Back At Home...called it a day..

Thanx for looking..open to criticisms and compliments..let me know!

Modified by JDMTheory_Autosport_DC5 at 12:26 AM 5/13/2007

Modified by JDMTheory_Autosport_DC5 at 12:29 AM 5/13/2007
Old 05-12-2007, 11:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nice DIY
Old 05-13-2007, 06:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (NTCustoms)

lol i forgot to use those extra plates in the bag.
i couldn't find where to put them but i didnt notice mine wobbling so i left it.
how were ur fogs wobbling? the lense wobbling w/in the fog housing or the whole fog housing wobbling around the bumper?

i gotta change my driver side bulb one of these days so ill try to put those pieces in as well.
Old 05-13-2007, 08:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

its still a little wobbly, the whole assembly. but i'm gonna make my own brackets that attach to the bumper by screws so no more wobbling
Old 05-13-2007, 09:53 AM

Default Re: (NTCustoms)

haha you both had the same problem..you attach the little metal brackets to the side of the foglight(its one of the screws that are already there that is connecting the actual light to the black metal frame)..you use that same screw to connect the 2 silver frames to the light as well..because when mine didn't have it..the whole foglight assembly would wiggle on its hole...the foglight plus the plastic cover..

that probably didn't help but ill take some pics of it later and post again..cuz yeah i was ABOUT to decided on screwing it in place..or double sided tape or something haha but then we found the 2 brackets we forgot to put in.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Installed OEM Foglight assembly on my 03 DC5! (JDMTheory_Autosport_DC5)

nicee i want fog light too but i dont want to cut my front to put on fog light :S
Old 05-13-2007, 10:48 AM

Default Re: Installed OEM Foglight assembly on my 03 DC5! (DC5.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DC5. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">nicee i want fog light too but i dont want to cut my front to put on fog light :S</TD></TR></TABLE>

x2
Old 05-13-2007, 11:01 AM

Default Re: Installed OEM Foglight assembly on my 03 DC5! (93eg2james)

haha yeah i understand the pain that comes with putting your car under the knife...but it really doesnt look bad when it's all done..its just the initial slice that hurts
Old 05-13-2007, 11:03 AM

Default Re: Installed OEM Foglight assembly on my 03 DC5! (JDMTheory_Autosport_DC5)

we'll see. I'm serously thinking about it. I live those fogs.
Old 05-13-2007, 01:42 PM

anyone know how i can get my h-t account to change from noob status haha
Old 05-13-2007, 03:02 PM

you mean the avatar?
Old 05-13-2007, 04:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you noobs, you only have to cut on 02-04 bumpers.

the 05-06s, the foglight housing simply replaces your pre-existing grill. a mUCH easier install.
Old 05-13-2007, 04:43 PM

Default Re: Installed OEM Foglight assembly on my 03 DC5! (blackdc5)

ohp..well thanx haha..i wouldnt know mines 02-04..but for the newer model guys..there you go..

and yeah the avatar..how do i upgrade my account so i can post in the other forums and change avatar..etc.
Old 05-13-2007, 05:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blackdc5 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you noobs, you only have to cut on 02-04 bumpers.

the 05-06s, the foglight housing simply replaces your pre-existing grill. a mUCH easier install.</TD></TR></TABLE>

not my fault im a noob, im still learning more about my rsx
Old 05-13-2007, 06:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

be nice blackdc5...
Old 05-13-2007, 06:23 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blackdc5 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you noobs, you only have to cut on 02-04 bumpers.

the 05-06s, the foglight housing simply replaces your pre-existing grill. a mUCH easier install.</TD></TR></TABLE>

No need to get the panties all up in a bunch; we're all still learning here. No one knows it all, and if you claim to; you'll ever know much.
Old 05-13-2007, 08:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

umm where did u get the OEM foglight kit from , cause im planning to install one on my car with white lens and yellow bulb like yours
Old 05-13-2007, 09:16 PM

Default Re: Installed OEM Foglight assembly on my 03 DC5! (DC5.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DC5. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">umm where did u get the OEM foglight kit from , cause im planning to install one on my car with white lens and yellow bulb like yours </TD></TR></TABLE>

from the stealership
Old 05-13-2007, 09:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

install some yellow Lamin-X also, you'll get more yellow! plus it will make the OEM fog lens stronger since they are plastic...
Old 05-13-2007, 11:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93eg2james &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No need to get the panties all up in a bunch; we're all still learning here. No one knows it all, and if you claim to; you'll ever know much. </TD></TR></TABLE>
i never claimed to know it all, but i do know RSX foglights as iv'e even had to MAKE my own harness from getting the wrong harness at first.

and yes i've done install on 02-04 AND 05-06 so i know the differences.

i've had laminex AND yellow bulbs....the best is to get a yellowed kit already because the laminex will burn and create burn spots and evnetuallyi the glass will break even if u have laminex.

Old 05-14-2007, 12:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Very good write-up
Old 05-14-2007, 05:28 AM

Default Re: Installed OEM Foglight assembly on my 03 DC5! (BlueIntegraBoy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlueIntegraBoy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Very good write-up</TD></TR></TABLE>

thanx bro.. my first one..

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DC5. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">umm where did u get the OEM foglight kit from , cause im planning to install one on my car with white lens and yellow bulb like yours </TD></TR></TABLE>

well the body shop my car was in bought it for me..because i claimed i had it on before the shop started working on it(more details why my car was in there but i dont want to get caught by police or anything haha)....i basically just lied to get them for free haha..

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NTCustoms &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">install some yellow Lamin-X also, you'll get more yellow! plus it will make the OEM fog lens stronger since they are plastic...</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah i'm actually thinking of doing that..i denno but i've had great experience with the lamin-x because i did them to my girlfriends fit..on the stock fog lights and they're still holding up great..i'm planning on getting her bulbs as well..i dont know about the lamin-x making the foglight stronger but i also love the yellow look you can easily see even when the foglight isn't on.
Old 05-14-2007, 05:52 AM

the fogs are $370 from the dealer...
Old 05-14-2007, 09:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

trust me, you have a rock hit the OEM lens, it will shatter. you have a rock hit lamin-x'd lens, they will hold but crack
Old 05-15-2007, 10:39 PM

Nice install.
Whats wrong with yellows?
HIDs cost alotttt

Quick Reply: Installed OEM Foglight assembly on my 03 DC5!