Notices
Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

DC5 Track Picture Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 06:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DC5 Track Picture Thread!

Lets see some pictures everyone!
Old 02-23-2016, 06:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: DC5 Track Picture Thread!

Old 03-01-2016, 03:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'll be at the track March 20th. Hopefully I can get some pictures.
Old 03-01-2016, 06:17 AM
No Jodas

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Off Topic: What are your experiences with circuit racing the DC5 chassis? Any suggestions for 'first timer' upgrades and maintenance to complete prior to a track day?
Old 03-01-2016, 06:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ShinsenTuner
Off Topic: What are your experiences with circuit racing the DC5 chassis? Any suggestions for 'first timer' upgrades and maintenance to complete prior to a track day?
I'm beginner still myself.
As far as maintenance I try to keep the oil fresh, radiator fluid fresh, check brake pads(I have pads I use just for racing).

And give your tires a chance to warm up before pushing it. Not just on track but anywhere. :-)
Old 03-01-2016, 07:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

is the car stock? If so, good luck. The car will under steer, you can always lessen the understeer. But a rear sway bar will make your life a lot easier ( thikness depending on what you want out of the car) and brakes....brakes are brutal on the RSX, if you brake like me that is lol.
Old 03-01-2016, 07:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Jack Kun Aguero
is the car stock? If so, good luck. The car will under steer, you can always lessen the understeer. But a rear sway bar will make your life a lot easier ( thikness depending on what you want out of the car) and brakes....brakes are brutal on the RSX, if you brake like me that is lol.
With the DC5 if he wants to get best out of it. I would focus less on the sway bars... since RSX already has a rear sway.

If he wants to get rid of understeer. He will need to
1)A performance oriented coil over/suspension upgrade. (This will help with body roll and how your car transfer weight.)But if you ever race competitively in SCCA or something this may effect your class
2)Replace those compliant bushings upfront. Those stock bushings are soft and are designed to generate toe in under g forces(Causing the front tires to want to lose traction and understeer)
3)Negative Camber adjustments. There's even plates out there that allow you to adjust caster(Which is good since RSX has a weak sauce caster angle) Since I daily drive I don't really mess with my Toe settings.

And if you still find yourself understeering... Don't worry. Once you become an experienced driver your will be able to modulate the throttle and choose correct lines, throttle input points, and racing techniques in order to reduce understeer.
Old 03-01-2016, 07:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

My current set up is Buddy Club RSD coil overs which are( front: 10K rear: 14K ), an eibach 24mm rear sway bar, function 7 rear tie bar ( looks fancy ), and full energy poly bushings. with 235 front 225 rear bfg g force r1 tires to get more rotation and i finally got the car to hand how i want it to. Alignment wise, im sort of messing with it i ran -2.5 front and -2 rear and worked nicely very neutral for the most part but i can left foot brake a little when i need rear rotation.
Old 03-01-2016, 07:29 AM
No Jodas

My car has Buddyclub N+ coilovers, Hard Race rear camber kit, and 17x9 +35 wheels with 255/40/17 tires (BFG Sport Comp2s). Looking to get into doing beginner HPDE and open track days with it
Old 03-01-2016, 07:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

My current set up is Buddy Club RSD coil overs which are( front: 10K rear: 14K ), an eibach 24mm rear sway bar, function 7 rear tie bar ( looks fancy ), and full energy poly bushings. with 235 front 225 rear bfg g force r1 tires to get more rotation and i finally got the car to hand how i want it to. Alignment wise, im sort of messing with it i ran -2.5 front and -2 rear and worked nicely very neutral for the most part but i can left foot brake a little when i need rear rotation.
Nice.
I just started building my DC5. Trying to make the best balance between a daily driven car that carries my 1year old and a racing car that can have fun on a track. I have Mugen SS... not stiff enough to make my 1year old uncomfortable. But still has good weight transfer and minimal body roll. Then i'm using Hardrace bushings upfront buuut i'm about to switch them all to Mugen(I have to wait for my shipment from Japan but i'm patient lol). PasswordJDM cambolts and camber arm. I put on HAWK HP PLUS brake pads to race with(only) So with those mods out the way. I'm going to track the DC5 at an event this month to see how it behaves. Then I will know what direction to go next(Sways bars, more power, rigidity, aerodynamics, and etc) Right now I have moderate tires. Eagle GT's but i'm about to make the switch over to Dunlop Star Spec. Which I hear is a good street tire and still has awesome grip for the track. I will be making this switch when I get back from the track.
Old 03-01-2016, 07:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

My car has Buddyclub N+ coilovers, Hard Race rear camber kit, and 17x9 +35 wheels with 255/40/17 tires (BFG Sport Comp2s). Looking to get into doing beginner HPDE and open track days with it
get a front camber kit fo sho
Old 03-01-2016, 07:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

how can i change this thread name to DC5 track chat not picture post haha
Old 03-01-2016, 11:19 AM
No Jodas

get a front camber kit fo sho
It adjusts camber based on the slotted upper strut mounting bolt via the hub but I fear slipping. I messaged SHG Motorworks about their idea of using a machined spacer to fill up the gap and prevent slipping (to buy a sample) but they never got back to me.

Shame, it's a really good idea.
Old 03-02-2016, 08:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

read these threads. lots of good info.

Track *Chat* thread. - Club RSX Message Board

Track *Chat* Part II - Club RSX Message Board

Last edited by elitezdc5; 03-02-2016 at 09:29 AM.
Old 03-02-2016, 09:08 AM
No Jodas

Thanks elitez. Always loved your ABP
Old 03-02-2016, 01:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh hey elitez nice to see you here as well.
Old 03-03-2016, 10:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 03-03-2016, 12:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 03-03-2016, 12:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 03-04-2016, 06:27 AM
Spongebrad Squarepants

Originally Posted by Jujutsuka
With the DC5 if he wants to get best out of it. I would focus less on the sway bars... since RSX already has a rear sway.

If he wants to get rid of understeer. He will need to
1)A performance oriented coil over/suspension upgrade. (This will help with body roll and how your car transfer weight.)But if you ever race competitively in SCCA or something this may effect your class
2)Replace those compliant bushings upfront. Those stock bushings are soft and are designed to generate toe in under g forces(Causing the front tires to want to lose traction and understeer)
3)Negative Camber adjustments. There's even plates out there that allow you to adjust caster(Which is good since RSX has a weak sauce caster angle) Since I daily drive I don't really mess with my Toe settings.

And if you still find yourself understeering... Don't worry. Once you become an experienced driver your will be able to modulate the throttle and choose correct lines, throttle input points, and racing techniques in order to reduce understeer.
Why focus less on the bars because "they already have them"? You can always upgrade, but depending on skill set, "looser" might not suit the learning curve.

Example of what "most" race guys end up with. (ASR Subframe Reinforcement Brace w/ 32mm Hollow Swaybar | ASR Parts) I ran an OE bar through my DE ranks.

Also, all this talk about throttle and correct lines, yet no talk about brakes. Trail braking helps "cure" understeer tremendously.
Old 03-04-2016, 06:34 AM
Spongebrad Squarepants

And to stay on "track", from Mid Oh as well.

Old 03-04-2016, 01:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That was too punny.
Old 03-15-2016, 02:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Egezzy
Why focus less on the bars because "they already have them"? You can always upgrade, but depending on skill set, "looser" might not suit the learning curve.

Example of what "most" race guys end up with. (ASR Subframe Reinforcement Brace w/ 32mm Hollow Swaybar | ASR Parts) I ran an OE bar through my DE ranks.

Also, all this talk about throttle and correct lines, yet no talk about brakes. Trail braking helps "cure" understeer tremendously.
Sorry, I was talking more in terms of just starting out.
Eventually yes you can start messing with sway bars. But I wouldn't do that until you get a good feel for the car. Because based on the way a person drives. Adding larger or stiffer sways will make them oversteer more than their liking.(If added on the rear for example).

I agree. Trail braking is definitely a technique to master for FF cars. But it's harder than it sounds. Because if not done right you will understeer again because you overworked the tires with too much deacceleration while turning. So I would work on the things I talked about first.

But all in all I agree with you. It's just not something I would tell someone who is starting out to do.
Old 03-15-2016, 05:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

In my opinion someone who is just starting should go out their first time with a stock car, or how ever their car is prepared at the moment, I made the mistake of adding parts off of what people told me to get and ended up making my car handle how they would want instead of how i wanted it to.

Track driving is a lot of personal preference, you'll never be able to go fast in a car you're not comfortable in and don't enjoy driving it. In my personal opinion you should start your track driving with what you're comfortable with and see what you want in the car and add the parts to your car that will make it better for YOU, not what everyone else says to do.
Old 03-15-2016, 05:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm not sure why my brakes are smoking so much....

Quick Reply: DC5 Track Picture Thread!