Notices
Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

Console swap

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 08:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 Console swap

Any way to get this console?

I like the position of the CD player better, but the buttons look different for A/C, rear def, and recirc. anyone have/done/seen this? I'm curious about it cause I've only seen it a few times.

Any info would be great!
Old 01-27-2010, 10:36 AM
Surje.motorsports

Default Re: Console swap

yeah you can get it, if you live in the UK lol

best thing you can do is post it in fs/wtb threads on a bunch of forums or contact honda directly and see if they will order it for you
Old 01-27-2010, 10:47 AM
Function > Form

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only reason I would get that console it so that I could put guages in the control spots lol, then I would relocate those
Old 01-27-2010, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

To be honest, if it's through the dealer, it's probably more $ than it's worth. It would be cool, I was just seeing if anyone knew where (other than contacting dealers) they've seen it or what goes into the swap (ie different plugs or having to extend the harness)

Now that I think about it, I don't even know where i'd find an aftermarket radio adapter for it anyway. The radio is clearly a different shape than the USDM one
Old 01-27-2010, 11:51 AM
Surje.motorsports

Originally Posted by Nate13
To be honest, if it's through the dealer, it's probably more $ than it's worth. It would be cool, I was just seeing if anyone knew where (other than contacting dealers) they've seen it or what goes into the swap (ie different plugs or having to extend the harness)

Now that I think about it, I don't even know where i'd find an aftermarket radio adapter for it anyway. The radio is clearly a different shape than the USDM one
don't count yourself short, i have been on the search for paint matched ITR/A-spec side skirts for the past 6 months and the dealer is the one place i didn;t want to go, i eventually went onm monday to find out the price, only $350 for both sides color matched paint straight from honda....way cheaper than what i was expecting!!

you dont need to change any harneses or plugs, its just the middle part, its the same size as the USDM center, its just setup differently!
Old 01-27-2010, 01:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Nate13

but..this radio looks after market. the harness would be purchased online or at a local car audio store.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by nahonda04
don't count yourself short, i have been on the search for paint matched ITR/A-spec side skirts for the past 6 months and the dealer is the one place i didn;t want to go, i eventually went onm monday to find out the price, only $350 for both sides color matched paint straight from honda....way cheaper than what i was expecting!!

you dont need to change any harneses or plugs, its just the middle part, its the same size as the USDM center, its just setup differently!
Thanks for the support, I'll check it out.

Anyone happen to know what actual model/country this console came in? was it just specific years or models? I can't find much info on the console at all.

Originally Posted by kPRO dz
but..this radio looks after market. the harness would be purchased online or at a local car audio store.
His radio is aftermarket along with the bezel for it. I know they make them, just not in the US, since cars here don't have them. I tried Crutchfield and a general google search but local stores wouldn't have the bezel. I have the harness and an aftermarket radio already