Notices
Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

Cant Decide......What do you guys think

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 07:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

look i dont know why yall are hatin on elusive, i mean didnt we all once start out dreamin and sh*t. give the man a break i mean if he messes up he messes up, he'll learn the hard way but on the other hand yall blew this topic way out of proportion bc he asked a decent logical question at him and yall flamed him.... whats up with that...?
Old 03-10-2005, 08:38 PM

Default Re: (mawkiemarc)

Its not flaming. Nobody attacked him. Why cant someone be given the option to learn from the mistakes of others?
Old 03-10-2005, 08:43 PM

Default Re: (whiteDCfiver)

I think Mongoose came out with a new 05 10speed mountain bike. That'd be the way to go for 17 year olds that want new cars.
Old 03-12-2005, 02:01 PM

Default Re: (RSXisS)

aight well w.e you wanna call it.

but no one really helped my man out with his question, i mean so what if hes gonna cosign with his mom and this and that wish his mom, who cares about a place to live hes 17 and already has a place to live. if he wants to get a RSX let him

and oh yea RSXisS, im sorry your all 25 and im 18 and the thought of a mongoose 10 speed bike came into your head.......is that your daily driver beater car or your ricer beater car you TRY and keep up with minivans with, please tell me im curious to know

and ya he can be givin the options of learning from others mistakes

oh almost forgot, BlackSi613nin im sorry you turned gay and the ***** wansnt good enough for ya, and i dont think elusive was getting an attitude he was probably gettin a lil furious bc everyone was saying negative things and yea i DO think he knows the truth and knows what can happen
Old 03-13-2005, 08:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lmao...cry me a ******* river...
Old 03-13-2005, 01:41 PM

Default Re: Cant Decide......What do you guys think (eLuSiVe2nR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by eLuSiVe2nR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> tan just doesnt say fast.....or "R" </TD></TR></TABLE>
lol i know the black adds 15 wHP YO!!!
Old 03-13-2005, 06:05 PM

Default Re: Cant Decide......What do you guys think (silver comet)

CRY ME A RIVER, thats so old. find something new my friend.
Old 03-13-2005, 06:28 PM

hah... ok well im 16 and have an rsx. I make the payments, and insurance. I can afford it. I did have to co-sign with my mom because of my age tho. I made the downpayment everything... anyway what I mean to say is that I dont think you guys should assume that a person 16-18 or so cant afford the payments/insurance by themselves. I work 30 hours a week and am in highschool. I dont regret it, I love my rsx.

Anyway... the dude who is in the process of swapping interior... got any pics???
Old 03-13-2005, 06:51 PM

Default Living Situation

Obviously a part time job where a high school student who doesn't have to pay rent, buy food and drink, pay utilities, or any other monthly/weekly/daily living expenses could easily afford to make the payments on a $20,000 sport compact. Say the kid makes, what, say $800 a month. He could pay for the car, the insurance (assuming he was under his parent(s) policy) and the gas, and still have enough to take his girlfriend out on the weekends. Hell, I did it. Then I went to college, and had to sell my car because I couldn't afford it anymore. Suddenly I had to pay for everything else that you need to have to live. Take a moment to imagine if your car was your only living expense...can anyone say Ferrari??? Not that I would rather be a 25 year old livng with my parents and driving one, but you see the point I'm sure. Let the kid indulge himself a year or two, and lose a few grand when he has to sell it off.

Modified by Shao Lin Wu Su at 12:47 PM 3/20/2005
Old 03-13-2005, 07:36 PM

y'all need to stop flaming the kid. you guys are just hating because he's 17 and he wants an Type-R or a Type-S because y'all never got yours when you were young. when he said that he doesn't need his mom to sign for him because he's turning 18 in two weeks, he never referred to "signing" as a co-signer. maybe he was talking about her signing as the owner of the car. give this guy props he's trying to make it on his own and at the same he's working hard and staying out of trouble.

i just turned 18 and i had little to no credit. my dad co-signed for me -- i got my $18,000 loan and purchased my brand new 2005 VBP Si with some pocket change I had saved up over the years. I make my own payments and pay for my own insurance.

so you hating ************* need to stop. he never said anything to you guys and obviously he isn't benefitting from any of your advice and/or remarks.

but hey, IMHO, i would go with the RSX Type-S [DC5]. it's worth the money and i'm sure it'll make you happy. just don't rice it or make it look spanish chente ****.

well take care and good luck deciding. i hope you get your car.. :-)
Old 03-14-2005, 06:20 AM

Default Re: Cant Decide......What do you guys think (silver comet)

0h yea!!! silver comet..........ok?

Yea thanx silly nate and Evil monkey finally somone see's where im coming from...but i mean i started this whole topic bc i couldnt figure out wether i wanted the DC5 or the DC2.....simple as that..... like i said b4 i got credit seminars and financial lectures about it when the money wasnt even a issue. Though i do thank you guys for your input on the situation but in all reality i got very few posts on my original post. now i guess i just have to decide what to get on my own im probaly leaning to the DC2 tho..... BTW MAWKIE GOOD LOOKIN OUT.....NOW LETS GET A ENGINE IN THAT HATCH OF YOURS! ! !

later.........

Modified by eLuSiVe2nR at 7:31 AM 3/14/2005
Old 03-14-2005, 06:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Cant Decide......What do you guys think (eLuSiVe2nR)

Gotta love it...ya know, if i were to move back in with mommy, have her pay for all my food and bills and stuff, i'd be driving a 2003 Ferrari 360 Stradale...i could afford it, it would be awesome...lol.

Anyways...to those that didnt like the "hating" as you put it (which in an educated view would actually be considered advice), get over it...people came in here to tell him that given his age, the fact that he's not had a taste of the real world yet (nobody has at that age, especially those of you in high school...), its just a really stupid idea. Sure you COULD afford it, but what happens with your personal lives? Is it not important to anyone anymore to get out on your own? Get out from underneath mommy and daddy's wing? I guess not...personally, i could not stand the thought of living at home after high school, so i drove a decent car and i got my own place...got married, moved up in the world...THEN got the cars that me and my wife wanted...do i have any regrets about it? Not one...am i jealous of someone spending all their money on a car instead of becoming responsible when they turn 18 and approuch getting out of high school? lol...not hardly. I actually have pity for them.

But alas, im speaking to children (when it comes to those that were hating)...you guys do yourselves a favor, invest some money, save some money and get your own place, GROW UP, quit living off mom and dad, i dont give a **** what bills your paying, i dont even give a **** if you're paying your folks to live with them, your still living under their roof...GROW UP, be responsible...nobody at that age needs a car like that if your living at home, but if you feel thats ok...awesome, enjoy it, i hope that when you get into the real world you havent waited too long, and i hope for your sake that the process isnt too difficult for you during the transfer.

hahaha...the more i read this thread the more it makes me laugh. Good luck kiddos.
Old 03-14-2005, 06:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Cant Decide......What do you guys think (hypnosisracing)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">CRY ME A RIVER, thats so old. find something new my friend.</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol...damn, you totally shut me down now. I guess i myself am just getting old.

I gotta say though to you teen's in here talking about how its ok to have a car like this and that it can easily be done and blah blah blah, i really REALLY hope you thought about that before you got your car...just keep in mind that you cant live at home forever, living on your own cost ALOT, and unless your in school, so do the little things in life that your mommy and daddy provide for you at home...i guess all i can say is good luck, you'll certainly need it. (looking at some of your replies too, reality is going to hit you in the face like mike tyson...lol, be prepared for it, its gonna hurt like hell)
Old 03-14-2005, 07:17 AM

good points.

get the cheaper car, take some of that money and invest in your education. you don't have to be a market strategist to see that unskilled labor jobs, among many others, are drying up. you can lose your job at anytime, but if you don't have the necessary or desirable skills, you're going to remain stuck in place. why don't i own an s2k or lexus? because i like my new house. i like being able to travel. i don't want to have to work until i'm 60 and retire on peanuts. i like having health insurance and peace of mind.

these are hard to understand when you're 17.
Old 03-14-2005, 07:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (kung fu grip)

^^^ Exactly...very good points. Why dont i drive the porsche 911 turbo i've always wanted? Because i too enjoy having my own home, i like having a reliable car to get me back and forth to work but also, given past experience, ive been able to not only do that but also have something that gives me sports and luxury as i would want for the price i could afford...then i was able to buy my wife the car that she's wanted since she graduated high school.

Teenagers (all of them, even myself when i was that age) are so damn thick headed that explaining this is almost pointless, but hey, i dont mind, im sitting here at my good paying job making money bored and posting on a website...you guys have fun living off mommy and daddy, or busting your *** everyday for $7.50/hour...working 50 hours a week to afford your car payment and insurance payment isnt my idea of living.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:31 AM

Default Re: (hypnosisracing)

first off my friends, hahahaha
second im 18, and paid for all 3 of my cars with my own money and i do live with my parents and i do pay them monthly to live here and i do pay my own insurance(but just liability bc i own my ****) and i dont see why hypnosisracing calls us children where we are all adults and hes only 25 house and wife? dammmmmmmmmm f*ck that i aint gettin married for a long time i dont need to be spending money on no woman! SIKE SIKE!!!!

and i aint one of those people who make 7.50/hour, i made that when i was 14.
im proud to be making 13/hour at my Harley davidson job
and if you think about it, if you pay your car off and have no payments, all u need is liability, DUH!

and for kung fu grip, we all dont need an education bc some of us our education is our cars and becoming a mechanic and goin along that route is cheap. we dont need to 4 year degree and waste all our money on books and classes and what not bc when i get out of my 51 week school, ill be makin more money than you when you got out of you 4 year school of w.e you did.....i aint picking on ya juss stating a fact that some peoples education is about cars. and it isnt hard to understand for me or my friend eLuSiVe2nR. we know what can happen and we do to like to travel and i for one aint gonna retire at 60 hell 40 most likely and ill be happy.

i just want to thank everyone for helping out my friend who couldnt decide on what to get no matter what he has or doesnt have yall stil should of givin you opinions on what he should LOOK INTO gettin not a class of financial lectures and shyt
Old 03-14-2005, 09:38 AM

Default Re: Living Situation (Shao Lin Wu Su)

oh and Shao Lin Wu Su, im sorry you had a skinny *** GF and had to sell your car....

did you not plan for the road ahead? looks like ya didnt my friend, tough luck buddy.
and ya i do work Part Time and 800$ monthly, come on man we aint up in MN, were down here in VA, we pull in anywhere from 1000$ - 1500$ monthly, well at least i do but i can preety much vouch for anyone else in Northern VA. so juss remember that living conditions, gas, and all the other shyt you listed aint as high priced as they are up there yonder, just keep that in mind okie dokie?
better luck next time champ..........!
Old 03-14-2005, 09:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Living Situation (mawkiemarc)

lol...few things...

- a whole $13/hour? Who are you trying to impress? Waiters?
- Yes, im 25 years old...i have a house and a beautiful wife...2 nice cars and a wondeful life, was there anything else you wanted to add to that response but "daaaaaaaammmm", or should i take your chris tucker style response as your agreement that you are in fact still a child?
- If i had the cars you do...i'd probobly carry liability insurance as well (lol)...but this quote...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if you pay your car off and have no payments, all u need is liability</TD></TR></TABLE>

...let me be the first to tell you that you are a foolish teenager, and eventually when you grow up, you'll understand why i say this, until then, i'll leave it at saying how foolish that really is.

...and i know your not speaking downwards against people that go to college. If you are and i was reading your posts right, i pity you kiddo. Your 51 week automotive mechanics training is not going to yield you anywhere NEAR the income of a student of 4 years with a bachlors in even the easiest of degrees...take administration for example...starting pay for a person with a bachlor's in administration (which im actually in the market to hire right now...given an open spot in my department here) is $58,000/year salery. Good luck getting anywhere near that, my friend (who just graduated from UTI pheonix) recieved a master course training certificate and has been picked up by the biggest southeastern Saab/Volvo dealership and service department there is...starting pay for him (2 year UTI schooling) is $38,000/year salery.

So again...KID (and yes, you are still young and thick headed), dont wonder into territory where your knowledge is extremely limited, and your responses just stick you in a hole that you dig deeper and deeper with each reply.

Modified by hypnosisracing at 2:05 PM 3/14/2005

Modified by hypnosisracing at 2:06 PM 3/14/2005
Old 03-14-2005, 10:47 AM

look, before this gets too far off topic and locked consider this:

i never said to go get a four year degree. i have plenty of friends and family who don't, yet their EDUCATION into other fields (i.e. vocational) was instrumental in their advancement.

furthermore, an 8k car vs a 20k car is a much better investment. someone shouldn't have to work like a dog to make car payments and upkeep. cars are bad investments. i can name 3 people in my 32 years who have MADE money selling a used car. the depreciation is a killer.

$13/hour is chump change any way you slice it. do what you love, though. i haven't been paid by the hour in quite a few years, though i do bill my clients on an hourly basis, depending on the contract. i think mawkie's comments illustrate the disadvantages to not continuing your education.

either way, it's tough advice to give to teenagers. it's something you take to heart or it's something you regret not doing.

Modified by kung fu grip at 3:00 PM 3/14/2005
Old 03-14-2005, 11:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (kung fu grip)

^^^ Amen brotha.

I think the pride he holds in that hourly pay is something that should be used to show why a college education in 90% of the situations out there is almost a neccesity.

Anyways...the subject bores me now, those of you fussing with us are children, thick headed teenagers that think you know everything about everything, i was there, we all were there...all i can say is at my age, atleast i know that i dont have a clue about everything...but i did have sense enough to realize that before i got into the real world...something i see being a hard place for those of you in here speaking down about the advice...trying to convince a friend to buy a $20,000 with hardly any income, no college education, while living with mommy.
Old 03-14-2005, 01:49 PM

Default Re: (hypnosisracing)

look guys its whatever yall wanna say aight? im done with this and i aint sayin yall are right and i aint saying yall are wrong. yall make some good points yes but thats beyond the fact that there was a question involved in all of this and it was only answered by maybe two or three people. so again i wanna say thank you to all those who helped my man in getting an answer to his question bc he couldnt deside..............
Old 03-14-2005, 02:48 PM

well.. i live in NOVA and everything here is expensive. we also make more money here. i'm making around $1,300 a month working part time at a CVS. and yeah i'm paying for my 2005 Si by myself, and my phone bills, and my insurance, and i give my mom money to live under the house. i'm in high school and i will go to college and yes i'll pay for it myself. i'm filipino and if you're asian, you know that parents don't mind keeping you in the house. asians are always "family first". i don't know why you guys are so whiny. the guy just wanted to know which car to get. just let it go and stop discussing it.
Old 03-14-2005, 02:49 PM

oh yeah by the way, i just turned 18 like 4 months ago.
Old 03-14-2005, 02:54 PM

Default Re: Living Situation (Shao Lin Wu Su)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Shao Lin Wu Su &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Not that I would rather be a 25 year old livng with my parents and driving one, but you see the point I'm sure. </TD></TR></TABLE>

It occurred to me that if I was willing to swallow my pride and move back in with the parents that $1000+ per month thats going into rent and utilities could be spent on an M3... drool....

But that's beside the point. Parents would not have been cool with me living at home and spending all of my money on a new car when I was a teenager, let alone now.
Old 03-14-2005, 03:09 PM

Default Re: Living Situation (hypnosisracing)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hypnosisracing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
- a whole $13/hour? Who are you trying to impress? Waiters?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Funny. With minimum wage at $7.35 and hour now, that's 175% of minimum wage, in my state.

I was making that (175% min wage at the time) in high school while lifeguarding. It was OK pay, but I certainly wasn't thinking it was a career of sorts, and sure as hell couldn't afford new car on it.

Quick Reply: Cant Decide......What do you guys think