Notices
Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

Base Rsx midpipe/b-pipe to EP3 stock system

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 10:51 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Base Rsx midpipe/b-pipe to EP3 stock system

Hey Guys,

I know this question is similar to the one thats been asked to death, but before you bring out the pitch forks I cant seem to find a clear answer even with the search bar.

I have a 2003 ep3 with an unknown aftermarket b-pipe (previous owner), it rusted out and is so loud I cant drive it without getting a headache.

Now im looking to get a stock system put in, but its pretty expensive for just the part alone.

My questions is, will the base RSX b-pipe fit a stock ep3 exhaust setup, after cutting the length to shorten it the 3 inches? Will the flanges and such match with the base (a lot of questions about the DC5-S, but im looking for base - cheaper and quieter).

Thanks guys!!!!
Old 01-15-2018, 07:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Base Rsx midpipe/b-pipe to EP3 stock system

As far as I know, the flanges and such are the same. It'd be trivial to chop out the required length and weld the pipes together. Failing that, one could cut the pipe, use an expander to slip one end over the other, and secure it with a clamp.
Old 01-20-2018, 04:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Base Rsx midpipe/b-pipe to EP3 stock system

i have a full length obx header on my ep3 and had to do something similar as my OEM mid pipe was trashed from rust

you can run the rsx base mid pipe but you will need to re-weld the hangers on the muffler from what i understand

i am running a megan racing 2 piece mid pipe and while it works okay, it doesnt fit perfectly. i had to cut it down and the muffler barely mounts to the original hangers so i have a special zip-tie/misc auto parts exhaust hanger setup to keep it in place

the megan pipe is about $180 off amazon IIRC..the oem piece if about $250 or so from honda.

im going to get the honda piece sometime this spring because i dont like this pipe..or i will just go to a shop and have them fab something up.