Notices
Acura RSX DC5 & Honda Civic EP3 Includes DC5 Integra Type R & 5dr Civic hatchback

Base rsx? Is it any good?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2002, 10:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Base rsx? Is it any good?

Sorry to bother you folks but I was just wondering if I could get some info on the base rsx. I had an 94 Accord with h22a that I sold to get an rsx. I doubt I can afford the type s and therefore considering a base rsx. In any case, my question is, how fast is the official time slips for quarter mile and are the engines essentially the same as the type s? What I mean that is, type r type s and the base seem to share the same engine codes. Well, at least the K20 part that is. I know that previous gen integras could not share engine components(without modification) and they were all b series. Can base rsx engine take in the 11.5 compression type r pistons? what is the rod ratio on the base vs the type s? can the rsx base take on the type r head without modifying it? thank you for your time.
Old 04-29-2002, 03:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Base rsx? Is it any good? (racespec)

Check out "Honda Tuning" magazine this month. The have a complete K series motor breakdown from the Civic Si, RSX, RSX-S, S2K, and CRV. Showing pics of and explaining differences in all the motors. Note all of these motor are different and the differences were suprising to me.

For instance, the Civic Si and RSX I *thought* had the same motor, but in fact they're different. The RSX has a dual plenum intake for better low-end torque, the Civic Si has a single plenum and a torque peak about 1K rpm higher.

Check it out it's very imformative IMO.