Acura NSX Honda / Acura NSX 1990 - 2005 || Honda / Acura NSX 2017 -

Some specs from my 2002 NSX

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2003, 08:25 AM
El Chico

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Some specs from my 2002 NSX and PICS/VID 1/4 mile (Mr.Integra)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mr.Integra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

LOL.

I've met some pretty immature people in the professional world

This is an automotive forum.. hence that is why you posted pictures of that hideous looking wing.. I don't think anyone here really cares about your credentials... </TD></TR></TABLE>

See, you could have just said I don't care for the wing.

It's okay, you guys just go stock up on Haterade and he'll keep plastering everything you guys don't like to his car.

I personally see where he is coming from.

A simple, nice car, I don't care for the wing would suffice IMO.
Old 08-28-2003, 08:27 AM
El Chico

Default Re: Some specs from my 2002 NSX and PICS/VID 1/4 mile (nsxtasy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nsxtasy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Which tracks?

(Don't list drag strips.)
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Drag strips aren't tracks?
Old 08-28-2003, 08:28 AM
El Chico

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nsxtasy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Some of us are those damn Type R owners!
</TD></TR></TABLE>

This explains SO much.
Old 08-28-2003, 08:38 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Default Re: Some specs from my 2002 NSX and PICS/VID 1/4 mile (Knightsport)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Knightsport &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Drag strips aren't tracks?</TD></TR></TABLE>

No, IMO. People who take their car to the drag strip often claim that they are "going to the track" (instead of using the more obvious term, "drag strip") because they want to make people think that they are doing something more difficult than driving straight down a strip of concrete. It's like telling someone you're "going flying" when you have an RC airplane. Posers.

Besides, all drag strips are the same length and flat. Who cares which one you're driving on?

So what's up, 02NSXU? Do you really take your car to the track - a road course (a REAL track) - or just to the drag strip?
Old 08-28-2003, 09:13 AM
El Chico

No, IMO. People who take their car to the drag strip often claim that they are "going to the track" (instead of using the more obvious term, "drag strip") because they want to make people think that they are doing something more difficult than driving straight down a strip of concrete. It's like telling someone you're "going flying" when you have an RC airplane. Posers.

Besides, all drag strips are the same length and flat. Who cares which one you're driving on?

So what's up, 02NSXU? Do you really take your car to the track - a road course (a REAL track) - or just to the drag strip?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wow, how elitest of you.

Not to say I don't feel similarly but I certainly wouldn't call drag racers posers. It takes quite a bit of skill to hold a high hp car straight down a track. There are quite a few factors to overcome to be a succesful drag racer.

So although I agree that road racing is much more gratifying, I would not make light of drag racers or drag racing.
Old 08-28-2003, 11:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, IMO. People who take their car to the drag strip often claim that they are "going to the track" (instead of using the more obvious term, "drag strip") ....
</TD></TR></TABLE>

that is absurd...... there are many kinds of tracks..

dirt ovals
kart tracks
short track ovals
full size ovals
oval/infield combos
drag strip
road course
superspeedway
even dedicated rally courses probably qualify
or even street courses like LA or Monaco while they are in race configuration

all are generally referred to as "the track".... it is just as correct to call a drag strip a track as it is to call a road course a track as it is to call a nascar oval a track....

</TD></TR></TABLE>

obviously you don't know much about drag strips..... most fundamentally they are not "all" the same length..... both 1/8 mile and 1/4 mile are popular in this country. the track surface and other factors also vary considerably between strips.

if you don't like drag racing that is fine nobody is telling you to.....
Old 08-28-2003, 12:00 PM
H-T Order of Merit

Default Re: Some specs from my 2002 NSX and PICS/VID 1/4 mile (nsxr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Knightsport &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Not to say I don't feel similarly but I certainly wouldn't call drag racers posers. It takes quite a bit of skill to hold a high hp car straight down a track. There are quite a few factors to overcome to be a succesful drag racer.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I am not calling all drag racers posers - only the ones who claim they are "going to the track" when they are "going to the drag strip". For those who say they're going to the drag strip and working on those skills - and yes, there are distinct skills (primarily reaction time) - more power to 'em.

Keep in mind that everyone understands the term "drag strip". When people say "track", most people think of a road course (if not a horse racing track). You can use the terms that everyone understands, or you can use a term that makes people think you're doing something you're not. THAT is being a poser.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nsxr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">obviously you don't know much about drag strips..... most fundamentally they are not "all" the same length..... both 1/8 mile and 1/4 mile are popular in this country. the track surface and other factors also vary considerably between strips.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sure they do. But is there a big difference between running a quarter mile at one drag strip, and running a quarter mile at another drag strip? Let's see, one is straight, and the other one is straight. One is level, and the other one is level. One is a quarter mile long, and the other is a quarter mile long.

I can't imagine that anyone considers that there are a whole lot of variations from one drag strip to another. When someone says "I went to the drag strip", most people visualize a drag strip (imagine that!) and ask what times you ran. When someone says, "I went to the track", most people visualize a road course and ask which one, because there is a huge difference from one road course to another and they want to visualize the turns and maybe ask how you liked driving through the kink or the corkscrew or thunder alley - famous turns. Which, last time I checked, you won't find on a drag strip.
Old 08-28-2003, 12:00 PM
Painting Masterpieces

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nsxr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">obviously you don't know much about drag strips</TD></TR></TABLE>

Stop there, I don't think anyone cares.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nsxr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">..... most fundamentally they are not "all" the same length.....both 1/8 mile and 1/4 mile are popular in this country.</TD></TR></TABLE>

WHIPIDEEDOOO!!!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nsxr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the track surface and other factors also vary considerably between strips. </TD></TR></TABLE>

A true statement for all of the "tracks" mentioned.
Old 08-28-2003, 12:08 PM
Painting Masterpieces

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Knightsport &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Not to say I don't feel similarly but I certainly wouldn't call drag racers posers. It takes quite a bit of skill to hold a high hp car straight down a track. There are quite a few factors to overcome to be a succesful drag racer.

So although I agree that road racing is much more gratifying, I would not make light of drag racers or drag racing. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I can agree with that. And I wouldn't call them posers either - at least they're not street racing. But really, how much "skill" does it take to shift and steer straight? Possibly a lot for a "high hp car" but not a lot for the type of racing most do.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Knightsport &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So although I agree that road racing is much more gratifying, I would not make light of drag racers or drag racing.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Surely there's room for drag racers in this world.
Old 08-28-2003, 12:28 PM

Default Re: Some specs from my 2002 NSX and PICS/VID 1/4 mile (Ponyboy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ponyboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Stop there, I don't think anyone cares.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

obviously some people do... just because you don't, why do you dimiss other people's interests?
Old 08-28-2003, 12:29 PM
El Chico

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ponyboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I can agree with that. And I wouldn't call them posers either - at least they're not street racing. But really, how much "skill" does it take to shift and steer straight? Possibly a lot for a "high hp car" but not a lot for the type of racing most do.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you can die drag racing, obviously skill is a factor.

Even if you mean "motor building skills."

My cousin has a T-type that will literaly walk sideways and try and jump OVER the barrier at "the track," the skill comes in while trying to tame that beast and save your neck.
Old 08-28-2003, 12:33 PM

When someone says, "I went to the track", most people visualize a road course
</TD></TR></TABLE>

that is where we disagree..... i think people visualize whatever they are most involved with either as a spectator or participant.... it is perfectly legit to call any of them a "track" and most people do not do it to be misleading..... i'm pretty sure everytime i see a nascar or irl or cart or f1 or top fuel drag race on tv they refer to the course as a track..... if you look up a race track locator service on the web most of them let you specify which type of track you are looking for.... in fact if you look up 'racetrack' some definitions specify it is usuall an oval!
Old 08-28-2003, 12:35 PM
El Chico

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nsxr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

that is where we disagree..... i think people visualize whatever they are most involved with either as a spectator or participant.... it is perfectly legit to call any of them a "track" and most people do not do it to be misleading..... i'm pretty sure everytime i see a nascar or irl or cart or f1 or top fuel race they refer to the course as a track.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree, "the track," is a relative term.
Old 08-28-2003, 04:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i think the reason we dont want him to list drag stips is because his wing is actually hurting him at the strip.... we want to know if he actually uses it..
Old 08-28-2003, 07:48 PM

Default Re: Some specs from my 2002 NSX and PICS/VID 1/4 mile

Now listen here guys, I looked at this post to see some **** about this guys car. All of you that are arguing about the wing, the track, who's more mature and whatnot....shut the **** up...this is a car forum....not a high school cafeteria. I don't have an NSX, but i feel that the wing isnt too aestetically pleasing, but if its functional, then good ****....i don't drag race (yet) but a drag racing is not as simple as driving in a straight line as fast as your car can go, it does take skill...more or less depending on the level of competition and power of the car, but its skill none the less. and the drag strip is a track, who gives a **** what you call it.......Now wasnt that simple. If one of you guys (involved in the arguing) could have realized this after about the 10th post, you would have spared the many people who viewed this board alot of bullshit reading. but anyways, to get back on topic, nice car, good times, and this is the last time i venture into an NSX forum.
Old 08-28-2003, 08:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Some specs from my 2002 NSX and PICS/VID 1/4 mile (MyMario)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MyMario &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">...and this is the last time i venture into an NSX forum.</TD></TR></TABLE>
You say that now, but you'll be back
Old 08-29-2003, 04:47 AM
Painting Masterpieces

Default Re: Some specs from my 2002 NSX and PICS/VID 1/4 mile (MyMario)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MyMario &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Now listen here guys, I looked at this post to see some **** about this guys car. All of you that are arguing about the wing, the track, who's more mature and whatnot....shut the **** up...this is a car forum....not a high school cafeteria. I don't have an NSX, but i feel that the wing isnt too aestetically pleasing, but if its functional, then good ****....i don't drag race (yet) but a drag racing is not as simple as driving in a straight line as fast as your car can go, it does take skill...more or less depending on the level of competition and power of the car, but its skill none the less. and the drag strip is a track, who gives a **** what you call it.......Now wasnt that simple. If one of you guys (involved in the arguing) could have realized this after about the 10th post, you would have spared the many people who viewed this board alot of bullshit reading. but anyways, to get back on topic, nice car, good times, and this is the last time i venture into an NSX forum.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Quit your bitchin. This ain't no kennel.

I'm actually starting to really appreciate this forum. Hilarious!
Old 08-29-2003, 10:19 AM
El Chico

Quit your bitchin. This ain't no kennel.

I'm actually starting to really appreciate this forum. Hilarious!</TD></TR></TABLE>

When even KILLS can't entertain me, you guys always pull through. :cake
Old 08-29-2003, 10:46 AM

Which tracks?

(Don't list drag strips.)
</TD></TR></TABLE>

This NSX has only seen a road course in TN and an event in north Alabama. I have plans to do many more south east coast track,road course events when work slows down a bit. This is my 4th NSX. With my first 3 I visited Taladega, Atlanta, Sebring, B'ham tracks. If we want to turn back the clock a bit, in my Mustang days I did 10 times that in one season. Oh and by the way the above tracks are not drag strips!
Old 08-29-2003, 12:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Some specs from my 2002 NSX and PICS/VID 1/4 mile (02NSXU)

bad *** nsx still i´d get rid of the NAWWWWWWS
Old 08-29-2003, 01:55 PM

Default Re: Some specs from my 2002 NSX and PICS/VID 1/4 mile (RedR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RedR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">bad *** nsx still i´d get rid of the NAWWWWWWS </TD></TR></TABLE>

What the hell is NAWWWWWWS? I heard this mentioned in a movie once, then I heard this saying at a car show. I did not know my NSX had this item. Can you please point it out for me.
Thanks

Modified by 02NSXU at 11:22 PM 8/29/2003
Old 08-29-2003, 01:57 PM
El Chico

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 02NSXU &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

What the hell is NAWWWWWWS? I heard this mentioned in a movie once, then I heard this saying at a car show. I did not my NSX had this item. Can you please point it out for me.
Thanks </TD></TR></TABLE>

God I hope you are joking.
Old 08-29-2003, 02:20 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Knightsport &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

God I hope you are joking. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Come on Knightsport...I thought you being "my kind of scum" (Jaba the Hut 83) you of all people would get that one.........Nawsssss what a joke.
I have however had Nitrous Oxide or better know as The Juice, The Spray, The Gas, The Squeeze, The Button, on just about every car I have had for the past 17 years.
Old 08-30-2003, 09:27 AM
Painting Masterpieces

Dude, you're wierd.
Old 08-30-2003, 09:36 AM

Dude, whatever

Quick Reply: Some specs from my 2002 NSX