Notices
Acura NSX Honda / Acura NSX 1990 - 2005 || Honda / Acura NSX 2017 -

Sad story with a sad ending for a stolen NSX

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 10:40 AM
H-T Administrator

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Sad story with a sad ending for a stolen NSX

On September 13th a local DSM shop up here posted the story of a customers NSX being stolen.

Originally Posted by Magnus Motorsports
STOLEN CAR ALERT:BLACK 1992 ACURA NSX with Black wheels stolen from Magnus parking lot at midnight. Was pursued by police traveling at a high rate of speed southbound on Keele st. towards Steeles Ave. towards toronto. Please keep your eyes peeled for this car!!
today they posted a bittersweet followup

Originally Posted by Magnus Motorsports

The NSX that was Stolen from our shop 2 months ago has been found chopped to pieces, in a Home Garage about 2km from our shop. RUKUS MOTORSPORTS and their associates have been arrested by the Police. They operate a shop about 6kms from our location. I have absolutely no remorse for what will happen to these individuals who committed this crime. One minute they are your buddies, next minute they are stealing your car and cutting it to pieces to probably to fund their failed attempt at a drag racing hobby. What does this say about our hobby and profession, when people can steal something that someone has poured their hard work and soul into for their own greed. Has your car been stolen? I'd check with them. Please share this with with everyone you know

This whole thing just turns my stomach. I really can't figure out why people think it's Ok to steal someone else's property.

Another NSX bites the dust
Old 11-24-2011, 12:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Sad story with a sad ending for a stolen NSX

i wana just cry now that is so sad people need to geta life and work for there own stuff and stoping jacking people who work there you know what off to get what they have
Old 11-24-2011, 07:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thats just ****ing lame, nice cars being ruined from peoples lust and greed. Sorry to hear that happened but atleast they were caught
Old 11-25-2011, 12:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That's crazy they should get what they deserve. Too many haters in this world.
Old 11-25-2011, 10:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Clayton
I really can't figure out why people think it's Ok to steal someone else's property.
I agree. People these days are real messed up in the head. Judgement is coming.... anway! What I'd like to point out is the fact the car was left outside
Old 11-25-2011, 10:58 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Sad. More info from here. Saw part of this on another site too.

The NSX that was Stolen from our shop 2 months ago has been found chopped to pieces, in a Home Garage about 2km from our shop. RUKUS MOTORSPORTS and their associates have been arrested by the Police. They operate a shop about 6kms from our location. I have absolutely no remorse for what will happen to these individuals who committed this crime. One minute they are your buddies, next minute they are stealing your car and cutting it to pieces to probably to fund their failed attempt at a drag racing hobby. What does this say about our hobby and profession, when people can steal something that someone has poured their hard work and soul into for their own greed. Has your car been stolen? I'd check with them. Please share this with with everyone you know

This if for Some of the idiots out there, who are asking questions about how the car was recovered. First off learn how to read. The car was not recovered, only parts of the car were recovered. They cut the car up in their garage at home... and, police caught them red handed with all of the parts, the chassis had already been sold to a Scrap yard by the pound. Was it worth it to cut up a 50,000 dollar car and throw it out, now they are in jail?

They drive by my shop every day to get to and from work, I would sometimes see there truck drive by. I am also convinced they stole another friend of mines car a few years ago. I used to be their tuner, I would tune their race car. A few... years ago IMRAN showed up with a turbo S2000 that needed to be tuned. The setup looked just like my friends car who had been stolen a few month prior. I began asking a few questions about the setup, and who he bought it from because it looked used. He got spooked and never came back for the tune.

The police also informed me that they admitted to chopping up the car, How could they deny it? the parts were found in their garage at home, with metal filings all over the floor. Now that the cops have been questioning them they have been singing, and they have been chirping, squealing and naming names of anybody else that they could name, so they can try and save their skins.
Old 11-26-2011, 07:13 AM
Reigning GDD Queen

Glad they got caught.
Old 11-26-2011, 05:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw this on FB. sad
Old 11-27-2011, 01:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Rip nsx

At least those pieces of **** got caught.
Old 11-27-2011, 03:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I just went on Rukus Motorsports website and solely based on the site it actually looks like a legit shop. Really sad. Shop owners should always be aware of the type of people that hang around their premises. Unless they're in on it of course...
Old 11-27-2011, 06:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

http://rukusmotorsports.com/ them? If so die ****ers!
Old 11-27-2011, 08:41 PM
Superfly

i know parts for an NSX are expensive but it is that easy to move them once they've been stripped?
Old 11-28-2011, 04:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

that's fcked up!
Old 11-28-2011, 04:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

That's too bad.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

This is super sad to hear. At least they got caught but the worst part is there's more aholes out there who haven't gotten caught yet. I don't understand why these people can't just put the work in and buy a nice car of their own. I guess if they are willing to risk going to jail over some car parts they must really need the money lol.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

omg...i dont know why anyone would do that! what ****in morons!!
Old 12-16-2011, 09:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by sirtef9
http://rukusmotorsports.com/ them? If so die ****ers!

What about this webiste? misunderstood what your point is....

Sorry to hear about the Nsx which was stolen
I wish i can drive one in my lifetime
Old 12-17-2011, 11:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by JDM love MAGana
What about this webiste? misunderstood what your point is....

Sorry to hear about the Nsx which was stolen
I wish i can drive one in my lifetime
Just pulled up that site to see if they were the ones in charge of the theft is all..
Old 01-10-2012, 02:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

death penalty to those who jack cars
Old 01-15-2012, 11:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Wow shame on them... I just went to their website and it looks legit. That NSX looks so sexy its sad to see it gone. Hope they get what they deserve.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I might get burned for saying this...
but i went to Rukus MotorSport just recently to get my knock sensor fixed. This is because i installed my Hondata K-pro and the check engine light came on. when i went for emission, I failed because their computer was having a hard time reading mine... or something like that. A friend of mine said they would do it cheap, so I went to Rukus not knowing about these "NSX chopping" stories. I chatted a bit with the owner, and he didn't seem that bad. He actually talked about how his business' name is tainted and ruined. I asked why and he brought up the story that rumors on the net are saying that "HE" was the one who did the chopping. i didn't really think nothing of it since i just want him to hurry up and fix my sensor problem... To me he had a strong feeling that he "needed" to explain himself.
but listening to his side of the story and hearing it for the first time directly from him just seemed like another mundane shop story. Then few weeks later, i googled their website... next thing i read are these horror stories about them. I'm freaking in shock! but... you gotta understand that i heard it from him first directly.

He said that he bought the parts from a guy who dropped it off.
He said he already knew that these NSX parts were "hot" because it was being sold cheap. He already had that gut feeling that the guy was selling stolen goods. but please bare with me... I kinda understood him when he said, "everybody wants to buy parts for dirt cheap". He couldn't pass on the deal. They were NSX parts! they are not cheap and they are hard to come by.

anyways, he bought them, and thought he couldn't just leave it in the shop lying around, and brought it to his home, until a day where someone could have a use for them. The guy who sold the NSX parts "probably" went around telling everyone that he sold it to RUKUS Motorsport.

Then 3 months after the purchase... cops confronted him. then BAM! This infamous "chopped NSX" story unfolds.

I understand what is being read online spreads like peanut butter. but you cant always believe everything you read. or in my case... i shouldn't believe everything im being told. we dont know the truth of the story. so hold your judgment. if you want really cheap labor... go visit them yourself! just be there and keep an eye on them while they chop~ahem err... i mean work on your car lol.

I'm not trying to defend these guys or trying to speak for them... like i said it's an interesting story for me to go through. I read the "rumors" online and i heard his side of the story first. I wasn't there to witness such an unfortunate event. but i cant say he did it or he didn't do it. the only thing that rings in my head is what he said... "everybody wants to buy (car) parts for dirt cheap"...
Old 03-12-2013, 07:57 AM
H-T Administrator

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

You can say whatever you want. I know this story first hand, and the fact that this guy knowingly bought stolen parts makes him just as bad as the thief, and as far as I am and the law are concerned, he's a criminal and deserves whatever justice he gets. Personally, I hope they throw the book at him, but knowing the Canadian justice system, he'll get a slap on the wrist.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:12 AM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Never, EVER buy parts you suspect are stolen. This story is just a testament to that.

If you buy stolen parts, you are supporting the theft of these cars. You're benefiting from the car being stolen, only you didn't do the dirty work of taking the car yourself.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:43 AM
Painting Masterpieces

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by NOFX
If you buy stolen parts, you are supporting the theft of these cars. You're benefiting from the car being stolen, only you didn't do the dirty work of taking the car yourself.
I don't see how anyone, including the Rukus business owner, couldn't see the obvious logic of this statement.

Here's hoping that the victim get's restitution and the perpetrators get justice.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:31 AM
WestSPEC

He saw the logic, or at least knew the items were stolen, but chose to not care/ignore it. He admitted to buying the parts because they were cheap, and he knew they were cheap because they were stolen. There are people to whom the obvious is not so obvious, but I think it was definitely obvious to the owner of that shop. It's sad because he is certainly not alone with that type of a mindset. There are just way too many shops/individuals out there who do not care where certain parts came from or how they were acquired, and this, in turn, helps support and condone what thieves do; even well known people will look the other way when it comes to things like this as well and/or claim ignorance. It sucks.

Quick Reply: Sad story with a sad ending for a stolen NSX