Acura NSX Honda / Acura NSX 1990 - 2005 || Honda / Acura NSX 2017 -

New NSX

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 08:02 AM
El Chico

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (E-Rok)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by E-Rok &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

ummm....LSx &gt; all V8's. honda would not be able to make a V8 to compete with an LS-anything. you can have all the overhead cams and VTEC you want, but the raw power of the pushrod LSx will still eat it alive.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't agree.

I think if Honda REALLY wanted to they could make an astonishing V8 with DOHC.

Ford gives Chevy a run for their money with their little 4.6 DOHC V8.
Old 01-12-2007, 08:06 AM
EPIC TUNING

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (Knightsport)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Knightsport &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I don't agree.

I think if Honda REALLY wanted to they could make an astonishing V8 with DOHC.

Ford gives Chevy a run for their money with their little 4.6 DOHC V8.</TD></TR></TABLE>

they could probably make one with equal or more power, but it would be bigger, heavier, and alot more expensive to build, like the modular.

4.6L DOHC is a great motor, my dad has an 04 Mach 1 and that thing is pretty damn fast. however the motor is HUGE, outweighs an LSx substantially, and is less responsive to mods.

It makes what 320hp, when LS1's made that to the wheels in 98. hell didnt early northstars (which is a better comparison to a modular IMO) make ~300hp?

I like modulars, even tho the one in my grand marquis is a dog

two things i do like about the DOHC, specifically my dads mach 1, is the exhaust tone, and the fact that it pulls HARD to redline, unlike most V8's
Old 01-12-2007, 08:10 AM
I'm here for the gangbang!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Knightsport &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ford gives Chevy a run for their money with their little 4.6 DOHC V8.</TD></TR></TABLE>

when it's supercharged.
Old 01-12-2007, 08:11 AM
EPIC TUNING

Default Re: (Lewie)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Lewie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

when it's supercharged.</TD></TR></TABLE>

exacly.

my dads mach is nice, handles well, but in reality, its still slower than an LS1 Fbody from 8 years ago

oh wait, this thread is about NSX's.

umm overpriced fanboy cars FTW
Old 01-12-2007, 08:18 AM

Default Re: New NSX (Knightsport)

sounds like it will be good performance, too bad it will be UGLY AS **** LIKE ALL HONDAS AFTER 2000
Old 01-12-2007, 08:18 AM
Abusing my rights one day at a time.

Default Re: New NSX (ityab0y)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ityab0y &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sounds like it will be good performance, too bad it will be UGLY AS **** LIKE ALL HONDAS AFTER 2000</TD></TR></TABLE>

WTF? IMO that's when they actually started looking good
Old 01-12-2007, 08:22 AM
Resident Hoser #1

Default Re: New NSX (Mordekizzle)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mordekizzle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

people buying a Ferrari should not be concerned about interior door panels...the Enzo doesn't come equipped with a stereo for a reason.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Comparing an Enzo and an NSX is just plain retarded though. The price is not comparable and neither is the build quality. People buying a Ferrari should be concerned with door panels falling off. Who in their right mind would spend 200,000+ on a car and expect the car to fall apart. I'm sure they are built better than that but still. Rich people are either the biggest suckers or they have a lot of patience to wait for their cars to be put back together again.
Old 01-12-2007, 08:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Knightsport &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ford gives Chevy a run for their money with their little 4.6 DOHC V8.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The problem is that the modular engines are far from "little," unless you consider being slightly bigger than a big-block chevy little. They are heavy ****'s too, especially the iron-block version that make up the majority of the engines built.

They do sound amazing though, and do very well with forced induction.
Old 01-12-2007, 08:29 AM
EPIC TUNING

Default Re: New NSX (ityab0y)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ityab0y &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sounds like it will be good performance, too bad it will be UGLY AS **** LIKE ALL HONDAS AFTER 2000</TD></TR></TABLE>

classic case of a honda fanboy living in the mid 90's still
Old 01-12-2007, 08:30 AM
El Chico

Default Re: New NSX (CAN97SH)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CAN97SH &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Comparing an Enzo and an NSX is just plain retarded though. The price is not comparable and neither is the build quality. People buying a Ferrari should be concerned with door panels falling off. Who in their right mind would spend 200,000+ on a car and expect the car to fall apart. I'm sure they are built better than that but still. Rich people are either the biggest suckers or they have a lot of patience to wait for their cars to be put back together again.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Like I said, those cars are probably one of seven in their garage. being without one for a few days while it gets repaired is nothing to them I am sure.
Old 01-12-2007, 08:33 AM
Resident Hoser #1

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Knightsport &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Like I said, those cars are probably one of seven in their garage. being without one for a few days while it gets repaired is nothing to them I am sure.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well maybe it's just me then but I would be pissed as hell if I was driving around, especially with some chic next to me and the inner door panel fell off and hit her in the legs.....well unless it ripped her skirt then it would be okay
Old 01-12-2007, 08:37 AM
El Chico

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CAN97SH &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Well maybe it's just me then but I would be pissed as hell if I was driving around, especially with some chic next to me and the inner door panel fell off and hit her in the legs.....well unless it ripped her skirt then it would be okay </TD></TR></TABLE>

I have NEVER heard of Ferrari having issues with door panels falling off. I am not sure where jond even got that from. I've been a FerrariChat member forever and never have I heard of such a thing.

Interriors were always reliable in F cars. It was the motor/tranny/electrical where they had issues but no more. Not since the 360 Modena.
Old 01-12-2007, 08:37 AM
EPIC TUNING

Like I said, those cars are probably one of seven in their garage. being without one for a few days while it gets repaired is nothing to them I am sure.</TD></TR></TABLE>

but it doesnt last for one million years like a Honda y0!

HT fanboy checklist for greatest car of all time:

1. early 90's styling- check
2. VTEC - check
3. underpowered - check
4. overpriced - check
5. MAD RESPEKT from high schoolers - check
Old 01-12-2007, 08:44 AM
rookn00b

Default Re: (TEXNTHREE)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TEXNTHREE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Why is everyone going to a V10 now? And then saying that it is similiar to an F1 race car? F1 is using a V8. V10s don't sound that great anyhow, especially compared to any V8 or V12.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have a special place in my heart for V-10s. More breathing potential than a V-8 and not as long as a V-12. I think its the perfect power plant for a sports car. Its a shame they're putting it in the front. I also like mid engined cars.

They sound great in my opinion. Although the guy in the video is a jackass, just listen to the soundtrack. V-10

http://videos.streetfire.net/v...d.htm
Old 01-12-2007, 08:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Brandon)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Brandon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

This is the big thing. Customers of $100k+ cars do not want V8's, they consider V10-12's manditory, with the exception of Porsche who can get away with flat-6 motors.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

The cars that are priced over $100k and have V8s seem to sell well, those are usually forced-induction though. The 360 Modena/F430 are the first ones that come to mine.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Moto-hashiriya &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If what I was told is correct...Honda will not produce a V8 in a production car as long as they are supplying GM with V6s. Any industry insiders that can confirm this?</TD></TR></TABLE>

They are working on a V8 for the Ridgeline, Pilot, and possibly an Acura(RL?). The motor is being tested in the Ridgeline though.

I can understand wanting to use the many years of R&D and applying it to a consumer product.
Old 01-12-2007, 08:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (xtrac1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xtrac1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I have a special place in my heart for V-10s. More breathing potential than a V-8 and not as long as a V-12. I think its the perfect power plant for a sports car. Its a shame they're putting it in the front. I also like mid engined cars.

They sound great in my opinion. Although the guy in the video is a jackass, just listen to the soundtrack. V-10

http://videos.streetfire.net/v...d.htm</TD></TR></TABLE>

You could say the same about a V6 or V8 though.

More potential than one, not as long as the other. A V12 is preferable to a V16 or a V10.

That arguement can go so many directions...it's a moot point.
Old 01-12-2007, 08:52 AM
Abusing my rights one day at a time.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CAN97SH &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Comparing an Enzo and an NSX is just plain retarded though. The price is not comparable and neither is the build quality. People buying a Ferrari should be concerned with door panels falling off. Who in their right mind would spend 200,000+ on a car and expect the car to fall apart. I'm sure they are built better than that but still. Rich people are either the biggest suckers or they have a lot of patience to wait for their cars to be put back together again.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I was trying to make a point....of course I'd be pissed if the door panel fell off, but to actually belive F's have a problem with their door panels falling off is just laughable
Old 01-12-2007, 09:12 AM
rookn00b

Default Re: (TEXNTHREE)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TEXNTHREE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You could say the same about a V6 or V8 though.

More potential than one, not as long as the other. A V12 is preferable to a V16 or a V10.

That arguement can go so many directions...it's a moot point.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not really. The car will end up weighing a certain amount given the packaging (seats two, trunk size for golf clubs, etc....). In order to meet performance targets, you need x amount of naturally aspirated horsepower (Honda at least). A V-6 is out of the equation, unless you add a turbo/blower and Honda will not resort to forced induction. So its gotta be a 8, 10 or 12. Out of those three, the 10 is the best compromise, in my opinion.

Modified by xtrac1 at 10:22 AM 1/12/2007

Modified by xtrac1 at 10:23 AM 1/12/2007
Old 01-12-2007, 09:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Lewie)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Lewie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I HIGHLY doubt that. GM is not afraid of any V8 engines. </TD></TR></TABLE>

maybe not anything from Ford or Chrysler
Old 01-12-2007, 09:22 AM
EPIC TUNING

Default Re: (FUCATYPR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FUCATYPR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

maybe not anything from Ford or Chrysler</TD></TR></TABLE>

name a V8 that can even touch an LS series V8, aside from a Ferarri or the like.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:23 AM
El Chico

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by xtrac1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Not really. The car will end up weighing a certain amount given the packaging (seats two, trunk size for golf clubs, etc....). In order to meet performance targets, you need x amount of naturally aspirated horsepower (Honda at least). A V-6 is out of the equation, unless you add a turbo/blower and Honda will not resort for forced induction. So its gotta be a 8, 10 or 12. Out of those three, the 10 is the best compromise, in my opinion.

Modified by xtrac1 at 10:22 AM 1/12/2007</TD></TR></TABLE>

Honda is delving into forced induction now. FWIW.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:24 AM
El Chico

Default Re: (E-Rok)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by E-Rok &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

name a V8 that can even touch an LS series V8, aside from a Ferarri or the like.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I think he is inferring that the import brands are starting to challenge that.

Hell, Toyota already has a serious V8 or two and so does Nissan. Not to mention the Euro brands that have been offering V8's for awhile now.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:25 AM
rookn00b

Not for the NSX. But yea, the RDX has a turbocharger.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:29 AM
El Chico

Not for the NSX. But yea, the RDX has a turbocharger. </TD></TR></TABLE>

That's what I said, they've thrown away their aversion to turbo cars.

A lot of marques are going to turbo's.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:31 AM
EPIC TUNING

I think he is inferring that the import brands are starting to challenge that.

Hell, Toyota already has a serious V8 or two and so does Nissan. Not to mention the Euro brands that have been offering V8's for awhile now.</TD></TR></TABLE>

but he made it sound like the import V8's are killing the LS. when thast is not the case.

Quick Reply: New NSX