Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

Who in this forum has the spoon sports sport exhaust on their itr?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2001, 09:33 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who in this forum has the spoon sports sport exhaust on their itr?

I know someone has this system on their itr because I remember reading the post. I tried the search, and nothing came up. Anyway, whoever has this exhaust or has heard this exhaust before, can you please explain the sound in detail please? If so, can you compare it to any other exhausts like the classic RSR? Thanks for your time.
JT
Old 07-27-2001, 09:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Who in this forum has the spoon sports sport exhaust on their itr? (Acura97GSR)

It is ME...who has this exhaust... hahaa.

though I traded with my friend with a Zigen 304 Speed for track day...this is my impression.

I have had two of the Sport mufflers before. Spoon has currently released their newest version which I have not yet tested and probably won't due to the price!

The old version (I have) is a smaller can and the tip is also longer as a result. Pros about this design is the fact it follows Spoon's quest for weight loss. Cons are sometimes the people's opinion on its appearance.

The new can is certainly larger and feels about the same weight as stock! If you do place an order for one now, I'm pretty sure you will get the new version especially if you get it from AJR.

As far as the sound goes.... it is very mellow. I'd say it sounds better than Mugen twinloop I had and managed to drive on before. I'd certainly say it is no louder than 15% over stock. What's odd is my new Sport muffler wasn't as loud as the one I had before. It is probably due to the fact I haven't broken it in yet. The new one I had sounds VERY stock. There is like.....NO NOISE!

With that said, I like the Vision/RSR better for sound. As far as perf. goes, I can't really comment, because I drove the Vision on my friend's EG6....

I also dynoed it and for the price I dun really feel it is worth it.... but in all fairness when I tested it.... the muffler was the only piece I put on. I'm sure it would fair a bit better with the rest of the breathing pieces....

But then it wouldn't really prove that this one single piece made a diff now would it?
Old 07-27-2001, 09:53 AM
Trial User

Default Re: Who in this forum has the spoon sports sport exhaust on their itr? (RagingAngel)

Thank you very much for your reply. So are you saying that the classic RSR system produces a better sound? What about loudness. I have heard a classic RSR before. You say you have also, so which is quieter? And also, how is the spoon system at cruising speeds, any droning or anything? Thanks for you help, I really appreciate it.
JEFF
Old 07-27-2001, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Who in this forum has the spoon sports sport exhaust on their itr? (Acura97GSR)

Thank you very much for your reply. So are you saying that the classic RSR system produces a better sound? What about loudness. I have heard a classic RSR before. You say you have also, so which is quieter? And also, how is the spoon system at cruising speeds, any droning or anything? Thanks for you help, I really appreciate it.
JEFF
I like the RSR sound better only because it has more NOISE.... the Spoon is very very much like stock. There is NO droning. Noise is very well controlled. RSR is about 20% louder than stock.... the only reason why I would recommend the RSR is because ...if you are going to pay for an exhaust...you might as well get somthing out of it.....be it power...be it noise.....looks...whatever...

RSR will look like an aftermarket exhaust...Spoon looks like stock....RSR will have noise....Spoon sounds like.... stock! (well at least still for the time being) and powerwise...well....hard to say....cuz I've never had the opportunity to test them back to back....

Any other Qs juss email me..>!

Old 07-27-2001, 11:16 PM
New User

Default Re: Who in this forum has the spoon sports sport exhaust on their itr? (RagingAngel)

loud and destructive is the way to go!

P.S.- no noise makes N1-R crazy.......
Old 07-28-2001, 01:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Hey RagingAngel I saw Ben's Civic accelerating with that SPOON Sports muffler on it before. It gives back-fire too!! 1st and 2nd gear at least, 1>2nd "pop", 2>3rd "pop".....really nice sound man. Been on 97+ Prelude with that muffler on it before. It got sound, seriously, maybe it's ran in already. But under low rpm it is QUIET. Not as quiet as the twin loop, twin loop is just TOO quiet!

After u push it hard for a few months. The tip's color might change, but don't worry it look REALLY NICE!
http://www.spoonsports.ca
Old 07-28-2001, 02:07 AM

Default Re: Who in this forum has the spoon sports sport exhaust on their itr?

N1-R - haha Five Zi Gen Border 304? it sux man

Raging Angel - I've seen the shorter-tip-version in japan recently. I wonder why they make the bigger can do u know?

spoonek4 - huhu bring me the muffler

[Modified by Saga, 3:09 AM 7/28/2001]