Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

What's the worst thing that happened to your ITR since you owned it?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2003, 09:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What's that worst thing that happened to your ITR since you owned it?? (DOSPOWND)

blew twice my pressure plate.... cause of engaging 2nd gear instead of 4th!!
Old 11-28-2003, 10:39 AM

Default Re: What's that worst thing that happened to your ITR since you owned it?? (Denny)

my worst is having not 1 but 2 stollen. planning on buying my 3rd soon
Old 11-28-2003, 11:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What's that worst thing that happened to your ITR since you owned it?? (vteckiller)

A door ding Vonte' knocks on wood
Old 11-28-2003, 01:47 PM

Default Re: What's that worst thing that happened to your ITR since you owned it?? (TurboR1391)

one door ding...
one minor scratch from parking lot bitches...
one theft attempt and 4200$ in damage...
many sleepless nights because of 0204...
getting insurance to make my car look brand new for 250$=priceless

Old 11-28-2003, 01:51 PM

Default Re: What's that worst thing that happened to your ITR since you owned it?? (TurboR1391)

1. door dings
2. 4 dents, 3 in the fender and one in the hood, done by ******s at school
3. little understeerage into a curb...new spindle and hub and control arm and mad curbed up wheel and lip
4. old biatch rammed it in the side with her lincoln continental tank, $4500 later its fixed
could be worse i guess from what ive read
Old 11-28-2003, 02:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What's that worst thing that happened to your ITR since you owned it?? (Hype-aaaRRRR)

Broken into while I was at work. Busted passenger side door glass, dented the top of the same door, destroyed ignition, and stole the bass tube.
Old 11-28-2003, 03:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What's that worst thing that happened to your ITR since you owned it?? (HondaRcB)

Lift Throttle over steer ------> went into soft grassy field new UBC ------> Tires dug in and the R flipped
Old 11-28-2003, 03:29 PM

Default Re: What's that worst thing that happened to your ITR since you owned it?? (HondaRcB)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HondaRcB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">stole the bass tube.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Sorry bout the break in but that's the first references to one of those in years!
Old 11-28-2003, 03:46 PM
i 4

Default Re: What's that worst thing that happened to your ITR since you owned it?? (opie112)

worst thing that happened was that i sold it
Old 11-28-2003, 04:03 PM

Default Re: What's that worst thing that happened to your ITR since you owned it?? (i 4)

rainy day at button willow, someone didnt appreaciate my pass as much as i did...got a little mixed up with him....mostly cosmetic except the header...

the whole side of the car was scraped and broke a headlight and bumper..chunked both wheels

Old 11-28-2003, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What's that worst thing that happened to your ITR since you owned it?? (EPGONZALEZ)

Not waiting for the right r, got fed up and just went out and bought one. It was ok, but the next three i saw were nice stock ones that were better taken care of.

Buying a warantee, what a ******* waste of money

Rings werent properly seated and dealer refused to replace due to previous dumbass who owned..

Bent 16 valves...

Bent both axles after rebuild...

Got hit by gian tent leaving a dent in teh fender..

Some punks jacked my emblems..

It should be all good now, jdm front end here i come..
Old 11-28-2003, 06:33 PM
Paragraph Alert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: What's that worst thing that happened to your ITR since you owned it?? (redx)

Right after I got the car I plowed it straight into a curb a 45mph, bent my front control arms, dented my stock rims, bent quarter panel, and blew a tire. Cause = me being a stupid idiot newb that thought a empty newly developing neighbor hood would be a safe place to test out the R's mizzad handling. Unforunately it was devopled enough to have curbs

Installed a new set of cams and didn't change the Timing belt even though the car had 50,000mi. At 75k the belt jumped a few teeth and bent my exhaust valves.

I've spun it various times out here in the country, but my last adventure sent my ramping over a ditch and slamming the front end into the other side. Somehow the front end wasn't damaged bad and zip ties have it looking better than new. I usually test out new techniques with level grass fields on each side, going slow, but I had gone farther down the road than my usual spot and wasn't paying attention to the ditches when I started to try induce oversteer by trail braking.

The R has been slid and driven down a few thousand miles of dirt roads that splice through the cotton fields.

I'm missing alot I'm sure but most stem from my owning the car
Old 11-28-2003, 08:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What's that worst thing that happened to your ITR since you owned it?? (ActiveAero)

took an exit ramp a little too fast and spun around. hit a marker on the side of the road.

The OEM side skirts were a couple of weeks old. bought a replacement set.
Old 11-28-2003, 09:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What's that worst thing that happened to your ITR since you owned it?? (zygspeed)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by zygspeed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

No, seriously!
It was the project from hell, and still is.
Much to be done to make it "right"!

tHINK OF IT IN TENS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS. (OOPs cap lock).
I'm almost ready to pick another ITR in the mean time. </TD></TR></TABLE>

hahaha I second that! My car isn't a type R (prelude turbo) but after 1 1/2 years of what I've dealt with I wish I could start over - I would do something really crazy like ... an intake.
Old 11-28-2003, 11:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: What's that worst thing that happened to your ITR since you owned it?? (EPGONZALEZ)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EPGONZALEZ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> rainy day at button willow, someone didnt appreaciate my pass as much as i did...got a little mixed up with him....mostly cosmetic except the header...

the whole side of the car was scraped and broke a headlight and bumper..chunked both wheels </TD></TR></TABLE>

.....ahh, track "wear items."

A local guy has a jdm itr front headlight for sale since one of his was destroyed and he bought a new pair... which one do you need?
Old 11-29-2003, 02:13 AM

Default Re: What's that worst thing that happened to your ITR since you owned it?? (sqwerz)

Got TURBO and racing seats and Stolen and rebuit engine AND Paint job AND total Damaged AND Rebuilt JDM and Damage again Non stop THIS time &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;

But I'm still in one piece .......won't stop yet
Type R Lover

Modified by b18c_dc2_type_r at 7:43 PM 11/29/2003
Old 11-29-2003, 07:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What's that worst thing that happened to your ITR since you owned it?? (b18c_dc2_type_r)

car has been keyed down the drivers side a few times and i have about $1100 worth of battle damage to the passenger side from a pesky log
Old 11-29-2003, 09:44 AM

Default Re: What's that worst thing that happened to your ITR since you owned it?? (jaa1311)

5 car pileup on the Schuykill Expressway in PHilly = massive front and rear end damage... Lots of Insurance money later, and she's almost as good as new. Also have had various hit and run, door dings, and stoopid dents... #386 has had a tough life, but she's still running strong and looking pretty good

Old 11-29-2003, 12:57 PM
Collector-o-Guns and Drinker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had two $2k claims while I had #009

1. Got egged, causing paint damage across the hood, roof, hatch lid and spoiler.

2. Had the spoiler stolen, resulting in replacement of the entire hatch assembly.
Old 11-29-2003, 01:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i got mine stripped, could only get better from here ..... i hope
Old 11-30-2003, 09:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

#0106 - stolen, stripped, recovered in NYC then CRUSHED by their Dept of Sanitation without my consent(or the insurance company's)..

#0055 - a couple "sticky" bolts..
Old 11-30-2003, 09:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (mstewar)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mstewar &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">#0106 - stolen, stripped, recovered in NYC then CRUSHED by their Dept of Sanitation without my consent(or the insurance company's)..

#0055 - a couple "sticky" bolts.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

crushed holy SHIAT wtf is that. hope you got fully compisated for that bullshit i just read.

what're sticky bolts
Old 11-30-2003, 10:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What's that worst thing that happened to your ITR since you owned it?? (sqwerz)

The first 2 weeks after I got the car new, same people who stole my civic Si came to my home and try to steel my R. The 31st of December....what a great way to start the new years huh!
Old 12-01-2003, 07:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JUN1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JUN1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

crushed holy SHIAT wtf is that. hope you got fully compisated for that bullshit i just read.

what're sticky bolts </TD></TR></TABLE>

yes, eventually insurance usually paid me.. I hope they sued NYC for that..

sticky bolts.. you know, bolts you can't get off (for one reason or another)..
Old 12-02-2003, 05:25 AM

Default Re: (mstewar)

No need for words............
at least it was on a roadcourse

Modified by EbboyPSi at 9:12 AM 12/2/2003

Quick Reply: What's the worst thing that happened to your ITR since you owned it?