Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

What are the first mods recommended?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 11:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What are the first mods recommended?

I've been with my R since october 06, and i feel like a change should be made. I've done many research and came up with a lot of options on what to do. Since i have a little of money saved up. I want to ask what kind of mod would you recommend? I am going for power > suspension, interior, exterior. my budget varies fromm 500 - 1000..depending how long it takes me to decide what to get money comes and go gas, food, and girlfriend
Old 04-12-2007, 11:03 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Location: new jersey home of wanna be's posers claimers ricers biters and where everyone fakes the funk
Default Re: What are the first mods recommended? (erasa510)

all personal preference reallly....

what goals do you have set for you R?
Old 04-12-2007, 11:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I would start with intake...muuuuugen
Old 04-12-2007, 11:25 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Location: new jersey home of wanna be's posers claimers ricers biters and where everyone fakes the funk
Default Re: (Sfedai0)

i would personally do suspension.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i would first go with trying to free some flow in your car. header, intake exhaust then from there you can decide on what to do.

me personally i love the itr suspension so i wouldnt mess with it but each their own.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What are the first mods recommended? (gosu08)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Sfedai0 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I would start with intake...muuuuugen</TD></TR></TABLE>

x2
Old 04-13-2007, 04:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Driver Education. Way better than any mod
Old 04-13-2007, 04:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd start with the driver.

I still see way too many guys with modded cars that can't handle/drive them well.

Try a few autocrosses if you haven't already. It's eye opening to see what you actually can and can't do at legal street speeds.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What are the first mods recommended? (1GreyTeg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1GreyTeg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'd start with the driver.

I still see way too many guys with modded cars that can't handle/drive them well.

Try a few autocrosses if you haven't already. It's eye opening to see what you actually can and can't do at legal street speeds.</TD></TR></TABLE>
What GreyTeg said is your best bet.
If you can't wait that long, then anything Mugen is a great choice.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

not enough to get anything worthy from that amount.. keep saving money. what do you want from your car???
Old 04-13-2007, 05:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What are the first mods recommended? (vtec.dc2)

Most buy the ITR bc you don't have to mod it. My recommendation to you would be HPDE/AUTO-X. Once you feel you have obtained the ability to outdrive your stock parts, then i would recommend looking into upgrades.

Oh hell... i guess even bolt ons really aren't going to give you extra "uncontrollable" horsepower. As long as you aren't boosting or supercharging i really don't think bolt ons are a "wait for" item. I think your level of experience using mods differs between each individual though.

When it boils down to it though, the ITR is a very solid stock car that needs little to no mods to have fun with. Which is why it is thought of as so exceptional. Brake pads, better fluid, and some SS lines and you have a mean spirited STOCK track car.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:13 AM

suspension first, about a 1 1/2 - 2 inch drop. you can get a decent intake for about $250, aem or something. then save up another $500 and get an SMSP header
Old 04-13-2007, 06:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Dfwdc2R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dfwdc2R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">suspension first, about a 1 1/2 - 2 inch drop. you can get a decent intake for about $250, aem or something. then save up another $500 and get an SMSP header </TD></TR></TABLE>

Boy... it sure is funny how so many of us think completely the opposite.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:23 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jon D &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Boy... it sure is funny how so many of us think completely the opposite. </TD></TR></TABLE>

this is true
Old 04-13-2007, 06:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If your planning on tracking the car, I'll agree with what has been stated, start with the driver and get yourself a few DE's under your belt.

But, just plain old mods... My fav and the one I would do first if I get another R would be the ATS 4.9 Final Drive. It gives the car a whole different character. It's like the car is always on a caffene (sp) rush. From there, intake (yeah... the moogen one) then header/exhaust. (I like the SMSP products myself) The stock sussy is pretty damn good so outdrive that first then mod it. Maybe a 23mm sway for the time being, you could always search for a 26mm bar later if needed/wanted.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Personally I'd go with improving the "office."

The stock seat/steering wheel is just horrible imo. Especially when we have a JDM counterpart to make direct comparison to.

This is only if you want to spend money on parts, though I do agree with autoX/HPDE time

A nice bucket and steering wheel goes a long way in feeling what your car is trying to convey to you over the stock lazy-boy recliner and bus wheel we got shafted with....
Old 04-13-2007, 07:44 AM

Default Re: What are the first mods recommended? (RagingAngel)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RagingAngel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">A nice bucket and steering wheel goes a long way in feeling what your car is trying to convey to you over the stock lazy-boy recliner and bus wheel we got shafted with.... </TD></TR></TABLE>
x2
Old 04-13-2007, 08:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What are the first mods recommended? (Dfwdc2R)

$500-$1000 budget, AEM CAI, DC Header and short shifter on a budget these mods will make you happy, If you wanna blow the whole thing on just an mugen inatke thats up to you. Leave the suspension, exterior and interior stock, you'll thank yourself later!
Old 04-13-2007, 08:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What are the first mods recommended? (1GreyTeg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1GreyTeg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'd start with the driver.

Try a few autocrosses if you haven't already. It's eye opening to see what you actually can and can't do at legal street speeds.</TD></TR></TABLE>

A helmet, Expo 7 driver's spot, and gas/food/wear items should eat up that $500-$1000 budget and you'll be MUCH better off than any bolt-on can do.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What are the first mods recommended? (rcar97)

Yea, I do somewhat agree with RacingAngel; I've been debating on interior also, living in the bayarea, we constantly see jdm interior parts on craigslist (legit or hot as hell). However, I'm more at making power as I am already happy with my suspension. I think I made a few confusions to some, I am not trying to get multi parts with my 500 - 1000 dollar budget. I am trying to blow it on just one or two parts.

I am currently running stock intake arm with comptech ice box + their foam filter, do you think I should be blowing another 700 - 800 on a mugen intake? Lately, I was told Hytech does mass production on their b-series headers ( Not handbuilt), should that be consider?

And yes, the answer to all my question might be within autocrossing, I would probably realize what I really need after I notice what i can do with my R. I love her alot by the way here she is:

Old 04-13-2007, 08:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What are the first mods recommended? (RagingAngel)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RagingAngel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Personally I'd go with improving the "office."

The stock seat/steering wheel is just horrible imo. Especially when we have a JDM counterpart to make direct comparison to.

This is only if you want to spend money on parts, though I do agree with autoX/HPDE time

A nice bucket and steering wheel goes a long way in feeling what your car is trying to convey to you over the stock lazy-boy recliner and bus wheel we got shafted with.... </TD></TR></TABLE>

X1901239814
Old 04-13-2007, 10:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I would use the money on the driver. HPDE's!

If you must have something material, then I would recommend an ATS 4.9 FD. Best mod done to my last ITR. One of the only mod's on the new ITR.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What are the first mods recommended? (Bradstard)

HIDS and track time
Old 04-15-2007, 10:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What are the first mods recommended? (itr1235)

Gucci or Burberry shift boot and HPDE sign up fee.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:31 PM

If I had a Type R, I would invest in security.

Quick Reply: What are the first mods recommended?