Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

What do you guys think of this ITR?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2017, 12:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you guys think of this ITR?

Been toying around with the idea of getting an Integra Type R. It has a bit of an extensive history according to the carproof, lots of renewal, spent its life in Saskatchewan and Manitoba. It was written off for hail damage but then re-registered, I'm guessing as a salvage title. What do you guys think? Has a claim history as well, albeit pretty minor. I've always wanted an ITR, this may be my ticket in.

Thoughts on its value? Mileage seems kinda funny, over 9 years only went up by 13000kms

CLICK HERE
Old 08-02-2017, 12:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: What do you guys think of this ITR?

Wow that thing has been in so many accidents. Yeah looks like they gave it a salvage title for the hail damage. Any pics of the car? How much are they asking? I've owned several nice salvage title cars so that wouldn't bother but the price needs to reflect that.
Old 08-02-2017, 02:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Is there a current for sale advertisement for the car? There was one in that area for sale recently, wondering if it's the same one. Also a hail damage one in Edmonton as well.

It really depends on what your goal is with the car. It will never be a collector value car and most likely just a daily beater or track rat. I'd want to know the extent of the hail damage and further details on the other claims. Value would be tough. Some wouldn't touch it for $2K and others might pay $10K for it.
Old 08-02-2017, 02:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you Canada guys have the cash, that yellow on yellow swedish girl is the way to go!
Old 08-02-2017, 04:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by white rocket
Is there a current for sale advertisement for the car? There was one in that area for sale recently, wondering if it's the same one. Also a hail damage one in Edmonton as well.

It really depends on what your goal is with the car. It will never be a collector value car and most likely just a daily beater or track rat. I'd want to know the extent of the hail damage and further details on the other claims. Value would be tough. Some wouldn't touch it for $2K and others might pay $10K for it.
You're not gonna steal the car from under me are you :p?

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...ationFlag=true

The pictures make it look like it's in pretty decent shape and have all the questions I've asked the owner if checks out with the car proof. It's hard to gauge value based on the accidents and sketchy mileage Accumulation over the last 9 years. For me I would take the car on the weekends too small drives around town and the occasional weekend track day and the odd car show

Originally Posted by INTEGRA00GSR
Wow that thing has been in so many accidents. Yeah looks like they gave it a salvage title for the hail damage. Any pics of the car? How much are they asking? I've owned several nice salvage title cars so that wouldn't bother but the price needs to reflect that.
check out the sales ad above for more pictures. I got him down to $6000usd, what do you guys think?

Last edited by dc5love; 08-02-2017 at 08:26 PM.
Old 08-02-2017, 04:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by dave7
If you Canada guys have the cash, that yellow on yellow swedish girl is the way to go!
​​​​​​​what Swedish girl would you be referring to?
Old 08-02-2017, 05:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If you are trying to buy a Canada R, look at this one:

No Reserve: 1999 Acura Integra Type R Project Bring a Trailer
Old 08-02-2017, 05:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dc5love
what Swedish girl would you be referring to?
2000 Euro Spec Yellow on Yellow ITR
Old 08-02-2017, 05:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Prairie province cars are beat to **** 9/10. Even new ones look pretty neglected from what I've seen. I'd never buy a car from Alberta, Saskatchewan or Manitoba.

I'd check BC or further east provinces for a car.
Old 08-02-2017, 05:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought mine had a colourful history.

$7600 CAD would be a decent deal. I would recommend getting it inspected at a frame or body shop as well a mechanic that knows these cars. JDM front often means a big front end hit.
Old 08-02-2017, 08:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by spsspeed
If you are trying to buy a Canada R, look at this one:

No Reserve: 1999 Acura Integra Type R Project Bring a Trailer
That one has dash lights on aka no airbags, the underbody patch work is questionable. I don't mind a project, but I think I'd be over my head with that one.

Originally Posted by Northernlightz
Prairie province cars are beat to **** 9/10. Even new ones look pretty neglected from what I've seen. I'd never buy a car from Alberta, Saskatchewan or Manitoba.

I'd check BC or further east provinces for a car.
Why do you reckon that? The carproof shows the damage isn't that bad - $2100 being the worst claim. I can stomach that for the price. If it was a $5k+ repair, then I'd start to get worried.

Originally Posted by touringteg
I thought mine had a colourful history.

$7600 CAD would be a decent deal. I would recommend getting it inspected at a frame or body shop as well a mechanic that knows these cars. JDM front often means a big front end hit.
I have a PPI scheduled for Friday so hoepfully that works out. I know these cars pretty well, and even a minor dent in the rad support could warrant for a front end swap. Theres no value on the front end hit collision insurance claim in 2015, so you may be right on that.
Old 08-03-2017, 08:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The car is far from a collector so mileage and whatnot shouldn't really matter. Structural integrity(rust and previous repair work) and mechanical health should be the primary concerns. A closer in-person inspection or professional inspection would paint a clearer pictures. Rest assured that I have no intentions of buying the car at all.
Old 08-06-2017, 06:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Is this the one with jdm front and painted black civic si wheels?