Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

Watkin's Glen 2005 NASA-NE Roll-Call, stokin the fires and ready to cook something or someone!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 09:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (thk)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by thk &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Here is a short clip of one lap around WG full in the rain. Drove like a limp wristed girly man (then again, I always drive like a limp wristed girly man) because I was trading the damned thing in a month after the event. The last track event I did with my old Hype R. *tear*

http://www.walrus.com/~thk/videos/WGI-Wet-Full.wmv - Right click and save as please. kkthnx.

I can also encode the "NASCAR" configuration in the rain but I'm hoping that we can skip that part this year too.</TD></TR></TABLE>

And this is what happens when you push the envelope at watkins + rain + azenis
http://www.we-todd-did-racing....DE%3D
Old 09-01-2005, 09:48 AM
thk
Members Only

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (255.255.255.255)

Err. From what I can tell from the video and sound ...

Seems like lifting in the bus stop and not giving it enough (any) gas during the countersteer. Driver error from my point of view.
Old 09-01-2005, 11:00 AM

smooth steering input (at turn-in) will help also
Old 09-01-2005, 03:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thk-are you following 'the panty dropper'
Old 09-01-2005, 05:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Watkin's Glen 2005 NASA-NE Roll-Call, stokin the fires and ready to cook something or someone! (

Following is the menu for the 2005 BBQ:

<FONT SIZE="4">R-Speed Watkin’s Glen BBQ 2005

Salads:

Roasted bliss potato, rosemary & Kalamata olive salad
Mom's pineapple slaw
Minted cucumber salad

Grilled:

Burgers
Dogs
BBQ baby back Ribs
Tequila and cilantro marinated gulf Shrimp with mango salsa
Chicken kebobs

Dessert:

watermelon</FONT>

As per your requests I more than doubled the amount of SHRIMP & RIBS!

Here's the deal though, the price is now $40. a head.

I already spoke to several of you and you were already ok with the price reflecting the requests and a small fee to cover my efforts. Our goal is to have minimum 20 paying eaters, otherwise the price goes up. We currently have 18 signed and listed here from Honda-Tech, assuming everyone listed wants to partake in the party and will show and pay.

I've got one email sent to me directly from NASA forums, so that's potentially 19, we'd like to get at least one more, Mrs. Poop is not counted yet so I hope she can make it, otherwise Jeanette will get bored drinking the guys under the table.

As usual it's BYOB, to include ice, and any chips or dip you care for.

So who's down for the Q?

It's time to count.

Sincerely, your Chef

Old 09-01-2005, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 255.255.255.255 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

And this is what happens when you push the envelope at watkins + rain + azenis
http://www.we-todd-did-racing....DE%3D</TD></TR></TABLE>

I almost did that last year too. Thank God though you didn't go off course, or there woulda been some nifty blue striping on your passengers side.

That corner can chew you up if it isn't handled smoothly and correctly. I've seen cars go off into the wall right in front of me. But it's still one of my favorite parts.

I was gonna say let's hope it doesn't rain AGAIN!

But I forgot Oscar was coming.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Watkin's Glen 2005 NASA-NE Roll-Call, stokin the fires and ready to cook something or someone! (

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1GreyTeg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So who's down for the Q?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

When is the Q? 19th?
Old 09-01-2005, 06:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Chris F &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

When is the Q? 19th?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sunday night (18th) while everybody is arriving.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:02 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1GreyTeg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sunday night (18th) while everybody is arriving.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Where? Seneca Lodge? Track? Park?

I should be in for... umm... 5-6 Freezes? (Chris, Tina, Chris, Melanie, Mike, Tanna? Fries).

Depends on time, etc... 7 or 8 would be good. Earlier might be better.

-Chris
Old 09-01-2005, 07:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

At Seneca lodge at the campfire.

Wow 5 or 6? Awesome!

We started a bit early last year but I think around 6 pm will begin all the festivities as everyone starts to arrive.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

uh, anyone need a roommate or actually care to spare some floor space?

None of the R-Speed bastards have decided to offer any yet

PM me.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by thk &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Err. From what I can tell from the video and sound ...

Seems like lifting in the bus stop and not giving it enough (any) gas during the countersteer. Driver error from my point of view.</TD></TR></TABLE>

lifting? lol. yes, i lifted after i was side ways. no point in trying to "save" myself and make matters quite a bit worse...otherwise I would have probably ate guardrail, something im not about to try to do, just to save a corner.

The unexpected kickout was due to driver error, never the less. (I didn't see the small patch of standing water right by the concrete given my poor, and limited tire selection )
Old 09-02-2005, 06:34 AM
thk
Members Only

Anton, more importantly ... where do I send the money? Food! Food! Food!~

Old 09-02-2005, 07:11 AM
thk
Members Only

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 255.255.255.255 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">lifting? lol. yes, i lifted after i was side ways. no point in trying to "save" myself and make matters quite a bit worse...otherwise I would have probably ate guardrail, something im not about to try to do, just to save a corner.

The unexpected kickout was due to driver error, never the less. (I didn't see the small patch of standing water right by the concrete given my poor, and limited tire selection )</TD></TR></TABLE>

Nevermind. Keep driving like you always do. I was just trying to help you out.

But instead of making constant excuses why you go off every track day, I would reevaluate why you're going off.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Lo-Buck EF &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
count me in for smoke screen option. definately a spy hunter option vehicle</TD></TR></TABLE>

I guess I must have the deluxe version of the spy hunter vehicle option. I was even black flagged for it at the last event

Stupid Honda rings
Old 09-02-2005, 09:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by thk &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Anton, more importantly ... where do I send the money? Food! Food! Food!~

</TD></TR></TABLE>

There are two ways to do it.

1) Marc could collect through Paypal? (if that's ok with you Marc and only if someone requests this method).

&

2) Marc can collect the cash at the BBQ on Sunday night, which is perfectly fine with me as I will have purchased everything through work and have a net 30 day billing period.

I request those of you who signed up and paid for the HPDE on the first page to let us know if they are commited to the BBQ, in which case I will put "BBQ" next to their SN in the tally so we can keep track and send Opie after you with the looby if collection is necessary

TIA
Old 09-02-2005, 09:58 AM
thk
Members Only

Add me to the BBQ. Like I said in the first page ... I'm there for the SHRIMP! The on track activities is just a bonus.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:04 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by thk &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

But instead of making constant excuses why you go off every track day, I would reevaluate why you're going off.</TD></TR></TABLE>

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHA. Nice one. Truth Hurts.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by thk &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

But instead of making constant excuses why you go off every track day, I would reevaluate why you're going off.</TD></TR></TABLE>

actually, i don't go off every track day. These days, very seldom. Trying to help me out? thats real funny, being rude and arrogant by making such a unsubstantiated claim like your quote above.

As i recall, track record to track record... i havent had an accident on track yet, but you have...

If you're signing up for HPDE's to "prove" you're faster than someone else, you're signing up for the wrong thing. I go to HPDE's because I enjoy trying out new setups, and just having fun.

and as far as "I throw poop" - don't laugh because you bragged about being on rcompounds and being faster than me on azenis. apples to oranges. you're a tard if you think thats a valid comparison.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:54 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 255.255.255.255 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">this isnt a competition and I've never claimed I was better than anyone else.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't think that's what's been said, but you coulda used more of the "loud" pedal as soon as your butt started coming around... you probably woulda made it through OK. Of course you might have put it into the fence, too.

I like your calm expression in the rear-view mirror, looks like you were ready to take a nap.

-Chris
Old 09-02-2005, 01:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol, just tell me if you're gonna eat the fuggin bbq.
Old 09-02-2005, 02:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (1GreyTeg)

oh yeah. one other thing i forgot to mention about that video:

passenger rear tire lost pressure throughout the session, and dropped down to 26 PSI hot after the session..other tires were at ~40 PSI. Leaky valve stem. I dont think it played a major role in why my *** came around on a stock spring ratio setup b/c I was going only about 70 mph into the turn (cold&rainy), but its just an additional unmentioned factor.
Old 09-02-2005, 03:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Tom, please do me and yourself a favor and quit now.

There are so many ways this post should go constructively and this is Not one of them. I won't let it happen and I will have it modded if it needs to be.

If you didn't expect to get critiqued after posting that, I overestimated you altogether. And I hope that's not the case.

Old 09-02-2005, 06:26 PM

Default Re: (1GreyTeg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1GreyTeg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">There are so many ways this post should go constructively and this is Not one of them. I won't let it happen and I will have it modded if it needs to be.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Anton, what the hell is this wussy crap!

-Chris
Old 09-02-2005, 06:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Chris F)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Chris F &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Anton, what the hell is this wussy crap!

-Chris
</TD></TR></TABLE>

What? Excuse me Mr. non-heel-toein, pass me in the straights, cheatin snail powered, course lubricatin ****.

Alright fine, your car IS wickedly fast.

Quick Reply: Watkin's Glen 2005 NASA-NE Roll-Call, stokin the fires and ready to cook something or someone!