Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

Video on DC2 ITR vs. DC5 ITR!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 03:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Video on DC2 ITR vs. DC5 ITR!

Sorry if this is a re-post. But to the un-initiated, check it out! BTW, there are two video's.

http://video.google.com/videop...ype+r
Old 03-13-2006, 04:20 PM

DC2 > ***
Old 03-13-2006, 04:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Opie)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Opie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">DC2 &gt; ***</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 03-13-2006, 08:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Video on DC2 ITR vs. DC5 ITR! (camlob)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by camlob &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sorry if this is a re-post. But to the un-initiated, check it out! BTW, there are two video's.

http://video.google.com/videop...ype+r</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah it is repost but i still love this vid
Old 03-13-2006, 08:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

love where the video stops and you see the DC5 on 2 wheels after hitting the apex hard! good stuff
Old 03-13-2006, 09:03 PM

Default Re: (JUN.R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Opie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">DC2 &gt; ***</TD></TR></TABLE>
I love that vid! Also just an FYI, those DC2's are far from stock.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (808dc2)

I would hope everyone would know that. I've said it before and will say it again to those that have no idea. The whole point of this match-up was to pit a fairly stock DC5R with some suspension, exhaust and S tires up against 2 highly modified far from stock cars from Spoon and TechnoProSpirit. The DC5s were not expected to win actually, was just to see how they would compete. The video was made like 1 month after the DC5R was released.

Still a good video nonetheless, but mod for mod, the DC5R will own the DC2R. Sorry, but it's the truth.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:27 PM
shit post warrior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (DC5RK20A)

WOW.....I haven't seen this video in ages!
Old 03-13-2006, 09:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

nice vid, haven't seen that before
Old 03-13-2006, 09:54 PM

actually, a lot of top tuners have nearly turned their backs on the dc5r due to their front suspension design (MacPherson struts with very little stroke don't like having the spring rates required to make a FWD car handle neutrally, so any time there is a bump or imperfection in the road the strut runs out of stroke and cannot properly support the vehicle). none of them can get the cars to handle as well as a fully modded dc2r. even Ichishima-san agreed, hence why he starting focusing his efforts on the Fit and Accord Euro-R.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SecretAgent)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SecretAgent &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> none of them can get the cars to handle as well as a fully modded dc2r. even Ichishima-san agreed, hence why he starting focusing his efforts on the Fit and Accord Euro-R.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Funny because the Fit uses McPherson struts up front and a solid axle rear.
Old 03-14-2006, 03:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i think its one modified dc2R vs evenly modified dc5R and the other dc2R and dc5R where stock.
Old 03-14-2006, 05:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (adiDAs)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by adiDAs &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i think its one modified dc2R vs evenly modified dc5R and the other dc2R and dc5R where stock.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I can't believe this statement so i'm goin to wave the BS flag.
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DC5RK20A &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">but mod for mod, the DC5R will own the DC2R.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Like DC5Rk20A stated. there is no way a stock Dc2R is goin to pass a DC5R that is modified on a straight. just not gonna happen.
Old 03-14-2006, 05:41 PM

How about a stroked DC2 to 2ltr? Don't they churn out 220whp? Given the same level of mod's on the head for both cars, with both cars having the same displacement, being lighter, I think the DC2 will give the DC5 a really hard time.
Old 03-14-2006, 06:01 PM

i think the DC2R, mod for mod with the DC5R, that the DC2 would always be better in every department. When someone mentions somethin bout typeR , u always think of the older DC2's, and not the new DC5...and i personally think that its the whole spirit within each car, the dc2, being the 2nd typeR ever built for the public, no other car can do the same, i just think the new dc5 was built more for "comfort" and practicality, rather than pure function and comfort sacrifices more found in the dc2 chassis. I may be wrong...but then again, its just my opinion, in my eyes, only the dc2 will be the real true "typeR".
Old 03-14-2006, 07:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (adiDAs)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by adiDAs &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i think its one modified dc2R vs evenly modified dc5R and the other dc2R and dc5R where stock.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I just said earlier what it was. I am not putting out opinion, it was FACT. The Spoon and TPS DC2s were heavily modified and the TPS and K-One DC5s were modified with tires, exhaust(stock exmani/cat setup) and crude suspension setups as the cars were released like 1 month before this video was made.

jdm_DC2R I respect your opinion, but until you actually drive a DC5R, I can't see how you can claim it isn't a true R. If you are basing it off of the Type S in the US, then you are making a very bad comparison. That's like comparing the DC2R to the DC2 GS-R, doesn't quite work. The only comfort that was on my car was the included AC and the mushy stock engine/tranny mounts. The mounts have been replaced with a solid hard rubber setup and well the AC still exists, though hardly ever used. Everyone I give a ride to in the car comes away with a new appreciation of it, these people mostly being FR types. They can't believe how well the car handles and sticks for being a FF and how it likes to toss its *** out when thrown around hard and not lose composure.

It's unfortunate that you all are unable to drive one, because HoA didn't want to bring them in.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Spoon/Opak have been racing with the DC5R for 3 seasons now, and have dominated. The DC5 has more potential, it's just that most tuners haven't found the perfect setup for the DC5, imo. I love the DC2, btw, I want another one, so I'm in no way biased.
In that vid, the Spoon DC2 ended up winning, and that car was mildly modified. Stock, balanced Type R internals.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:07 PM
AMG
Honda-Tech Member

yes.

Video Quality
Old 03-14-2006, 07:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DC5RK20A &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I just said earlier what it was. I am not putting out opinion, it was FACT. The Spoon and TPS DC2s were heavily modified and the TPS and K-One DC5s were modified with tires, exhaust(stock exmani/cat setup) and crude suspension setups as the cars were released like 1 month before this video was made.

jdm_DC2R I respect your opinion, but until you actually drive a DC5R, I can't see how you can claim it isn't a true R. If you are basing it off of the Type S in the US, then you are making a very bad comparison. That's like comparing the DC2R to the DC2 GS-R, doesn't quite work. The only comfort that was on my car was the included AC and the mushy stock engine/tranny mounts. The mounts have been replaced with a solid hard rubber setup and well the AC still exists, though hardly ever used. Everyone I give a ride to in the car comes away with a new appreciation of it, these people mostly being FR types. They can't believe how well the car handles and sticks for being a FF and how it likes to toss its *** out when thrown around hard and not lose composure.

It's unfortunate that you all are unable to drive one, because HoA didn't want to bring them in.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Where are you getting the car specs from? not trying to be a smart *** or anything, just wondering?
Old 03-14-2006, 07:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SpdFrk)

From the video itself, not on this one, but the original, I can read some Japanese.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SpdFrk)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SpdFrk &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Where are you getting the car specs from? not trying to be a smart *** or anything, just wondering?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Also DC5RK20A is kind of' like in JAPAN too

The only thing I really hated of the DC5 RSX-S compared to my R was the bump steer and my car being as low as it was did not help any either. If the DC5 ITR would have ever been released in the states I would pick it up on a heart beat though
Old 03-14-2006, 08:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

listen to DC5RK20A, he actually HAS a DC5R, where you usdm DC2R fanboys just make assumptions based on the crappy usdm Type S

if anything, Peter Cunningham of RealTime Racing once proclaimed the CL9 to be the best handling FF car he has ever driven, including the vaunted DC2R. whether you like it or not, you can't argue with a chassis that is infinitely stiffer in every imaginable way and provides better stability because of the longer wheel base. sure its heavier but we're also talking about a car (usdm TSX anyway) that comes loaded luxury goodies like leather seats and sunroof etc.

the CL9R has the best of both worlds of the DC2R (suspension) and DC5R (K20A). the baseline is, i'd go into debt for a CL9R should Honda ever decided to bring it over

Old 03-14-2006, 08:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well I would HOPE that being several YEARS advanced that the DC5 would be faster with LESS mods than an aged DC2.

stop hating on DC2s just because you have a DC5.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RTW DC2R)

for the records, i don't have a DC5 and i ike the DC2R very very much
Old 03-14-2006, 09:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

RTW DC2R, if that was geared towards me, I'm not hating on DC2's at all, I actually REALLY love them. I just can't stand when people with DC2Rs stateside look down on other cars, with the elitist attitude they have and then dismiss the DC5R without ever driving it. I was going to buy a 96 spec DC2 to go alongside my 5R, but I am unable to own 2 cars with the stupid rules on base and I am not military. My friend with a DC5R bought it since he is married and can own 2 cars. Damn him, haha, but I told him about it, I wanted to see it go to somebody that appreciates what a R is.

Quick Reply: Video on DC2 ITR vs. DC5 ITR!