Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

UPDATE/Stolen R: Some good new and some bad new on the R...

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2004, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: UPDATE/Stolen R: Some good new and some bad new on the R... (obd1_jdm_gsr)

Thats good to know! You know there going to get a slap on the wrist!
Old 01-12-2004, 03:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (r1zen)

Old 01-12-2004, 11:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: UPDATE/Stolen R: Some good new and some bad new on the R... (IvTecR)

I love it when thieves get owned. Hopefully Bubba will make them drop the soap and grab their ankles in prison.
Old 01-13-2004, 12:39 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: UPDATE/Stolen R: Some good new and some bad new on the R... (THAiGuYDc2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by THAiGuYDc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thats good to know! You know there going to get a slap on the wrist! </TD></TR></TABLE>

I feel the same, even the detective said they aren't gonna get much and it'll depend if they have a previous record. Thats BS.

I'm getting a lawter to fight my case so they can get the maximum sentence, and to get a settlement for my car, if I don't get a settlement (b/c they are sticking w/ the story saying they don't know where my car is at), I'll sue the living **** out of all of them. At the moment I haven't been informed if they're minors or not, but either way they're gonna ******* get it.

Another thing is they know where I live, and I don't feel comfortable w/ them knowing that. That kinda sways my decision in getting a lawyer to fight my case, if they fess up and I get my car back then everything will be fine, the problem is... they aren't talking.

So what should I do??, what ever car the motor goes into, hopefully another R shell, but it'll be gated and all.
Old 01-13-2004, 12:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: UPDATE/Stolen R: Some good new and some bad new on the R... (00 FBP ItR)

thats great news! hope to hear some more
Old 01-13-2004, 12:45 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: UPDATE/Stolen R: Some good new and some bad new on the R... (kendogg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kendogg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">thats great news! hope to hear some more </TD></TR></TABLE>
If i get a settlement you SURE WILL...
Old 01-13-2004, 03:18 AM
NAR Cd7 Lude

Default Re: UPDATE/Stolen R: Some good new and some bad new on the R... (00 FBP ItR)

I have no sympathy for them what-so-ever. minor or not. if possible, sue the living **** out of them. to theives who dont know how to work for what they want...
Old 01-13-2004, 04:47 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: UPDATE/Stolen R: Some good new and some bad new on the R... (Stripped Honda)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Stripped Honda &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have heard stories where you may get to keep the guys whole car because it has your motor in it and the cops dont have the means to pull the motor themselves and they arent going to pay someone to do it so who knows you may come up..... also if they dont talk they may have to pay restution to you for the value of your R because they will be held on grand theft auto </TD></TR></TABLE>

Well I contacted the detective today, and he said that my motor is in a "civic". I haven't found out what chassis yet, but hopefully I will at the end of the week, b/c they will call me in to identify that it is my motor.

Whatever chassis it is... I'll most likely sell it, if not then it'll be a drag car.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Stripped Honda &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
either way to lapd and good luck to a local friend</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks.
Old 01-13-2004, 05:23 AM

good ****
Old 01-13-2004, 06:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 00 FBP ItR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I don't get it back till the case is closed and they WILL BE FACING JAIL TIME. </TD></TR></TABLE>

No put them to DIE!!! jAIL is not enough man! they should be treated as a worst threat for automobile industry!
Old 01-18-2004, 11:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: UPDATE/Stolen R: Some good new and some bad new on the R... (xanctus)

i was wondering if they could still identify your motor if they took off the vin plates? what are other ways as proof?
Old 01-19-2004, 12:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: UPDATE/Stolen R: Some good new and some bad new on the R... (GoT HaTcH)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GoT HaTcH &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i was wondering if they could still identify your motor if they took off the vin plates? what are other ways as proof?</TD></TR></TABLE>
the block number is tied together with the vin.
Old 01-19-2004, 04:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

To all HaTcHcRaP owners F%#KYOU get a turbo or some NOS leave the Rs alone Cant stand getting beat by an R so you steel an R awsome the mentality of a crook
Old 01-19-2004, 06:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: UPDATE/Stolen R: Some good new and some bad new on the R... (turboITR#704)

punch the guy who had ur motor in the stomach
Old 01-19-2004, 07:26 AM

Default Re: UPDATE/Stolen R: Some good new and some bad new on the R... (integra type s)

how did the cops happen to notice the VIN? was the search for your car a force-wide deal?! if so, that's great. but wow, i guess you really lucked out.

they just happened to have these guys pop the hood and then check the VIN.
Old 01-19-2004, 08:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Great news

I hope they get what they deserve!
Old 01-19-2004, 11:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

sorry to hear about your ar, hope they get fuckked
Old 01-19-2004, 12:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: UPDATE/Stolen R: Some good new and some bad new on the R... (turboITR#704)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turboITR#704 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">To all HaTcHcRaP owners F%#KYOU get a turbo or some NOS leave the Rs alone Cant stand getting beat by an R so you steel an R awsome the mentality of a crook</TD></TR></TABLE>

You are a tool. You are the type of person that gives R owners a bad name. Just because people have hybrids doesnt mean they are theives, heck some ex-R owners drive hatch's around. You need to get over yourself and place the anger towards theives, not the entire hybrid population.

Old 01-19-2004, 12:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turboITR#704 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">To all HaTcHcRaP owners F%#KYOU get a turbo or some NOS leave the Rs alone Cant stand getting beat by an R so you steel an R awsome the mentality of a crook</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wow, talk about gross overgeneralization. Easy there.... calm down.

I must say that with the exception of Opie... 2003 was a bad year for n00bs. Jeesus.
Old 01-19-2004, 01:33 PM

niiiiiiice. thieves deserve to burn.

DONT DROP THE SOAP
Old 01-19-2004, 09:33 PM

for all the people saying that thieves deserve to die or what not are as bad as they are. everybody takes an choice in what they do to live and some choose to steal and others become employees what i consider being an(slave). if you think stealing is the fast way to get things think again. i am not trying to back up thieves but if you protect your property better this wouldnt happen. everytime i think of improving my car i always think twice because i do not have an garage yet and for the people spending thousands on their car(s) and park outside why dont you spend that money on your own house first
Old 01-19-2004, 09:35 PM

well it was nice hearing that they found who had your motor. i post because i heard by posting more i can finally become an normal user or something like that
Old 01-19-2004, 09:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: UPDATE/Stolen R: Some good new and some bad new on the R... (splitime)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by splitime &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You are a tool. You are the type of person that gives R owners a bad name. Just because people have hybrids doesnt mean they are theives, heck some ex-R owners drive hatch's around. You need to get over yourself and place the anger towards theives, not the entire hybrid population.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

i agree with you splitime

but although he is making a wild overgeneralization, i too see his side.

there are a shortage of "these" motors and an extremely high percentage of those "unscrupulous thieves" or those people who buy from these thieves cant afford nothing more than a cheap hatch to throw their $1000 dollar motor into.

I myself have come across very shady people... alot of them with hatches.

I'd say one out of three hatch owners that do these "Swaps" dont really care where the motor comes from, even if their vin plates are removed and scratched off the block.

edit: even looking at H-T classifieds or any other boards... (well the h-t classifieds are moderated very well from the other boards i've seen) ... how many times you see a $2000 type r swap. or a "this motor fell off back of a truck" crap. i see it and i see many people replying back.

so i see where his anger, albeit misplaced is coming from.
Old 01-20-2004, 12:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: UPDATE/Stolen R: Some good new and some bad new on the R... (Chris N)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Chris N &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I must say that with the exception of Opie... 2003 was a bad year for n00bs. Jeesus.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Haha ain't it the truth, it's hard not to like a guy named Opie
Old 01-20-2004, 08:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: UPDATE/Stolen R: Some good new and some bad new on the R... (Chris93Si)

I have own'd a ITR, had a ITR hybrid stolen....and currently own a hatchback with a ITr motor in it.

I have reciepts for all my ****. So don't stereotype all Honda owners.

I know the saying is true about: Not every hybrid has a stolen motor but every stolen motor is in a hybrid"... But this type of generalization really makes some ITR owners seem as if they are arrogant.....like they are only ones capabale of affording a ITR.

As a former ITR owner I can understand the frustration and stress you guys go thru.

Funny thing is my car is just as much @ risk as the average ITR is.

We all get victimized and we all feel shitty butthere's no need ot bash another group for it.

That said re: the gentleman that said wishing death on a theif makes htat person no better then a theif.......then I'm the most crooked person here.

I've had a car stolen and the anger i felt was unbelieveable....to this day I still get pissed off anytime I think about it.

Modified by Apex i ITR at 9:16 AM 1/20/2004

Quick Reply: UPDATE/Stolen R: Some good new and some bad new on the R...