Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

Unusual moaning type noise from the rear suspension?!?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2003, 03:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unusual moaning type noise from the rear suspension?!?

I posted a few months back about how I was not satisfied from the ride of my Skunk2 coilovers after they were installed by a mechanic. The ride was extremely bumpy, I compared the ride of my itr with the ride of my friends py itr with the same coilovers and stock suspension like me. I thought the coilovers were not installed properly by this mechanic so I had them removed. I had Tokico Illuminas installed in the rear of my itr not to long ago, and remembered hearing that aftermarket shocks such as those could help with making the ride more tolerable. A buddy of mine and I installed them back in. Installation went well, no problems. To my satisfaction we took the car for a spin and the ride was great, such a improvement from the previous ride. I have the stiffness of the adjustable shocks set at 3 right now and about a week after the installation I noticed a moaning type sound from the rear suspension when i would take turns occasionally at regular speeds, and the majority of the time when i would push the car more then the average turn. When I first had the coilovers on for the second time I had the stiffnes set at 2, and didn't notice the moaning type sound at regular speeds or more. I am wondering about the possibilities of the cause of this noise. I think it could be 1.I did not do something right during installation, which I personally don't think is the cause, but am not neglecting the chance, 2. The suspension setting 3 is to stiff for the combination of the coilovers and shocks, and 3. I got in a accident with my car and cracked the rear right axle hitting a curb. It was replaced, the car fixed, and the car drove the same afterwards(before coilovers were installed). I am visiting my mom in Fl right now, and the problem started right before i left, so I cannot adjust the shocks back to 2 and see if that was the cause. I would appreciate it if any of you guys can give me any insight on this problem, if youve had a similar experiance or any of that. All info is appreciated . Thanks, Shawn
Old 08-17-2003, 08:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Unusual moaning type noise from the rear suspension?!? (Shawn)

1) im not reading that.
2) paragraphs are your friend.
3) dear god thats annoying to look at.
4) its probably your wheel bearings if your title is any indication of your concern.