Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

Time to lite a FIRE.

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 10:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Time to lite a FIRE. (Ross R)

I think you guys stirred up the hornets nest...
Old 11-07-2005, 10:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Time to lite a FIRE. (KOALA YUMMIES)

So are we all just watching the fireworks, or??

How long does it take to delete threads and IP ban with this software?
Old 11-07-2005, 10:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Time to lite a FIRE. (330R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 330R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So are we all just watching the fireworks, or??

How long does it take to delete threads and IP ban with this software?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 11-07-2005, 10:32 PM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Time to lite a FIRE. (330R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 330R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So are we all just watching the fireworks, or??</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yup.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 330R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How long does it take to delete threads and IP ban with this software?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't think it takes long at all. I'm sure the mods will clean it up as soon as one of them sees it. They may have all gone to bed...

Rob, maybe trying to "light a fire" wasn't such a good idea, since someone apparently took that a bit too literally...
Old 11-07-2005, 10:41 PM
Oracle of GDD

Default Re: Time to lite a FIRE. (Chris N)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Chris N &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Uh. Who said it was the OG members who were responding to stupid threads? I didn't. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I know. I did.

Regarding that particular issue (bumping dumb threads by flaming), and most others, the "OG" guys bear the brunt of the responsibility, regardless of whether or not newer guys do it. Longer-standing members should be mindful of the example we set.

When people get pissed off about something, they always want to look around, not admit anything to themselves.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Time to lite a FIRE. (Ross R)

You forgot...just move to ITRCA.com
Old 11-08-2005, 03:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Let it ride.
R is getting old so there is nothing else
to talk about anymore.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:01 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Re: Time to lite a FIRE. (H-PIMP)

Originally Posted by H-PIMP
As far as I'm concerned, the future of the ITR is grim. The car will be extinct inside of 5 years..., the car will only be seen on racetracks, or in the hands of a few wise collectors thereafter.
You might be right. The attrition rate is phenomenal.

They make such good platforms for track cars and race cars that the car's originality is gradually destroyed by the owners. Even this owner's car is now really rather inconvenient when driven on the street, and I'm about to undertake the virtually complete destruction of the interior in order to install safety equipment that friends and track officials are beginning to hint very strongly would be a good idea.

We also have to face the fact that the basic platform was first put on the road in 1993, a dozen years ago. Although it's still a nice track car, the fact is that Honda produces much, much stiffer chassis platforms on which to build a track car, now, a full dozen years later. The much maligned EP3, for example, has a five star crash rating and there are many reports of track incidents involving mad rolls and head on collisions after which the occupants of the car just opened the doors and walked out unharmed. The same incidents in a DC2 would probably have had deadly results.

It's old technology, no doubt.

The DC2 ITR that are still making their way into Honda Challenge seem to be equipped with B20 variants and K20 variants. The old red head is becoming extinct as the motors just simply wear out. After five years of racing, a B18C is going to go through all likely overbore options and the owner will need a new block, so he's going to go with a more modern variant that will produce more power...maybe a B20 if he wants to hang onto his computer, or a K20 if he wants the best he can legally stuff into the H1 car and he has the money for tuning and a new computer.

The heritage of the DC2 ITR will live a little while longer, perhaps for no other reason than Ichishima keeps reminding us how great it was, or perhaps because those old Realtime World Champion photos just won't go away.

Although I have no plans to get rid of my ITR at this moment, it has been transformed into nothing more than a track car and this winter it will go into its second overbore build. Hell, it'll be uncomfortable just driving it to that November meet in Maryland.

As for the moderator problem, the owner is aware that there are some moderators who probably should not be moderators anymore because they simply do not contribute anymore.

The owner moves slowly and carefully, though, and just because you don't like the way moderation in your forum is going right now does not mean you are going to be satisfied with his choices for replacements.

For example, he might go with quieter, more tehnically proficent moderators.

I dunno. I can't claim to be able to read his mind, but I know that he is aware of the dearth of active moderators, and I'm sure you can rely on his making some changes at some point, although not necessarily fast enough to make the original poster happy.

Part of the problem is that Internet persona are mercurial and the people behind the persona need to be close to the same as the persona that's portrayed. Another problem is that a lot of well known people just can't seem to make up their minds about what course they want to be taking themselves, in their own private lives, and this is evident in their Internet persona because they go off over nothing very often, or appear to keep changing directions all the time, which would be very confusing to the members generally.

Honda Tech generally is not quite what it used to be. It is disorganised compared to much of its complementary boards, there is a dearth of organised, visible technical resources and new members are stomped into the ground instead of receiving the help they want and need.

So I'd agree that something needs to change...but just changing a couple of names on Forum Stats won't immediately make the changes that really need to be made. That'll give people a momentary relief and an idea that things are changing...but that by itself won't really make the right change.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:12 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Default Re: Time to lite a FIRE. (white rocket)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by white rocket &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
No ****. When I gave my gf a 1996 Integra 4 door I dipped over to the Integra section for some cosmetic suggestions. WOW, what a mistake. My simple "front lip" thread turned into an absolute flame job to the point that it got deleted Trust me, I'm a dedicated ITR member in H-T so I know all about how to ask a question properly, search thoroughly, etc. </TD></TR></TABLE>

If I had the opportunity to make a single criticism, it would relate to that. The board is so huge that each forum's moderators have been allowed to put their individual marks on their forums to the point that one forum's atmosphere will be so very different that you wouldn't think it was on the same board.

Yesterday I kept getting reports from a forum that was a contravention of an individual forum rule that was so weird that I could not in good conscience enforce it, which is a shame.

We've said it before: This is not a fraternity, and it's not a country club. There's no hazing, there's no initiation, and you're not paying a $20-grand membership fee...so we shouldn't act like it.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Honda-Tech.com » Search » 8 topics found

» Recent Topics for the past 14 days

This user is watching and/or has participated in the following topics.

Your search returned the following 8 results.

Well, looks like I haven't been bumping dumb threads at least

Then again, I'm not OG like Ross speaks about.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:23 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Default Re: (Dave-ROR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dave-ROR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Then again, I'm not OG like Ross speaks about.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You just don't look like an OG because you've been banned half a dozen times.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (8k-red-DC2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 8k-red-DC2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I say that the ITR Forum is by far the most healthy of all on these boards.

There are alot of off topic and bullshit posts though, maybe there needs to be a mod who is completely bored and willing to be on here 24/7...?

Overall, I DO think that the members do a good job of policing the threads and almost self moderating or being the "elitist jackasses" that keeps alot of people out. This is how I see it working these days for the good of this ITR Forum.

Dont be so damn hard on yourself rob, its all about keeping things working the best for the good of us all...I think the suggestions are important once in a while.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree. This forum is the most active and interesting of all H-T forums. People have more passion for these cars than any otheron here, including the S2000. I have no problem with slightly OT topics because we are sort of like a family. We have to understand that there will never be another Type R in America, and most of the aftermarket parts are already researched and tested. Sharing pictures, stories, track events and problems is all we have, and I don't see a problem with that.

Old 11-08-2005, 04:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (George Knighton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by George Knighton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You just don't look like an OG because you've been banned half a dozen times.</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL while funny, that's not quite true

Only twice.

And my first account is still here... https://honda-tech.com/zero...=1120

still banned by... GK
Old 11-08-2005, 04:38 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Default Re: (itr341)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by itr341 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have no problem with slightly OT topics because we are sort of like a family. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I wish that atmosphere were generally acceptable across the board.

If you get used to that kind of atmosphere here, you'll get totally annihilated when you post in that same way in the other forums.

It's amazing.

The RR Forum has a generally good atmosphere, and you'll find a good sense of community there, too.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:38 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Default Re: (Dave-ROR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dave-ROR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
still banned by... GK </TD></TR></TABLE>

That's because you are mean and hateful.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (George Knighton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by George Knighton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

That's because you are mean and hateful.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Only to some people. I'm not even mean to 255.255.soup.**** anymore.

But sure, I'll admit, I was an ******* before, and still am. I'm just older now and can control myself a little more.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Dave, an elitist *******...No?
Old 11-08-2005, 05:15 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Default Re: Time to lite a FIRE. (George Knighton)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by George Knighton &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The attrition rate is phenomenal.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm not at all sure that that's true. In fact, I've seen no evidence of it here.

Sure, we regularly hear reports of cars being stolen or crashed. But how many are we really talking about? And what percentage of all cars are being lost? We don't really know. Just because we hear reports of losing maybe 30 cars a year (I'm guessing as an overall average based on what I've seen here the past few years) doesn't mean that they are ALL going to disappear all that quickly. We certainly never hear reports of everyone posting "My car wasn't stolen today or this week or this year". If the attrition rate were really "phenomenal", it would be tougher and tougher each year to get a group to show at the ITR Expo, and we know that hasn't happened.

I just think that these "the sky is falling" claims are unsupported by any realistic analysis of the reports we've seen and heard.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yea I must say I dont like to come around here anymore. I use to be here every day reading and posting. But ever since I got unbanned everyone around here seems to be big jackasses and always willing to flame someone.

The problem is the OG members have so much pull around here. They can do basically whatever they want and be fine. If a new member argues/makes a stupid comment. BAM BANNED!!

Take the thread made by "my_si_is_bluer_then_yours"

There was a little arguement over why he called the original motor a "swap" and everyone got on his case. I mean WTF??!?! Then of course since he argued with big "Dave_B" he got his thread locked and banned.

:thumbsdown:
Old 11-08-2005, 05:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RRa_kcaLb)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RRa_kcaLb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yea I must say I dont like to come around here anymore. I use to be here every day reading and posting. But ever since I got unbanned everyone around here seems to be big jackasses and always willing to flame someone.

The problem is the OG members have so much pull around here. They can do basically whatever they want and be fine. If a new member argues/makes a stupid comment. BAM BANNED!!

Take the thread made by "my_si_is_bluer_then_yours"

There was a little arguement over why he called the original motor a "swap" and everyone got on his case. I mean WTF??!?! Then of course since he argued with big "Dave_B" he got his thread locked and banned.

:thumbsdown:</TD></TR></TABLE>
I can explain that one easily. I simply asked a question to him about it being a "swap" Sounded fishy to me and I was looking out for the other fellows on this forum. So I'm simply inquired about it. He got pissy with me and sorry i believe in the "eye for an eye" way of life. So I gave him **** right back. As for getting it locked, yes I did the get it locked as it was going nowhere and cluttering up the forum. As for getting him banned? I don't have that kind of power for good reason. I never asked nor hinted at that. Just the thread locked and to disappear. Unless you know what your talking about don't get involved. I was tryinig to inquire and help the community, he had a case of diahrea (sp) of the mouth and I didn't like that. I got it locked and helped the community out.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Time to lite a FIRE. (nsxtasy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nsxtasy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I'm not at all sure that that's true. In fact, I've seen no evidence of it here.

Sure, we regularly hear reports of cars being stolen or crashed. But how many are we really talking about? And what percentage of all cars are being lost? We don't really know. Just because we hear reports of losing maybe 30 cars a year (I'm guessing as an overall average based on what I've seen here the past few years) doesn't mean that they are ALL going to disappear all that quickly. We certainly never hear reports of everyone posting "My car wasn't stolen today or this week or this year". If the attrition rate were really "phenomenal", it would be tougher and tougher each year to get a group to show at the ITR Expo, and we know that hasn't happened.

I just think that these "the sky is falling" claims are unsupported by any realistic analysis of the reports we've seen and heard.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I must say that you never cease to amaze me. You'll take a contrary opinion just for the sake of argument. It's appalling if you ask me.

As if anyone here needs "scientific proof" regarding the rate of ITR destruction. Please die.

The forum sees an average of 2 theft threads a week (whether it be parts off of one or the whole car) yet you say 30 cars a year? The core group that attends the expo, also happens to be a group that carefully guards their cars and for the most part are fully aware of the potential perils of ITR ownership. The oblivious 20 year old that just bought a certified pre owned ITR off his local Acura dealer lot last night wont know what hit 'em when his new pride and joy is stolen within days of ownership, after he decided to take his girlfriend to the mall to see Chicken Little.

The ITR is the most stolen "per capita" car in the history of man. Period. And no I don't have stats to back this claim up, common sense prevails here. It used to be that the major urban areas were the honda/ITR theft hotbeds. Now it's all over the place rural/suburban/urban.

And yes George Knighton is right, the attrition rate is phenomenal.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Let's keep the good mods and make me one too!

Black R for mod in 05-06!!! VOTE NOW!!!
Old 11-08-2005, 05:51 AM
Don't call it a comeback

Default Re: (Black R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Black R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Let's keep the good mods and make me one too!

Black R for mod in 05-06!!! VOTE NOW!!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Got my vote!

OGs!
Old 11-08-2005, 05:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RRa_kcaLb)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RRa_kcaLb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The problem is the OG members have so much pull around here. They can do basically whatever they want and be fine. If a new member argues/makes a stupid comment. BAM BANNED!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

For the most part, the "OG" members don't have jacksh!t when it comes to power.

Sure, older members are given a little more room to post random threads compared to newer members, but that's kinda how life is in general isn't it? The longer you are in a community the more "freedom" you have in general.

And what do people consider OG anyways? members from the beginning of HT? 2001? 2002? 2003? 2004?
Old 11-08-2005, 05:55 AM

Default Re: Time to lite a FIRE. (ossabB)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ossabB &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'll officially walk away now and never return</TD></TR></TABLE>

Christmas came early this year on Honda-Tech..

Quick Reply: Time to lite a FIRE.