Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

Tenzo R Type R seats ..... not the rally seats .. Opinions??

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2001, 01:21 PM
Trial User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tenzo R Type R seats ..... not the rally seats .. Opinions??

I was at a track event last night and an integra owner had a red Tenzo R type R seat in his car. It looked really nice! I was expecting crap but these seat felt and looked solid. They kinda are remeniscent of the recaros srd's.
The fabric on them was tough and looked very arbraision resistent.

Does anyone have any experiences with them or have any knowledge about them?
Please give me your comments. I am considering them because of looks, function, durability, and price. Not to thrilled about the embroidered "tenzo R" on the seat though. Can someone talk me out of this? Or agree with me?

Thanks

-Nick248
Old 08-16-2001, 01:30 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Tenzo R Type R seats ..... not the rally seats .. Opinions?? (Nick248)

The seats really do look like Recaros, they would be a cheap alternative but I agree with you that the embroidered Tenzo R logo looks horrible. I called Tenzo and asked if I could get the seat without the logo and they said no.
Old 08-16-2001, 01:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Tenzo R Type R seats ..... not the rally seats .. Opinions?? (Nick248)

Not to flame, but to sway your decision...

First of all, if you want a seat for track events, why the heck would you want reclineable seats? Second of all, I've never seen Tenzo R, but I strongly believe in you get what you pay for (up to a certain degree...) Tell me when you see Tenzo R being used at any sanctioned track events.
Old 08-16-2001, 02:16 PM
Founding Member

Default Re: Tenzo R Type R seats ..... not the rally seats .. Opinions?? (Cosworth)

Tenzo = Shiiite
Old 08-16-2001, 02:18 PM
New User

Default Re: Tenzo R Type R seats ..... not the rally seats .. Opinions?? (TypeRmsm)

haha..yep..u took the word right out of my *** lol
Old 08-16-2001, 07:34 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Tenzo R Type R seats ..... not the rally seats .. Opinions?? (SpoonCivic)

Ha ha ha descision made .......

Thanks guys!

-Nick
Old 08-16-2001, 07:38 PM
New User

Default Re: Tenzo R Type R seats ..... not the rally seats .. Opinions?? (Cosworth)

Not to flame, but to sway your decision...

First of all, if you want a seat for track events, why the heck would you want reclineable seats? .
If your going to spend money and on a budget having a reclinable seat for daily driving would be nice. Not to support though i like recaros.
Old 08-16-2001, 07:42 PM

Default Re: Tenzo R Type R seats ..... not the rally seats .. Opinions?? (Wildohiorice)

if you want less expensive seats, go for corbeau. They're carrera seats are a rip off the Sparco Torino. As far as quality, a friend has a pair of their Targas in his BMW, they are pretty nice. The only problems he has had have been user error, ie people slamming them up and back, and cigarette burns and ****. One time when the tilt mechanism broke, corbeau sent him a brand new seat, so their customer service seems good.
Old 08-17-2001, 07:30 AM
Trial User

Default Re: Tenzo R Type R seats ..... not the rally seats .. Opinions?? (MiGs)

I'm looking for that slight advantage over stock seats. I do daily drive my car so I don't mind the relinables.
One problem I have with the recaros is that I don't fit into them very well. I'm pretty wide-assed!
The TenzoR TypeR's fit perfectly to my wide bottom half.
I also felt that the fabric was alittle more prone to wear than the recaros.

You guys who have bashed these seats, have you seen the Tenzo's up close or sat in them?? I think for the price, you are getting a decent seat.

BUT you don't get the cool Recaro embroidered lettering.

-nick
Old 08-17-2001, 07:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i think people who bash the Tenzo's are doing so just cause they are made by Tenzo...which makes some sense if you look at some of the stuff they make. But for all the good responses, and the fact that you like them, you should go for it. I'll take your R seats
Old 08-17-2001, 08:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm looking for that slight advantage over stock seats.
I would also look at Sparco Roadster. They are supportive competition-like seats.

You guys who have bashed these seats, have you seen the Tenzo's up close or sat in them?? I think for the price, you are getting a decent seat.
BUT you don't get the cool Recaro embroidered lettering.
I've never seen or sat on the seat as stated earlier. I'm sure there are exceptionally good quality items for less... but that's very rare when it comes to automotive parts. Seriously, would you risk a possible bodily damage due to the seat's structure failing? (Tenzo R is not approved by any racing organization AFAIK = does not meet the criteria and they won't spend $ and time to make the seats meet the requirement.) All in all, it's your decision, but I would rather save extra $200 and get sometime more safe, durable and time-tested.