Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

strut bar , what for

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 04:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default strut bar , what for

ok i have an o1 itr, there is a bar right in the middle of the truck when u open up, what is that bar for?
Old 03-22-2005, 05:11 PM

Default Re: strut bar , what for (n2civicsi)

sounds like you need to sell your ITR to someone who knows these things ........
Old 03-22-2005, 05:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: strut bar , what for (n2civicsi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by n2civicsi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok i have an o1 itr, there is a bar right in the middle of the truck when u open up, what is that bar for?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Chassis stiffening.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by flatblkCR-X &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sounds like you need to sell your ITR to someone who knows these things ........
</TD></TR></TABLE>

[Edit: Nice Avatar! Yeah, I'm a wrathchild... I'm coming to get you, oooh yeah..]

Modified by Chris F at 8:41 PM 3/22/2005
Old 03-22-2005, 05:14 PM

Default Re: strut bar , what for (Chris F)

http://www.aj-racing.com/ALEX-...assis

"On the Integra Type R, Honda determined that the trunk section of the chassis was weak enough to require further stiffening. Hence, Honda provided a trunk reinforcement bar for the Type R. Unfortunately, Honda did not do this for non-Type R models. ..... Turn in response is quickened and steering feedback is more direct. Stability during mid to high speed cornering is significantly improved."
Old 03-22-2005, 05:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Heres another good website.

http://www.tuninglinx.com/html/a_bars.html

for a thread that actually has a purpose around here these days.
Old 03-22-2005, 06:01 PM
Daisy... Daisy...

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: strut bar , what for (sneakychaos)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sneakychaos &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Heres another good website.

http://www.tuninglinx.com/html/a_bars.html

for a thread that actually has a purpose around here these days. </TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Chris F &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">http://www.aj-racing.com/ALEX-...assis

"On the Integra Type R, Honda determined that the trunk section of the chassis was weak enough to require further stiffening. Hence, Honda provided a trunk reinforcement bar for the Type R. Unfortunately, Honda did not do this for non-Type R models. ..... Turn in response is quickened and steering feedback is more direct. Stability during mid to high speed cornering is significantly improved."</TD></TR></TABLE>

Those sites are just hand waving explanations. Mind you I agree with them. However, I am curious as the whether any real data, e.g. lap times or skid pad numbers, exist that demonstrate the benefit of strut bars.
Old 03-22-2005, 06:16 PM

Default Re: strut bar , what for (sneakychaos)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sneakychaos &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Heres another good website.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dogginator &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Those sites are just hand waving explanations. Mind you I agree with them. However, I am curious as the whether any real data, e.g. lap times or skid pad numbers, exist that demonstrate the benefit of strut bars.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The original poster was asking about the trunk bar in the trunk of the ITR. I doubt it does much at all, but it's there. Not strut tower bars or swaybars...

IMO the strut bars have more to do with the feel of the car than skidpad numbers will show. Stiffer chassis is never a bad thing.

-Chris
Old 03-23-2005, 07:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would seem to think that if honda put any sort of tie bar in the car then it must do something. Why would honda put in a bar if it did nothing?