Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

So its time to part ways.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So its time to part ways.....

I'm posting this to get some help on how much to sell the R for

Got acouple of PM's so i gotta let people know - NOT LOOKING FOR TRADES, LOOKING TO SELL.

I posted my R before but didnt get anyone who was tooooo serious so im trying this again

for sale 97 CW ITR #015

ill just list the bad things so people have a better idea of the situation

Interior is EXCELLENT
Comes with Recaros

heres the Negitive/build

cracked original block which also messed up the head sooo, i have a GSR block with ITR internals and a new ITR head

Skunk 2 cams
Skunk 2 valve train
All around motor inserts
S80 Trans with Mugen LSD ( clicks when cold on turns )
minor body damage, could use a paint job ( see pics )
Took off the ITR stickers
JDM cluster
JDM steering wheel, no air bag
Needs new cat, rattles

cant think of anything else right now that would say is negitive...i was planning on selling for 9500-10k but want to get some advice

Pic of the body damage, on the panel before the rear wheel you can see the line where i have body damage

Front needs some TLC. paint job

Modified by R015 at 8:00 PM 8/21/2008
Old 08-21-2008, 04:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: So its time to part ways..... (R015)

I think you are asking way too much. Without original motor the value is way down. Also your missing original cluster with original miles, needs body work, it looks to of had previous body work done to it. Basically your selling a rebuild car with a clean title. Id say 6-8k.
Old 08-21-2008, 04:51 PM

Default Re: So its time to part ways..... (jdmeg6b18b)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdmeg6b18b &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think you are asking way too much. Without original motor the value is way down. Also your missing original cluster with original miles, needs body work, it looks to of had previous body work done to it. Basically your selling a rebuild car with a clean title. Id say 6-8k.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ya this is why i'm asking, i plan on selling it but due to the current condition im not sure what a good price is...

Thanks, anyone else?
Old 08-21-2008, 06:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

so does the car run and drive now? Is the gsr/itr swap in currently?

I would estimate around $8k or so as being a fair price. If it is a rebuilt title or salvage take it down to around $6500 or 7k tops.

GL with the sale, 97's are slowly becoming my favorite
Old 08-21-2008, 06:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (ITR-965)

i remember i said in your one for sale ad you had that there was a dent there and you said it was just the pic but you could see it in the same spot in 2 pics lol
Old 08-21-2008, 06:58 PM

Default Re: (ITR-965)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ITR-965 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so does the car run and drive now? Is the gsr/itr swap in currently?

I would estimate around $8k or so as being a fair price. If it is a rebuilt title or salvage take it down to around $6500 or 7k tops.

GL with the sale, 97's are slowly becoming my favorite</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ya the car runs, no issues at all. The swap is in.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ITR.#1446 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i remember i said in your one for sale ad you had that there was a dent there and you said it was just the pic but you could see it in the same spot in 2 pics lol </TD></TR></TABLE>

I thought the guy meant on the fender, front fender.

he didnt specify panel
Old 08-21-2008, 07:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by R015 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">..i was planning on selling for 9500-10k but want to get some advice

</TD></TR></TABLE>
I really don't think you'll get that. If you do, noice

There are more and more clean title ITRs being sold for $8-10k lately.....a few even less than that. Yes, 97 &gt; ***, but without the original motor or even a "real" ITR motor, the value is far less. Just an example, this year an all original (VINs matched everywhere, paint original too) '97, clean title, Florida R w/ 170k miles sold for $9k. CaR did have Mugen strut bars and UKDM wheels. It took the seller a month at least to sell. Buyer came from CA.

For yours, assuming clean title, I'd start at $9k obo and see what kind of response you get. You can always lower it in time.....depending on how much time you can hold out. GL
Old 08-21-2008, 08:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: So its time to part ways..... (Doespike)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Doespike &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I really don't think you'll get that. If you do, noice

There are more and more clean title ITRs being sold for $8-10k lately.....a few even less than that. Yes, 97 &gt; ***, but without the original motor or even a "real" ITR motor, the value is far less. Just an example, this year an all original (VINs matched everywhere, paint original too) '97, clean title, Florida R w/ 170k miles sold for $9k. CaR did have Mugen strut bars and UKDM wheels. It took the seller a month at least to sell. Buyer came from CA.

For yours, assuming clean title, I'd start at $9k obo and see what kind of response you get. You can always lower it in time.....depending on how much time you can hold out. GL </TD></TR></TABLE>

^^^^^ Copy what I was going to say.

To me it's really the block thats going to hurt you. You can have all kinds of aftermartket parts inside the block, but it's a Type R. They are going to want the B18C5 stamp. Sounds dumb, but that stamp makes you a #1 stunna.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

But hey it's your caR. Ask for whatever you want. Type R R worth every penny.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:17 PM
Hi!

Why is it that everytime I see a '97 Type R...I fall over.

Why I ask why?

Good luck on the sale
Old 08-21-2008, 08:22 PM

Default Re: So its time to part ways..... (mn_babyboy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mn_babyboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

^^^^^ Copy what I was going to say.

To me it's really the block thats going to hurt you. You can have all kinds of aftermartket parts inside the block, but it's a Type R. They are going to want the B18C5 stamp. Sounds dumb, but that stamp makes you a #1 stunna.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ya true that....i hurt myself whenever i change my oil pop the hood and see B18C1
Old 08-21-2008, 11:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I would pay $4500 easy for this treasure. No more no less.