Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

SAMCO INTAKE???

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can the samco intake support the weight of a bpi stack and filter without bending???
Old 01-10-2007, 05:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (CXtypeR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CXtypeR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">can the samco intake support the weight of a bpi stack and filter without bending???</TD></TR></TABLE>

I doubt it would bend, but it would most likely sag. It would probably be a good idea to make some type of bracket for the intake end of the tube.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by erikiksaz1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I'm guessing this thing has two benefits, in order of importance: Bling and heat isolation.

Isn't the stock arm pretty adequate in the second department? Hell, it's plastic! </TD></TR></TABLE>

For the most part I think you're right on point. The Samco unit does have a slightly larger inner diameter, will be slightly better for heat dissipation, and also will create slightly less turbulence due to the smoother surface.
Old 01-10-2007, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Ausmith)

post the pix asap please
Old 01-10-2007, 06:44 PM

so its slightly larger than 3"?
Old 01-10-2007, 08:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damnit Clayton. You are condoning to the stupid JDM crowd to bling out their engine bays.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (migs)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by migs &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Damnit Clayton. You are condoning to the stupid JDM crowd to bling out their engine bays.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes
Old 01-11-2007, 06:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CXtypeR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so its slightly larger than 3"?</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's exactly the same size as the stock unit on both ends, obviously, since it is designed to replace the stock unit – it has a more gradual taper than the stock unit, so the overall volume of the tube is a little bit greater.

Here's my list of feature/benefits:

1) Very pleasing to the eye with your choice of OEM black, stunner Red, and cool blue. If you don't win your next show by putting this part on, then you need to buy new floor mats, or perhaps the matching Samco radiator hose set.

2) The inner surface is slightly smoother than the stock unit - the stock unit has that "flex" section near the filter.

3) As I mentioned above the total volume of the Samco unit is slightly larger. I plan to measure the difference this weekend. I'll post the details. The guys at Samco couldn't give me specifics.

4) In theory the Silicon will do a better job of insulating the air from the engine bay heat. When I get my car back on the road (it's winter here in WI) I'll do some datalogs with Hondata to see if the difference is measurable.

5) The silicon is definitely more robust structurally - it does not bend or flex easily. Not that it would happen on this application but the Samco part is much more resistant to deformation from heat and pressure.
Old 01-11-2007, 06:04 AM

now im trying to decide if this is worth it over my aem sri 3"
Old 01-11-2007, 11:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: SAMCO INTAKE??? (CXtypeR)

He king,

I have a DC2 JDM ITR 99 with MUGEn intake.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1797524

Can I have this in RED, $119.99 shipped?? Do you take paypal?

I just got my Samco RED hoses from Passwordjdm, would be perfect match.!!

Easy replacement as i can see, let me know if you have in stock, very interested!!!

Rishi
Old 01-11-2007, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: SAMCO INTAKE??? (Rishiras)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rishiras &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">He king,

I have a DC2 JDM ITR 99 with MUGEn intake.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1797524

Can I have this in RED, $119.99 shipped?? Do you take paypal?

I just got my Samco RED hoses from Passwordjdm, would be perfect match.!!

Easy replacement as i can see, let me know if you have in stock, very interested!!!

Rishi</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sent you a PM
Old 01-11-2007, 11:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: SAMCO INTAKE??? (Kavehman)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Kavehman &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Does King ship internationally ?</TD></TR></TABLE>

i've got 2 packages less than a meter from my left leg which came over the pond from King

i even got some US newspaper material to read
Old 01-11-2007, 12:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: SAMCO INTAKE??? (tartje)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tartje &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i've got 2 packages less than a meter from my left leg which came over the pond from King

i even got some US newspaper material to read </TD></TR></TABLE>

what's in the boxes?
Old 01-11-2007, 12:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CXtypeR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

now im trying to decide if this is worth it over my aem sri 3"</TD></TR></TABLE>

its not. youd have to get a 3" pipe to reattach your filter to, since the silicone tube slips over a hard filter inlet, where your aem filster is soft rubber that slips over an aluminum pipe.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Casey)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Casey &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

its not. youd have to get a 3" pipe to reattach your filter to, since the silicone tube slips over a hard filter inlet, where your aem filster is soft rubber that slips over an aluminum pipe. </TD></TR></TABLE>

The inlet side is bigger than 3".
Old 01-11-2007, 01:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ausmith &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

The inlet side is bigger than 3". </TD></TR></TABLE>

is it big enough to put over the outside diameter of an aem filters' coupling?
Old 01-11-2007, 01:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Mugen Mike)

bookmarked
Old 01-11-2007, 01:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Kengs)

I may have to get one of these in black! In for dyno #s, ha!
Old 01-11-2007, 03:10 PM

Default Re: (Casey)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Casey &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

its not. youd have to get a 3" pipe to reattach your filter to, since the silicone tube slips over a hard filter inlet, where your aem filster is soft rubber that slips over an aluminum pipe. </TD></TR></TABLE>

thats what my bpi stack is for. im thinking it should slip fit inside the samco pipe
Old 01-16-2007, 08:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 01-16-2007, 08:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks, Clayton.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ausmith &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It's a pretty neat part. We've got them available in black...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Ah, my question is answered.
Old 01-16-2007, 03:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (MK Ultra)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MK Ultra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Ah, my question is answered. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yep - black, blue, and red.
Old 01-16-2007, 04:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

is that pic from your eg hatch? was wondering if you could post a pic of the bracket you fabricated to make it fit the eg, tnx
Old 01-19-2007, 12:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

first up, big thanks to the people at King Motorsports; the package was packed nicely and it came in only 7 days (EMS priority), and i live up here in Canadia

i had an AEM CAI prior to this but was unsatisfied with the throttle response so i decided to make the switch to a SRI (if you can call it that). i'll be ordering up a BPI velocity stack to go with the Samco intake arm tomorrow

i'm currently using a generic 3" K&N filter off my AEM CAI. its interesting that the filter fits inside the arm rather than over (like generic CAIs or SRIs)

overall i'm happy that i made the switch because the improvement in throttle response below 4k rpm is very apparent (rev matching in lower engine speeds is a total breeze now), not to mention that it sounds deeper and growlier personally, i couldn't really care less if it makes less power on the dyno, its just a number to me.

i'll update once i receive the BPI stack
Old 01-19-2007, 05:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (fuko)

Nice!

Quick Reply: SAMCO INTAKE???