Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

Porsche Boxster Owner's Perception of the ITR

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2003, 07:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Porsche Boxster Owner's Perception of the ITR (Flux)

These father son moments are the best. Young padawan taking over the master.
Old 12-16-2003, 07:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Porsche Boxster Owner's Perception of the ITR (Angry Joe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Angry Joe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Even most Porsche enthusiasts agree the Boxter is a better design than the 911. I would agree. Too bad it doesn't have a coupe model and more power.</TD></TR></TABLE>

A Coupe is in the works. Looks like a 996. I don't like Boxsters but I saw a picture of the coupe in C & D and it looks rad. 300+ hp
Old 12-16-2003, 08:17 PM
Paragraph Alert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Porsche Boxster Owner's Perception of the ITR (BlackeR2000)

My dad thinks me being into cars is stupid. When I won my first auto-x event he said "I don't want to hear about you doing that again" even when I showed him the tape of what is was about. Says he better not catch me putting any more stuff on my car even though I'm 20 years old, don't live with him, and he doesn't pay a penny on my car.

He also thought me taking martial arts instead of football was dumb and never went to a tournament nor was there to witness my blackbelt test after 8 years of training even though he passed by every night on his way back from work.

Yeah so I just got off the subject there, but thats awesome you and your dad get to enjoy stuff like that.

&lt; pissed at his dad for being a piece of crap. Don't mind me, just being a cry baby.
Old 12-16-2003, 08:54 PM
New User

Default Re: (dc231)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dc231 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yep, Porsche guys are great aren't they. I think we should start a motorsports club for no one but ITR owners and freak out everytime something other than an ITR even tries to enter our parking lot. We could have so much fun with that.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Isn't that called the Honda-Tech Integra Type-R Forum?
Old 12-16-2003, 09:11 PM

Default Re: (buji)

Most of the porsche guys that I know are jerks. They hate what I did to my porsche. Just because I put a chevy v8 in it and they treat me as an outcast.
Old 12-16-2003, 09:15 PM
New User

Default Re: Porsche Boxster Owner's Perception of the ITR (ActiveAero)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ActiveAero &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My dad thinks me being into cars is stupid. When I won my first auto-x event he said "I don't want to hear about you doing that again" even when I showed him the tape of what is was about. Says he better not catch me putting any more stuff on my car even though I'm 20 years old, don't live with him, and he doesn't pay a penny on my car.

He also thought me taking martial arts instead of football was dumb and never went to a tournament nor was there to witness my blackbelt test after 8 years of training even though he passed by every night on his way back from work.

Yeah so I just got off the subject there, but thats awesome you and your dad get to enjoy stuff like that.

&lt; pissed at his dad for being a piece of crap. Don't mind me, just being a cry baby. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Wow, my dad shares the same ideas.
Old 12-16-2003, 10:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Porsche Boxster Owner's Perception of the ITR (B2FiNiTY)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B2FiNiTY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That's great how you can share an experience like that. </TD></TR></TABLE>yup
Old 12-17-2003, 01:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by buji &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Isn't that called the Honda-Tech Integra Type-R Forum?</TD></TR></TABLE>

.....sure seems like it at times.
Old 12-17-2003, 02:42 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by buji &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Isn't that called the Honda-Tech Integra Type-R Forum?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Now that I think about it...
Old 12-17-2003, 03:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Porsche Boxster Owner's Perception of the ITR (Flux)

I think i am going to cry........Thats cool as **** though that your dad and you can have the whole car relationship thing. When i bought my car my dad was bitching about how much everything was gonna cost. HE WAS RIGHT!! But Chris Tucker once said in the movie FRIDAY, "I DONT GIVE A ****".
Old 12-17-2003, 04:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dc231)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by dc231 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think everyone here should attend a few PCA (Porsche Club of America) events. They are usually made up of about 50% genuine Porsche enthusiasts, and about 50% rich people with nothing better to do. And usually quite a few of them get real bent out of shape when someone proposes that anything besides a Porsche can beat a Porsche at anything.</TD></TR></TABLE>

So true...it's always nice passing the porsches

As for my pops - he's come to the last 2 expos & now won't bother to ride with me. I think he knows better I just hope he shows up in Phoenix with the 35' coach again
**edit - page 3 ownage**
Old 12-17-2003, 07:17 AM

Default Re: (BudMan)

Um... my dad would fcking bitch at me if were to drive 90mph.

I wish i had a father with similar interests Great guy nonetheless, but not a lot in common. But hey, we like to go fishing together
Old 12-17-2003, 11:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Porsche Boxster Owner's Perception of the ITR (jaa1311)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jaa1311 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i remember when i first got my R. dad was like its just ricey yellow import . after his first test drive that all changed. now he's ubsessed. ask bluteg; he's talked to him lol </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, kinda threw me back. He knew alot of the specs, etc. about the Type R. Its not everyday that you get to shoot the bull w/ a 40-50 something about integras.

to old men who can be open minded and appreciate these cars.