Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

one of the battery cables fell off... car died, will not start now

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2002, 06:56 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: one of the battery cables fell off... car died, will not start now (eh-D)

i dont really suggest you do this by yourself. it's too risky, you could of shock yourself to death. use a little money to save ur life, tow the car to autoshop and let "experince" people do it for you

Shock youself to death?
yes you have a chance to shock to death, try to understand 12v is the output the battery itself is 120v, either way even 12v with high amp is good enough to kill u.
btw why did acura refuse to help ? you are paying them money are you ?
i still dont understand why them dont help you
Old 06-12-2002, 07:05 PM

Default Re: one of the battery cables fell off... car died, will not start now (GettaluvR)

i had money in hand. they would not work on the car with a vafc in... they said they would have to buy me a whole new wiring harness to even start working on it. i told them, um... forget about the vafc... tehy said they won't do it.

I really need some help
Old 06-12-2002, 07:44 PM

Default Re: one of the battery cables fell off... car died, will not start now (94goldjungsr)

Well I'm shocked(no pun intended) that working on a cars wiring can kill you. While I might be more careful in the future I am still going to work on my car, as I have for the past 15+ years. I've never heard of anyone dying from a car's deadly electrical charge, nor have I known anyone to die. Anyway, thanks for the warning, I will be more careful in the future, as should everyone else.

Back to the problem at hand. Start with the obvious stuff like the battery voltage, fuses and wiring, if you have a multi meter break out a diagram and check out your continuity. Get a friend over. If all else fails find a GOOD mechanic. Dealerhsips
Old 06-12-2002, 08:19 PM

Default Re: one of the battery cables fell off... car died, will not start now (eh-D)

im going to get a multimeter, never used one though. going to get a new sodering iron and a test ligoo... hopefully i can tackle this thing.