Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

Ok...Need some advice on Tire pressure for Saturday..with some new tires I got

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2003, 08:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok...Need some advice on Tire pressure for Saturday..with some new tires I got

Well..tomorrrow if you didnt know..is the Nighttime Drags at Fontana..and Imma go out there..and see what she can do! Anyhow..I just got some pratically new Nitto Drags 205/45/ 16 and just got back..from launching it and it seem to still spin pretty badly ....I had to get back to work ..so I couldnt heat em up or mess with the tire pressure. This is my first experience with these tires..and from what I hear there pretty sticky.
Anyhow..any experience people out there that have em..and know if I should heat them up first..and what type of tire air pressure I should be at.?

My specs are just a pretty stock Type R motor with a 6 puck ACT clutch,jdm header, Carsound cat. and thats pretty much all.

what do you recommend?
Old 05-09-2003, 09:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Ok...Need some advice on Tire pressure for Saturday..with some new tires I got (ScaleExtric)

Heat them up first and lower until you get rid of the wheel hop. Trial and error
Old 05-09-2003, 09:02 AM

Default Re: Ok...Need some advice on Tire pressure for Saturday..with some new tires I got (B2FiNiTY)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B2FiNiTY &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Heat them up first and lower until you get rid of the wheel hop. Trial and error </TD></TR></TABLE>thanks Dennis, I did get some wheel hop..when I launched just now from picking up the car from the tire shop. What pressure I wonder to set it too though.

Where's Reid..I know he is really good with troubleshooting!
Old 05-09-2003, 09:44 AM

Default Re: Ok...Need some advice on Tire pressure for Saturday..with some new tires I got (ScaleExtric)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ScaleExtric &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Where's Reid..I know he is really good with troubleshooting!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Reid is a Ricer...

I'd start at 22psi, and lower it from there until you are happy with the way the car hooks up..
Old 05-09-2003, 09:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I might be there.
Old 05-09-2003, 09:48 AM

Thanks guys for the info..Dennis be there 2:30 if your gonna go..so you dont have to wait in line.