Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

Official NASA-NE WATKINS GLEN Roll-Call: bring your grandes cojones!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (%)

watkins in sept=65 degrees
LRP in November= 30 degrees

Old 08-02-2004, 06:41 PM

Default Re: (Bbasso)

i will ditch LRP and go to The Glen in a heart beat.

not to mention how sux the weather can be at NOV.....Dont u guys have enough cold, low traction LRP
Old 08-02-2004, 06:41 PM

I wish I could make it... I'm just a sucka for lrp even with the cold temps it still get me all warm thinking about it
Old 08-02-2004, 06:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (whOsEvO)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by whOsEvO &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i will ditch LRP and go to The Glen in a heart beat</TD></TR></TABLE>

you said it...

"The Glen"= the real mans track

Old 08-02-2004, 07:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Official NASA-NE WATKINS GLEN Roll-Call: Blue Bushes will own j00! (BlueR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlueR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">When : September 27~28, 2004
Where : Watkins Glen
How : Register at http://www.nasanortheast.org/register.htm

Lodging: http://www.senecalodge.com

HPDE Attendence list:

ithrowpoop
THK (HPDE 3)
1Greyteg (HPDE 2)
BlueR (HPDE 3)
Neomugen (HPDE 2)
R1366
whosevo (HPDE 3)
zeroryde (HPDE2)
.RJ (HPDE 3/4)
Lanceh (HPDE 3)
E46M3BOB (HPDE 1)
kekek-18 (HPDE 2)
Aaron S (HPDE 1)
opie (HPDE 1)
Lo-Buck EF
% (HPDE 2)

Zygspeed (spectating)

slackers:
Boges
smitdog
willard
dan gsr
im in there
ross r
davidnyc
CPR
M3RACER
Chris N
Apexii
Canadian Crew

i will add your name as your post your comfirmed registration and please state hpde 1,2,3, or 4

lets get this roll-a-thon on its way

folks from VA-MD-PA and Canada coming?

Modified by BlueR at 10:43 PM 8/2/2004</TD></TR></TABLE>

I am not slacking... I am instructing! I have had a room reserved for months... slacker!
Old 08-02-2004, 07:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Official NASA-NE WATKINS GLEN Roll-Call: Blue Bushes will own j00! (davidnyc)

solly
Old 08-02-2004, 07:16 PM
thk
Members Only

Default Re: (%)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by % &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">weaksauce rob!

watkins &gt; LRP x3

you can go to any go kart track and get the thrill of lrp...come to watkins where the fun is at...especially since you havent been there! its great!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well. LRP is still a great track. I wouldn't call it a gokart track. I know my butt was puckered royally when I finally got the nerve to do the final turn on to the front straight with just a confidence lift before turn in. Any track can be hair raising/challenging when you get faster and start seeking areas where you can maximize speed (lap times won't be mentioned - insurance and all ).

But I'd definitely would pass up LRP over Watkins (like Oscar mentioned). One, the weather. As Marc mentioned, it's damned cold in November. Two, the bar. It rocks. I mean it.

Your call Rob. Don't let us pressure you into it. But I personally think the Watkins trip is the best one out of the whole HPDE year for us, IMHO.
Old 08-02-2004, 07:20 PM
thk
Members Only

Default Re: Official NASA-NE WATKINS GLEN Roll-Call: Blue Bushes will own j00! (davidnyc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by davidnyc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I am not slacking... I am instructing! I have had a room reserved for months... slacker! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Are you? Uhmmm. Decisions. Decisions.

Scare the crap out of David, Willard or Matt? Although ... I might have to club Matt over the head before he willingly steps into my car @ a HPDE event (or till I get a rollbar/harness).

Gonna be a funnnnnn event.
Old 08-02-2004, 07:39 PM

Default Re: (thk)

The pressure....

So how far is the drive to Watkins from Brooklyn?
Old 08-02-2004, 07:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Bbasso)

Glen &gt; LRP

glen is in the finger lakes region
Old 08-02-2004, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Dan GSR)

Reserved a Room at the Seneca Lodge today for Sunday and Monday night the 26,27th...

Most likely HPDE2 but perhaps 3.....
Old 08-02-2004, 08:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Smitdog)

who needs a roomie? my usually roommate probably isnt going to be available to split the bill!
Old 08-02-2004, 08:09 PM
thk
Members Only

Default Re: (Smitdog)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Smitdog &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Reserved a Room at the Seneca Lodge today for Sunday and Monday night the 26,27th...

Most likely HPDE2 but perhaps 3..... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 08-03-2004, 04:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by davidnyc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I am not slacking... I am instructing! I have had a room reserved for months... slacker! </TD></TR></TABLE>

And I think I claimed you since then no?

Finally getting that chatterbox setup in order. Should be fun to hear your cowboy "Woooooooooooohaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa's & Wheeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaa's" in stereo clarity as you encourage me to own the field.
Old 08-03-2004, 05:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Official NASA-NE WATKINS GLEN Roll-Call: Blue Bushes will own j00! (1GreyTeg)

let's drive the point home a bit more.

hey rob.

the glen lrp
Old 08-03-2004, 07:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Official NASA-NE WATKINS GLEN Roll-Call: Blue Bushes will own j00! (Willard)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Willard &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hrmm... 3 vacation days to hang out with R-Speed at the Glen... hrmmm

maybe a quick trip into the city the weekend before... hrmm</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have an extra room at my house, its yours if you come to NY for the weekend
Old 08-03-2004, 07:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Official NASA-NE WATKINS GLEN Roll-Call: Blue Bushes will own j00! (El Pollo Diablo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by El Pollo Diablo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Vacation days or PTO....</TD></TR></TABLE>

no such thing when you go to sch0owl full-time
Old 08-03-2004, 07:27 AM
Trial User

Default Re: Official NASA-NE WATKINS GLEN Roll-Call: Blue Bushes will own j00! (B18C-Rsi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18C-Rsi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">no such thing when you go to sch0owl full-time </TD></TR></TABLE>

You can't miss 2 days of classes?
Old 08-03-2004, 07:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I might roll up to spectate. can I get a ride along with someone?
Old 08-03-2004, 07:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Official NASA-NE WATKINS GLEN Roll-Call: Blue Bushes will own j00! (El Pollo Diablo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by El Pollo Diablo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You can't miss 2 days of classes?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I work full-time and go to school full-time . Unless one of those days happened to be a holiday for both school and work its hard to accomplish. I only get a weeks vacation for my job which i take every summer! Damnit, i really want to go!
Old 08-03-2004, 07:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Official NASA-NE WATKINS GLEN Roll-Call: Blue Bushes will own j00! (B18C-Rsi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18C-Rsi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I work full-time and go to school full-time . Unless one of those days happened to be a holiday for both school and work its hard to accomplish. I only get a weeks vacation for my job which i take every summer! Damnit, i really want to go!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Now you know how I feel ALL SUMMER LONG (May to September) AND INCLUDING THE EXPO.

Don't skip classes unless you can make it up and don't cut outa work, someone might be depending on you (unless your the Mc Fry guy) Do whatcha gotta do Now and try to plan for it next season. That's what I always say and try to do and why I request my days off, register and pay for these damned things so early. Whatcha think I like registering and paying 6 months in advance all the time? J/K On the other hand if you can safely miss both then the more the merrier!

Oh and Lances take on the following is very true while absolutely Not belittling LRP at all:

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lanceh &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

the glen lrp</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 08-03-2004, 07:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Official NASA-NE WATKINS GLEN Roll-Call: Blue Bushes will own j00! (1GreyTeg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 1GreyTeg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Now you know how I feel ALL SUMMER LONG (May to September) AND INCLUDING THE EXPO.

Don't skip classes unless you can make it up and don't cut outa work, someone might be depending on you (unless your the Mc Fry guy) Do whatcha gotta do Now and try to plan for it next season. That's what I always say and try to do and why I request my days off, register and pay for these damned things so early. Whatcha think I like registering and paying 6 months in advance all the time? J/K On the other hand if you can safely miss both then the more the merrier!

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Its very hard, and i have the utmost respect for anyone who does both. Its time consuming and very stressfull at times, but if i wasn't keeping busy doing both then id just be wasting the time some other way.

&lt;---Who wishes i could be wasting that other time at Watkins Glen
Old 08-03-2004, 08:34 AM

Default Re: Official NASA-NE WATKINS GLEN Roll-Call: Blue Bushes will own j00! (lanceh)

THE Glen School.
Old 08-03-2004, 09:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Official NASA-NE WATKINS GLEN Roll-Call: Blue Bushes will own j00! (Dan GSR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dan GSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have an extra room at my house, its yours if you come to NY for the weekend</TD></TR></TABLE>
thanks.

Just sux because i have to use up 3 days of vacation to make a Mon/Tues event.

I need to visit family on the island and have a place to stay on the north side of the finger lake (seneca falls). tanks for the offer.

altho.. camping at the track would be k00.
Old 08-03-2004, 09:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Official NASA-NE WATKINS GLEN Roll-Call: Blue Bushes will own j00! (Willard)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Willard &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
thanks.

Just sux because i have to use up 3 days of vacation to make a Mon/Tues event.

I need to visit family on the island and have a place to stay on the north side of the finger lake (seneca falls). tanks for the offer.

altho.. camping at the track would be k00.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Will, you can head North and crash at my place then we can head up to the Glen. Anything to help ya out, just let me know.

Quick Reply: Official NASA-NE WATKINS GLEN Roll-Call: bring your grandes cojones!