Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

NEED HELP- fresh ITR rebuild cel code 01 and Positive crankcase pressure?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2018, 07:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP- fresh ITR rebuild cel code 01 and Positive crankcase pressure?

Long story short... My boosted '01 ITR was stolen and recovered a few hour later, but they quite literally "drove it, like they stole it" and burnt 2 exhaust valves and scarred the cylinders. I decided to go back to NA and as stock as possible: replacing the built JDM block I had with the original block and new internals. After 7 months of working on my time off and 2 rebuilds later: I have an oxygen content cel code 1 (p0312) and a TON of air coming out when removing the oil cap. Currently I left the AEM UEGO AFR gauge installed as well as the primary o2, and wrapped the secondary in foil and left it out of the exhaust... I have replaced the o2 sensors and feel I have checked just about everything to include continuity and voltages on the o2 sensor. I ran a pcv delete catch can setup when I was boosting: Moroso Can with 2 lines that plug into my block where the 14mm plugs are (one on the left and one on the top right, and I plugged the bottom right hole. The IM had a vacuum line that ran to the BOV, so I capped that nozzle on the IM since I went back to NA. The valve cover has a breather. Is this the proper way/setup for NA or am I supposed to run a line from the IM somewhere else? Could this be the cause of the cel code and occasional bogging, as well as, this morning I noticed that sometimes the car feels like it's losing power, and when I'm driving and press the clutch to coast to natural, the car shuts down immediately if there's no load (If the AC is running it usually doesn't die when I go to neutral while driving) . I'm planning on cleaning the iavc tomorrow but it was fine before the car was stolen so I dont think thats the issue. Also, I got a cel code p0325 (knock sensor circuit malfunction) yesterday, but I accidentally broke the wire while hooking everything back up and spliced it back together which I'm assuming may be the issue, but havent had the chance to check. Yesterday was the first time I drove it since the rebuild. Thanks in advance for any help or insight...
Old 05-09-2018, 05:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NEED HELP- fresh ITR rebuild cel code 01 and Positive crankcase pressure?

I have done a check with carb/choke cleaner and sometimes it shuts down when spraying on the tranny side along the head gasket from front to rear, but I can't pinpoint an area... no pressure or suction noises, oil or coolant leaks along that area though, what are the odds that the HG is bad causing a vacuum leak?
Old 05-13-2018, 09:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: NEED HELP- fresh ITR rebuild cel code 01 and Positive crankcase pressure?

SOLVED - P0312 Cel code 01: IN CASE ANYONE ELSE COMES ACROSS THIS ISSUE IN THE FUTURE!!!

After an INSANE amount of troubleshooting and headaches after the car was stolen and having to rebuild because they screwed up the motor... the issue ended up being the AEM Wideband... THAT'S IT!!! I went from an AEM EMS back to stock ECU and the wideband was tapped into one of the wires on the ECU which I'm assuming was creating a minor difference in Voltage causing the ECU to get false readings which in turn was over compensating and causing irregular driving issues... All I had to do was disconnect that wire and problem solved and the AEM UEGO still gives me the AFR.

NOW no more cel codes but I still have the idle issue: When the motor is cold the first few mins it runs great, idles at 800 RPM and no issues, but after the motor warms up if there is no load on the engine (i.e if I'm not driving or AC is off), the moment I press the clutch and go in neutral the car turns off. It starts right back up with no issues but idles between 400-600 RPM