Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (Chris N)

My Turn:

Buy Eibach!

haha
Old 07-09-2004, 09:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Chris N)

I know alot of guys have tons of knowledge when it comes to suspensions. Since a lot of you guys autocross or road race. I havent been road racing for a long time and have few experience to what extend a custom suspension was. Since you guys kept asking if they revalve the shocks , the reason i didnt answer cause i needed to find out to what extend they customize a suspension set up.
The reason i mention JIC's was because i seem some cars have amazing results and they all use the same shop . Which set ups there suspension for Road racing. Using DMS, Zeal, Buddyclub and JIC which they do revalve the shocks at their shop, and no is not your typical of the box suspension from JIC. The reason why im comparing the Evo to an ITR , is they both come with great suspension's from factory and at least in the case of the Evo slapping just any coilovers with out the car being properly set up ruins the handleing capabilities it has.
I dont mean to advretise for the shop and like i said before i should of left out the name of it.
Just when you see a car running JIC's at the track and being able to win OTC (open track challange) is very impressive. I have several friends that run as well the same suspension, and are very impressive at the track but then again is not your typical JIC set up. Since they take charge to revalving and changing the spring rate (not JIC USA)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Chris N &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

yea, especially when you aren't staying on topic, badly misunderstanding the issues in this thread, and advertising a company that has nothing to do with this particular situation at all.

But you're right. It's everyone else's fault and we have no right to get upset at someone interrupting a discussion to rep a company who does even revalve suspensions. </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 07-09-2004, 09:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (GokuSSJ4)

this is good information to know and it seems this shop certianly knows what they're doing.

makes you wonder why JIC Japan chose a 3rd rate facility like Zeal motorsports to be their official US distributor rather than a shop that knows what they are doing.
Old 07-09-2004, 10:30 AM
Wai
ProFunction/GT Motoring

Hmm I find it hard to believe that a tuner shop has the ability to revalve a monotube suspension. They are highly pressurized stuff, not a typical DIY job. All the seals, valves, plus a shock dyno and all the associated machinery that are required for dis/assembly of highly pressurized tubes, I don't see how a tuner shop would be able to do that.

AFAIK even King (one of, if not THE best tuner shop in the US) can't revalve or rebuilt the Mugen shocks in house. They need to be sent back to Showa in Japan and all shocks would come back with a "Showa" stamp on them. I read it from someone here on HT and saw pictures of it couple years ago.

Sorry for being skeptical.
Old 07-09-2004, 07:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (Wai)

Wow, I can't beleive that I missed this thread until now but the dates seem to correspond to when I was doing a lot of travelling.

No wonder I have had a lot more IMs and phone calls about dynoing parts. I will reiterate my offer to dyno at no charge any competitive dampers, primarly what I am most interested in seeing are the JDM offerings that people seem to bow down in awe to yet not have any real data to actually know what they do functionally other than look pretty and cost lots of money. Everything will be tested on a computerized Roehrig shock dyno that we use at KONI for R&D purposes. These are respected machines costing in the $20K each range and are relatively new. If you pay the freight to us (pack it well and insure it), I will test for free and pay the return Ground freight and insurance.

Why do I offer this? I simply don't have the budget to go out and buy lots of competitor's dampers and we are interested in seeing what these things do. I will test them and give you a copy and answer any questions that you have. I will also keep a copy of it on file for our records as well. I am not out to start any wars with our competitors and you won't see these graphs posted on the Koni website (at least that is not my plan currently).

If someone has some good stuff out there, the dyno graphs will show and it it is not good, graphs will show that too. This will help people see some real data of what the shock really does with no spin, marketing, word of mouth, image, etc. I promise that all data is exactly as it is presented and we will do our best to get the best looking graph and sample. I will stake my reputation that this is honest data that has not been modified, cheated, etc.. If that is not good enough for someone, you are welcome to have it tested elsewhere as well but I will fully stand behind the graph that is made.

I would love to test the trick KYBs mentioned here or Buddy Club stuff or Tein or any brand mentioned. Bring it on, I would think there is nothing to hide and plenty to be learned. The only caveat is that one shoudl try to know how to read a graph and apply the info and I can help with that info too. Misunderstood or misapplied data doesn't do anyone any good. I have already been contacted by one small shock company (that was a surprise) to test their stuff and one retail company who sells multiple brands to wants a second opinion. Please contact me in advance at 859-586-4100 ext 316 if you would like to have your parts tested. This is totally a side project from our day to day business so I can't dedicate manpower to do nothing but this. We will make every effort to work them in and turn them around as quickly as possible but it may take a few days if people are not free right then to do it.

Modified by CRX Lee at 4:29 AM 7/10/2004
Old 07-09-2004, 08:48 PM
Wai
ProFunction/GT Motoring

Default Re: (CRX Lee)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CRX Lee &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Modified by CRX Lee at 4:29 AM 7/10/2004</TD></TR></TABLE>

CRX Lee replying from the future......

(maybe splitime can send in the KYB when he takes them off the car. )
Old 07-10-2004, 12:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (CRX Lee)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by CRX Lee &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I would love to test the trick KYBs mentioned here or Buddy Club stuff or Tein or any brand mentioned. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Lee, I've got a fresh set of Buddy Clubs (Race Spec, if it matters) coming in any day/week/month now (hehe) ... and I'll give you a call about getting them tested when they finally arrive on/from the "slow boat".

I had a set of these on the past on my ITR in conjunction with 12K f and 14K rear springs, and it was really quite nice.

Thanks, Ed
Old 07-29-2004, 11:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (zygspeed)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by zygspeed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Lee, I've got a fresh set of Buddy Clubs (Race Spec, if it matters) coming in any day/week/month now (hehe) ... and I'll give you a call about getting them tested when they finally arrive on/from the "slow boat".

I had a set of these on the past on my ITR in conjunction with 12K f and 14K rear springs, and it was really quite nice.

Thanks, Ed</TD></TR></TABLE>

Anxiously awaiting the results!
Old 07-30-2004, 04:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RagingAngel)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RagingAngel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Anxiously awaiting the results! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Ditto.
Old 07-30-2004, 04:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Wai)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Wai &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

CRX Lee replying from the future......

(maybe splitime can send in the KYB when he takes them off the car. )</TD></TR></TABLE>

Heh, joo can come help me la.

Do we want to send in shocks that aren't nice and fresh though? I'm running track car rates on the nasty streets of Chicago.... has to be taking its toll
Old 07-30-2004, 05:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (splitime)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by splitime &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Heh, joo can come help me la.

Do we want to send in shocks that aren't nice and fresh though? I'm running track car rates on the nasty streets of Chicago.... has to be taking its toll </TD></TR></TABLE>

MY 02 cents..

Go with an omnipower drag setup or street/sport setup..

depending on what you want? Drag= 18k, Street= 10-8k, sport 12-8k

P.S. If anyone wants set of Buddy club's, i got two sets left need to dump 1150 shipped~ pm me brand new still at buddy club.. on our account
Old 07-30-2004, 08:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (KTeller8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KTeller8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
P.S. If anyone wants set of Buddy club's, i got two sets left need to dump 1150 shipped~ pm me brand new still at buddy club.. on our account
</TD></TR></TABLE>

seriously? PM'd!