Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

my experience with JIC

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 08:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: my experience with JIC (El Pollo Diablo)

one of the benefits from buying suspension from a reputable dealer is proper service, especially when **** happens

RRE has been dealing with JIC's custom set up and have showned great results , as far as custom spring rates is a different issue. Since RRE takes charge and provides with their own spring rates.
Off the shelve items from JIC i know they dont perform as well as they should.
Old 07-07-2004, 08:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: my experience with JIC (GokuSSJ4)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GokuSSJ4 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> one of the benefits from buying suspension from a reputable dealer is proper service, especially when **** happens

RRE has been dealing with JIC's custom set up and have showned great results , as far as custom spring rates is a different issue. Since RRE takes charge and provides with their own spring rates.
Off the shelve items from JIC i know they dont perform as well as they should. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Again. What does RRE have to do with anything.

We didn't buy from RRE. we can't go contact them. We contact the dealer we got our suspension from. He deals with JIC.

We didn't get off the shelf JIC.

You can't read, can you?

If I was a mod, I'd ban you for lack of reading comprehension and incessantly marketing this RRE company.

Also. A dealer doesn't fix the problem, they deal with the manufacturer (JIC) to fix the issue. Well, if JIC doesn't care to meet the customers needs - no one is happy.

reading comprehension please

CUSTOM VALVING FROM JIC. CUSTOM SPRING RATES FROM JIC.

will you please stop with your advertisement that makes NO sense?
Old 07-07-2004, 08:18 AM
Trial User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GokuSSJ4 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> RRE has been dealing with JIC's custom set up and have showned great results , as far as custom spring rates is a different issue. Since RRE takes charge and provides with their own spring rates.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol...so what spring rates are the JIC's valved for?

this is retarded....please stop with the advertisment...so RRE takes a seemingly crappy product and makes it better because they are a reputable dealer? Unless they rebuild the JIC shocks I won't buy that "argument"...
Old 07-07-2004, 08:20 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by El Pollo Diablo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Count to 10 chris...huhu</TD></TR></TABLE>

please !!! damn some one needs to relax
im posting an experience with the same product JIC's being custom tune by a shop. an the great results that they have achieve. Sorry to see this experience with JIC USA but it also shows what happens when some one doesn't know what their doing when trying to sell custom set ups and not providing their customers with what they ask for.
Old 07-07-2004, 08:21 AM
Trial User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GokuSSJ4 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
im posting an experience with the same product JIC's being custom tune by a shop. </TD></TR></TABLE>

no you're not....custom tuned != slapping on different springs

shocks are still crap.
Old 07-07-2004, 08:25 AM

thats the only reason behind the post , i should of left the name of the shop out . Since i have seen several cars run JIC's and have excellent results from it ,
An Chris i was trying to reply to El Pollo Diablo , till i notice that so many people had answer.
by anymeans i dont really care if you guys purchase anything from the shop i mention, it was just an opinion that i stated through some else's experience(that custom tunes JIC's and not of the shelve items) which i know you guys ask for a certain spring rate. Im sure there are better companies out there like Zeal, Mugen and even HKS that you guys rather deal with. An i don't blame you.
Old 07-07-2004, 08:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GokuSSJ4 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

please !!! damn some one needs to relax

</TD></TR></TABLE>

oh hahahaha. wow you got me there.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
im posting an experience with the same product JIC's being custom tune by a shop. </TD></TR></TABLE>

we did not get a custom tune by a shop. we bought JIC's FLTA2-RS, which is by definition (according to JIC) a custom solution... custom valving and springs.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">an the great results that they have achieve./quote]

I dont really know what that means. great results? what data do you have to support this? what exactly do you mean, did the revalve or rebuild JIC's shocks?

[quote] Sorry to see this experience with JIC USA but it also shows what happens when some one doesn't know what their doing when trying to sell custom set ups and not providing their customers with what they ask for.</TD></TR></TABLE>

JIC USA and JIC Japan. Japan built them. Japan sent them. USA tried to remedy the issue and couldn't. Who would have faith to ship a product back to japan when they already fucked it up once?

BTW - JIC sold them to us - wtf are you talking about? trying ot sell custom set ups? it's their Own custom setup.

and based on your last post i'd say you basically had no point other than to rep that shop. which is why i'm so annoyed.
Old 07-07-2004, 08:27 AM
Wai
ProFunction/GT Motoring

LOL I agree with Matt that it is retarded.

RRE deals with JIC *custom setup* --- which means slapping on different springs but keep the shock internal untouched. I wonder how that would qualify as *custom setup*.
Old 07-07-2004, 08:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GokuSSJ4 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">but it also shows what happens when some one doesn't know what their doing when trying to sell custom set ups and not providing their customers with what they ask for.</TD></TR></TABLE>

WTF are you talking about???? since when does a dealer do anything but sell a product. the suspension was "customized" by JIC. the company that makes the suspension.

as matt said, unless this shop you speak of revalves/rebuilds the JIC suspensions you have no ******* clue what you're talking about. as matt mentioned, slapping different spring rates on a car is what JIC considers customizing a suspension and we've all read how effective that is.
Old 07-07-2004, 08:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: my experience with JIC (lanceh)

so,
does JDM suspension fit my Civic

guess I'll shell out the $$$ for some ZEAL coilovers on my FC project
Old 07-07-2004, 08:41 AM
.RJ

Default Re: my experience with JIC (owen_the_soyboy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by owen_the_soyboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">guess I'll shell out the $$$ for some ZEAL coilovers on my FC project</TD></TR></TABLE>

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=878895
Old 07-07-2004, 08:45 AM
Wai
ProFunction/GT Motoring

Default Re: my experience with JIC (magic hat #9)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by magic hat #9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">but i can't believe these kyb's have proper damping from a low spring rate up to 20k springs! it seems too large a range.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually the range isn't that big. From the chart that came with the suspension, the optimal range is about 16K to 20K in front, 8K to 12K in rear (weird gymkhana valving). I pushed the rear up to 16K and the rear dampers started to loose some adjustability.
Old 07-07-2004, 09:44 AM
New User

Wow, I had no idea that resurrecting this thread would cause such a shitstorm...
Old 07-07-2004, 04:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (John)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by John &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wow, I had no idea that resurrecting this thread would cause such a shitstorm... </TD></TR></TABLE>

Eh, it's not your fault. You aren't the idiot here.
Old 07-08-2004, 02:50 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: (Dave-ROR)

Speaking of idiots, whats the verdict on Tein's products? Mine seem to be working great after a year, but I never knew about the quality control issues with springs and dampers. All this talk of these Jap suspensions being so quarter-assed makes me wish I would have gotten threaded body Konis to start with...

Old 07-08-2004, 05:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JDMDA9)

Talk to the Koni guys and VTECVOODOO, I think both have Tein shock dyno results.

Their higher end stuff is fine from what I've heard but that doesn't count for anything.
Old 07-08-2004, 05:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMDA9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">... but I never knew about the quality control issues with springs and dampers. All this talk of these Jap suspensions being so quarter-assed makes me wish I would have gotten threaded body Konis to start with...
</TD></TR></TABLE>

That is a generalization based on a few bad experiences. I have the TODA Racing FIGHTEX coilovers and couldn't be happier. Extremely high quality, great adjustability, durable, incredible damping and fantastic customer service.
Old 07-08-2004, 06:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMDA9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">All this talk of these Jap suspensions being so quarter-assed makes me wish I would have gotten threaded body Konis to start with...

</TD></TR></TABLE>

This is pretty much why I don't like this site, or any web board, any more. Gross over generalizations that people actually BELIEVE.

Just because of this experience, ALL suspensions made in Japan are no good? are you kidding me?
Old 07-08-2004, 07:31 AM
Future Texas Boy

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dave-ROR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Their higher end stuff is fine from what I've heard but that doesn't count for anything.</TD></TR></TABLE>

No, decent at best.
Old 07-08-2004, 09:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (vtecvoodoo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vtecvoodoo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

No, decent at best. </TD></TR></TABLE>

And what sir, do you think "fine" implies? Does it imply "great" or "the best"? Or does it imply "will work" or "they are ok"?

Bitch.
Old 07-08-2004, 11:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I dunno man, 'fine' when it comes to say, EFFECT's mom, or an expensive wine means a lot more than "okay."

Dick.
Old 07-09-2004, 06:58 AM
Future Texas Boy

You queers are still saying "pop" back there, so there is no telling what "fine" means...

Old 07-09-2004, 07:06 AM

Default Re: (sackdz) (vtecvoodoo)

Above are 2 of the best replies to have ever been posted on H-T.
Old 07-09-2004, 08:25 AM

Default Re: (EKology)

some people are very sensitive when it comes to this topic
Old 07-09-2004, 08:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (GokuSSJ4)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GokuSSJ4 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">some people are very sensitive when it comes to this topic
</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea, especially when you aren't staying on topic, badly misunderstanding the issues in this thread, and advertising a company that has nothing to do with this particular situation at all.

But you're right. It's everyone else's fault and we have no right to get upset at someone interrupting a discussion to rep a company who does even revalve suspensions.

Quick Reply: my experience with JIC