Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

Mourning over the loss of a love one, my dog Rocky.

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2003, 10:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Couple SW99 40 Cal. For Ya, Do Ya Really Want It.., NJ, U.S.A
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mourning over the loss of a love one, my dog Rocky.

It's a sad, sad, sad time for me I lost one of my dearest oldest friends, I loved my dog of eight years so very much and it tears my heart apart to know he suffered in his death. I'm trying so hard to think of all the good times we've had, but his death kills me inside like no other has.

Even after watching my Father die, my uncles horrible death, my grandfathers, and a number of close friends pass, I believe this is the death that broke the camels back. I don't know how I could ever forgive myself.

My girlfriend and I went to Ocean City MD for Fourth of July weekend and I had my brother who was staying behind watch my home and take care of my pets. I wasn't there to hear rocky speak to me, If only I could've heard him. I left Friday morning and left the dog outside, and I had his food and water waiting for him inside for when my brother came to let him in, he did so. On saturday around 2pm my brother went to the house and let him out for 20 min. and brought him back in and gave him fresh water and food, just like we asked him to do.

On Sunday my brother went to the house around 5:30 pm and let the dog out for about 15 min. when he went to call him in Rocky ran over to our little pond and started to drink the pond water. After a good 30 sec. of calling him in, he came, but went under the outside steps and did not want to come back inside. My brother called him for 2 min. untill he obeyed and came in. My brother gave him a full dog bowl of water, but notice he hadn't touched his food. My brother found it odd that he went under the steps and didn't eat his food, but didn't know what to make of it, if only I were there to hear Rocky speak.

I didn't know that there was an excessive heat warning going on back home and the heat in my home was slowly robbing my best friend of his life. Monday at 2pm my brother went to take care of the duties I asked of him, but found Rocky dead. Rocky was soaked in his sweat had a little blood in his mouth and had a accident on himself all due to what I believe was a heat stroke. He was given water, but it wasn't enough, and he tryed so hard to tell my brother but my brother didn't understand. But Rocky being the awsome dog that he was obeyed and went into what he knew would be his death.

My brother called us 10 min. after he found rocky dead and asked me to please not freak out, then he broke the news to me. Tell me anything, the house was robbed, the R stollen, anything but not that my love Rocky was dead. I stayed calm till I got all the facts, I asked my brother to make sure with out a doubt that Rocky wasn't still alive. After he checked three times I asked him not to move him or touch anything, that I would take care of it when we got home, and then I told my girlfriend of 9.5 years that our baby was dead.

We left Ocean City MD instantly and cried hard on our whole 4hr trip home, I don't Know how we made it or even got there, but we did. I carfully checked him for any fowl play and went over his last days over one thousand times, then I cleaned him, held my girl in my arms for awile, and then we went to the yard and started to dig a hole at one of his favorite spots, as we got about 4 feet deep crying the whole time my brother showed up and helped us dig as well crying along with us.

After that I layed his left over 40lbs. dog food evenly in the bottom of his grave, took my 135lbs. buddy over and gently laid him in it. I put in one last bowl of water and food by his side and we cryed for another 15min said a prayer, and then covered his face with the shirt I had been crying all day in. We slowly covered him up making sure no large rocks were in the dirt that we covered him up with, crying the whole time and still haven't stopped crying since, I'm crying and aching right now even as I type on this tear soaked keyboard. If only the hotel didn't make us stay another day, If only this, If only that!

Rocky was the healthiest 8 yr old Rottweiler you would've ever met, we made sure he always ate right and was in good health, I robbed him of at least four years of his life and I cant stop crying about it nor can I ever forgive myself. Rocky was born on 7/1/95 and died on 7/7/03 He will Never Ever Leave My Heart. Another lost family member. Rocky we Love you, and we're so, so sorry. RIP, Can you ever forgive us. As soon as possible I'm going to mark his grave with a head stone, I have his chew cow bone marking it for now.
Forever Heartbroken
Anthony S.
Old 07-08-2003, 10:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Mourning over the loss of a love one, my dog Rocky. (01PYTypeR#1140)

Very sorry to hear about your loss.

-Dave, who has lost a few dogs before.
Old 07-08-2003, 10:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mourning over the loss of a love one, my dog Rocky. (FizzleDaKlown)

Sorry to hear... my condolences. I love my dog so very much also. I don't know how I would react when she passes on.
Old 07-08-2003, 11:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mourning over the loss of a love one, my dog Rocky. ([HrZn]4life)

dude, im so sorry for your loss. Who says pets are just animals. I remember when I lost my 8 yr old golden retriever. He was suffering through stomach cancer. The day we put him to sleep hurt badly. Your a great friend to that dog and im sure Rocky is looking down on your right now thanking you for being a great friend. My condolances
Old 07-08-2003, 11:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mourning over the loss of a love one, my dog Rocky. (01PYTypeR#1140)

So sorry to hear about your friend.

I cried when my gf's dog was put to sleep. It's hard to let go of special friends.
Old 07-08-2003, 11:29 AM
H-T Order of Merit

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Mourning over the loss of a love one, my dog Rocky. (Cosworth)

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your family member.

Those of us who have been through this, know what you're going through, but also know that there are no words that can help ease your pain.

I hope you will see him one day at the Rainbow Bridge.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Old 07-08-2003, 12:34 PM
epy
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mourning over the loss of a love one, my dog Rocky. (nsxtasy)

You treated him like a king while he was alive and that is what is important. Sounds like he was lucky to have such a good owner/friend.

I remember holding my dod in my arms, covered with blood when I saw him get hit by a Dodge Ram. The guy looked at me in the eyes and drove off as fast as he could. I can't tell you how much hate I had at that momment.

All living oganisms die and there is nothing we can do to prevent it. What is important is that they have a good life while they are alive. I can tell Rocky had a great life with you.
Old 07-08-2003, 12:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sorry man
Old 07-08-2003, 12:46 PM
Wai
ProFunction/GT Motoring

Sorry to hear about Rocky. RIP.......
Old 07-08-2003, 01:01 PM
JDMparts4u2

Default Re: (Wai)

very touching, sorry for your loss, sounds like a truely great friend
Old 07-08-2003, 01:14 PM

Default Re: (JDMparts4u2)

met you at expo outside the banquet and we were parked next to each other in the group photo. for your doggy.
Old 07-08-2003, 01:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RealTypeR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RealTypeR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">met you at expo outside the banquet and we were parked next to each other in the group photo. for your doggy.</TD></TR></TABLE>

and makes me feel bad for not meeting EVERYONE at Expo.
Old 07-08-2003, 02:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have a boxer his name is rocky. i love him alot. hes been sick lately . My parents take care of him though.
sorry to hear about your dog..
Old 07-08-2003, 02:15 PM
Oracle of GDD

Default Re: Mourning over the loss of a love one, my dog Rocky. (Jordo)

So horrible...the worst thing I've heard on Honda-Tech in a long time.

Losing a dog to natural causes is one thing, but losing one when it just didn't have to happen is quite another.

So sorry to hear this.
Old 07-08-2003, 02:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mourning over the loss of a love one, my dog Rocky. (Jordo)

oh man i know exactly what your are going through.....my dog named Maui (cocker spaniel) was poisoned and when i saw him i took him to the vet but it was too late, he was in such pain every time he did a sound i cryed even more...i had to ask the vet to end his pain......no other loss was as bad as loosing my dog....i cryed for 3 days and i still do when i see his pictures. (im crying even now of remembering this....)
Sorry for your loss.....
Old 07-08-2003, 02:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Anthony,
Sorry for your lost. I never knew how powerful a friend a dog could be until I had one myself.
Old 07-08-2003, 03:02 PM
Trial User

Default Re: Mourning over the loss of a love one, my dog Rocky. (davidnyc)

I know what you guys are talking about. I just lost a Bo, a Greyhound. We were in Chicago over the 4th of July weekend. Got a call from the Kennel that he had a small 1/4" cut and they were going to take him to the vet. Thinking that maybe the cut was worse than they were telling us we agreed. Through the incompetence of the Vet our dog was dead 12 hours later. We had had him for 6 years he had plenty of life left, now he is gone because of the actions of someone that was supposed to help make dogs better.
Old 07-08-2003, 04:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I've been a long time 'reader' of HT &gt; Integra Type-R but after reading your post had to sign up and reply. My first post.

I'm sorry for your loss. My wife & I lost our long time buddy of over 11 years in April. Manson was an 65lb American Staff. He was part of the family, even he thought he was a person and not a dog. We, like you, had one very bad day - where everything went to ****. We took manson to the vet for a checkup and walked out with him in a bag. I'll never forget the look he gave me just before we had to put him down. He knew... It was a shock for all of us. I'm upset now just writting about it. We had to dig a hole in the cold driving rain, I can remember every last detail. That was the worst day of my life. I won't even wear the cloths I had on that day.

I searched two years for my R and love the car. But, I'd give it away in a heartbeat to have Manson back.

All I can say is, it gets easier as time passes. You don't forget the bad, you just remember more of the good. It sounds like your dog had a great life. Try to focus on that!

Take care...

Old 07-08-2003, 04:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Couple SW99 40 Cal. For Ya, Do Ya Really Want It.., NJ, U.S.A
Default Re: Mourning over the loss of a love one, my dog Rocky. (VTECPWR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by VTECPWR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I know what you guys are talking about. I just lost a Bo, a Greyhound. We were in Chicago over the 4th of July weekend. Got a call from the Kennel that he had a small 1/4" cut and they were going to take him to the vet. Thinking that maybe the cut was worse than they were telling us we agreed. Through the incompetence of the Vet our dog was dead 12 hours later. We had had him for 6 years he had plenty of life left, now he is gone because of the actions of someone that was supposed to help make dogs better.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm sorry to hear that, I know you lost your dog, but I hope you're not going through what I am, because the pain is unbearable. I want to thank everyone for their condolence's. Everywhere I look I see Rocky. I keep checking for him outside, I cant except the fact that he's gone. Why oh why does it have to be this way, and why did it have to happen the way it did? I know I'm asking questions that can't be answered. Ignore them!
Old 07-08-2003, 04:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

So sorry to hear the about your loss. That is a very touching story... I can remember when I was younger I lost my dog of 10 yrs, the dog I grew up with. That kind of pain you dont forget.....it wasnt until fairly recently we got a new dog, and I swear, sometimes I can see/hear just a bit of my childhood friend in our new doggie.

Time will heal, just let it take place...thats all you can do.
Old 07-08-2003, 05:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

jesus man...
This make me remember when my dog died. Still hurts...

Old 07-08-2003, 05:26 PM

sorry to hear that
Old 07-08-2003, 06:14 PM

Default Re: (ek004)

very sorry about your loss.
Old 07-08-2003, 06:25 PM
Oracle of GDD

Default Re: (ithrowpoop)

that RainBow Bridge business made me cry...
Old 07-08-2003, 06:31 PM
H-T Order of Merit

Default Re: (Ross)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ross &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that RainBow Bridge business made me cry...</TD></TR></TABLE>

I first read that about five years ago, have read it dozens of times since... and I still can't read it without a tear in my eye.

Quick Reply: Mourning over the loss of a love one, my dog Rocky.