Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

a little help for AZ Motorsport Park

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2003, 11:45 AM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a little help for AZ Motorsport Park

Here is the email I recieved from ASRA (Arizona Sport Racing Assoc.) earlier today. This is the same track that I believe the next ITR expo is going to use. If you have the time please send an email to the link below. Thanks, Mark.

Hello Mark,

Last year the Arizona Motorsports Park invested over $6 million to develop a safe place to run cars and provide high performance driver education, right next to Luke Air Force Base.

It is a privately owned and financed track that is not open to the general public. Instead, only car clubs, classic car owners, motorcycle clubs, automobile companies and other car enthusiasts - people just like yourself - rent it for private use.

The Arizona Motorsports Park is a world-class facility that's turned into a great addition for the West Valley. No more homes near Luke Air Force Base. And, people are coming from all over the West Valley and Arizona to use the facility, which means more spending at local stores, hotels and restaurants.

But some residents living over one mile from the site are now trying to shut us down because they can hear noise some days of the week. They have hired high-powered lawyers and are even asking for our permit to be revoked. In fact, Maricopa County has scheduled a hearing to consider doing just this on July 31st.

Let us first say this: we can address these issues. But we're going to need your help too. So far, elected officials have only heard from these residents and lawyers.

They need to hear from you too. Soon. The hearing is only days away.

They need to hear that the Arizona Motorsports Park is important to you .. . and that they should support the facility.

Please take just a moment to email Maricopa County Supervisor Max Wilson today. Leave a message that you support the Arizona Motorsports Park. With your email we can make sure that you and our many users have the chance to enjoy this excellent addition to the West Valley for many years to come.

Email Maricopa County Supervisor Max Wilson Today -

mwwilson@mail.maricopa.gov

On behalf of ASRA and Arizona Motorsports Park, we thank you in advance for your support.

Regards,

ASRA

P.S. Email just a quick message to encourage support of the Arizona Motorsports Park! Thank you for help and support!

Old 07-25-2003, 11:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: a little help for AZ Motorsport Park (ITR-01-0977)

Stupid residents. Oh, but of course Luke Air Force Base doesn't make any noise at all.

Old 07-25-2003, 11:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: a little help for AZ Motorsport Park (onyx00)

I already sent my email and mentioned the fact that Luke Airforce Base is on the other side of a fence from AMP, we have a 95dB sound limit (loosely enforced ), and the upcoming ITR Expo that will bring in lots of visitors/revenue to the area.

This is a great track/skidpad and would be a real shame to loose it b/c of some grumpy, old, nothing-better-to-do locals. Help us out here guys, send a quick email in support!

Thanks and thanks for posting, Mark.
Old 07-25-2003, 12:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

email sent.. hope it helps!
Old 07-25-2003, 01:03 PM
New User

Default Re: (mstewar)

... email sent. And I have the 31st off. I wonder if its a public hearing?
Old 07-25-2003, 02:06 PM
CD8
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (syrinx)

i sent an email too, thanks for the support guys.
Old 07-25-2003, 02:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (CD8)

Email sent . . . here it is on behalf of ITRCA and the EXPO

Dear Mr. Wilson,

My name is Trey Commander. I am a car enthusiast and the current director of the Integra Type-R Club of America. It was just brought to my attention that Arizona Motorsports Park has come under fire. I would like to voice some support for the track itself. As an auto enthusiast tracks such as AMP allow us a safe and controlled environment to drive our cars. The facilities allow for driver education events as well as bring in large groups of people which should help with Local economy.

The Integra Type-R Club of America just wrapped up it's 2003 Type-R expo at BeaveRun Motorsports park in Wampum, PA this past April. We have well over 300 people in attendance. This was a strong boost for the local economy while allowing us to visit a new and exciting track. The Integra Type-R Club of America has planned to hold next years Expo at the Arizona Motorsports Park and our banquet will be in your county. We look forward to be visiting Maricopa county in May 2004 and enjoying the track and what your city has to offer.

I am sure there is a myriad of reasons I could give why AMP is an asset to the community as well as why noise complaints are unfounded. I will just say that I hope both sides are heard and that the words of support do not fall on deaf ears.

Best Regards,

Trey Commander
ITRCA Director
Old 07-25-2003, 02:32 PM

Default Re: (Asahi)

Sounds good Trey..
Seems like there will always be people that complain.. Like mentioned, earlier does the air base located nearby emit less noise?
Old 07-25-2003, 02:39 PM
New User

Default Re: (00MRSi)

If you guys have any questions on how loud Luke AFB can be, Luke is the largest fighter training wing in the Air Force and the only active duty F-16 training base in the world. I doubt that the noise from AMP is louder than the AFB.
Old 07-25-2003, 03:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ITR-01-0977)

I have a stupid question to say, if supposely there many car on track which driving all the way to the limit, could it distract the local people hearing various exhaust sound in distance? Downpipe is heard on track too as well normal aftermarket exhaust.
Old 07-25-2003, 03:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

It's sad that these things are happening to tracks. By end of 2004 season, we are loosing our own local track by Denver (20-30 minutes away) which is rented by the local car clubs because development encroachment. Even though the track is nearby Denver International Airport and new housing developments in the vicinity have complained about the airport noise, they still want to buy up the track land and develop it for housing even closer to the airport while the track land is in a flood plain and adjacent to an EPA superfund cleanup site (Rocky Mountain Arsenal)! While this track, Second Creek, is a relatively small track, only 1.7 miles long with 2 straights that allow speeds up to 95 mph, it is within a resonable drive to Denver, and the nearest alternative track is a 1 1/2 to 2+ hour drive. The local car clubs are hoping to develop a new track within an hour drive of Denver.

Does anyone know the elevation of AZMP? I have been looking forward to Expo 4 and the chance to drive at full power at low altitude.
Old 07-25-2003, 04:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: a little help for AZ Motorsport Park (WTypeRogerX)

People who lives in houses suck!
Old 07-25-2003, 04:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Say it ain't so!! I've waited so long for this track and now they wanna take it away!? Hell no! Email sent.
Old 07-25-2003, 04:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: a little help for AZ Motorsport Park (WTypeRogerX)

Great letter Trey.
Old 07-25-2003, 04:38 PM

Sent email, now I just need to go pick up an R.
Old 07-25-2003, 04:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: a little help for AZ Motorsport Park (globlctzn)

I sent an email and I just moved here!!!
Old 07-25-2003, 06:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

apparantly the problem stems from the fact that the owner/operator of AMP mis-represented how often the facility would be used when he applied for his permits. hopefully this will all blow over -- it's a fun track and a really nice facility.
AMP
annoying neighbors

-tony
Old 07-25-2003, 06:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: a little help for AZ Motorsport Park (PSUCRX)

Email sent.

Can you imagine if the residents of Indianapolis made a such stink when Indy opened and caused it to close?
Old 07-26-2003, 04:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: a little help for AZ Motorsport Park (Jetydosa)

I haven't really read everything over yet, but I don't think it's looking good for AMP

http://www.azsolo2.com/forums/...4e903
Old 07-26-2003, 06:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: a little help for AZ Motorsport Park (goern-R)

If their permit or whatever is revoked, how soon could that happen, and would it impact Expo 4?
Old 07-27-2003, 07:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: a little help for AZ Motorsport Park (George Knighton)

Email sent....so when is this expo?
Old 07-28-2003, 05:45 AM
Trial User

Default Re: a little help for AZ Motorsport Park (TheRedSkoolingBus)

TTT- This needs to at the top.

BTW: email sent friday
Old 07-28-2003, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: a little help for AZ Motorsport Park (EVIL CETANE)

This has been a big issue with the local government lately. The local gov. is worried that development around Luke and that increasing complaints from Luke's neighbors will lead to the closing of Luke. Some thing they don't want.
I bring that up because AMP is right next-door and if the local government shuts it down it will send the wrong message to whom ever will make the final decision on Luke. I think if they do any thing it will be in the form of time restrictions.

Lets hope!
Old 08-01-2003, 08:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: a little help for AZ Motorsport Park (rolow)

All you local guys that get the Republic check the local (section B) page 3. There is a right up in there about the track.
Old 08-01-2003, 08:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: a little help for AZ Motorsport Park (rolow)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rolow &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">All you local guys that get the Republic check the local (section B) page 3. There is a right up in there about the track. </TD></TR></TABLE>

What is the position of the article?

Trey

Quick Reply: a little help for AZ Motorsport Park