Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

Jacksonville, FL - a good place to live (for type R's)?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 03:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

try near tampa,st. pete.
spot holds the tampa pro am every year and that is insane
Old 02-27-2005, 03:40 PM

Default Re: Jacksonville, FL - a good place to live (for type R's)? (Black R)

<---lives in Tampa

Old 02-27-2005, 04:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Jacksonville, FL - a good place to live (EGgwhite)

i wanna ride tha ramp. glad to see it's finished!!!
Old 02-28-2005, 12:20 AM

Default Re: Jacksonville, FL - a good place to live (for type R's)? (Black R)

**** tallahassee; enough incest going on up there to start a retard rebellion.
Jacksonville blows. enough said.
Gainsville is rowdy, the skate scene is big...college town, and if you've heard of "gainsville green" its worth it
Orlando is tight but ****** easy to get lost. Police suck dick here.
Tampa /st pete is awesome, went to college there at USF...best time of my life + hot bitches (easy)
Go to miami and park yo car and leave for 5 minutes, it'll be a shell by the time you get back but very very beautiful ladies tho (The police are ********)
The Cocoa Beach area is really nice too...surfin is big; kinda mellowed out.

In case ur wondering. Ive lived at each location; tampa is my favorite.

Old 02-28-2005, 01:55 AM

Default Re: (EVILhatch)

Jacksonville is ok for me... Im a family man, I dont go out too much
Old 02-28-2005, 12:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i saw a type-r yesterday. there doesn't seem to be much theft here as in other cities.
Old 03-01-2005, 04:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (elementary)

the area is definatly getting bigger, i dont go to jax much, but i have a few friends
here with itr's and arent riced out. which is good. kona is definatly cool, since i first went there at the age of 13 it has changed alot. my favourite park in jax beach that shutdown a long time ago was skate asylum great park, got my sponsorship from razors there. thanks to dave kollasch

damn you guys r makin me think about my old skating days!
anyways i havent been to velocity but heard it was cool, ill be looking to go there soon for some dyno runs. atlantic performance was cool, but shut down. but some of the cars i see around the area look like ****, too many ricers.

Old 03-28-2005, 01:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TeamRedlineITR)

I like Jacksonville. Moved to Orlando one year and hated it and moved right back. The crime in Orlando blows. Jacksonville is a lot better and seems more of a mature city. South Florida will only get you in trouble. Your **** will be gone.
Old 03-28-2005, 03:18 PM

Default Re: (GRIP KING)

I lived in Ft. Lauderdale for about a year right across the street from the ocean

There are too many **** there (way too many), or it would have been a very OK place.

I lived in Delray Beach (right by Boynton Beach, and Boca Raton) for about a year, and it was a very nice place to live. The cops suck there though.

I will definetly be visiting South Florida again soon. I never saw an R anywhere in FL.

I've never been to Jax, but I bet it is much better than living there than in NEW JERSEY!!
Old 03-28-2005, 03:32 PM

Default Re: (ralpheyizzle)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ralpheyizzle &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i saw a type-r yesterday. there doesn't seem to be much theft here as in other cities.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Shhhh, don't say it so loud.
Old 03-28-2005, 04:03 PM

Default Re: (TypeRlove)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TypeRlove &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">There are too many **** there (way too many), or it would have been a very OK place.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats a pretty messed up thing to say.
Old 03-28-2005, 05:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i know of one R that was stolen, it was in my neighborhood on halloween, but i also know of a few other including someone that owns 2 PY R's, so i think J-ville is a good place for a R
Old 03-28-2005, 06:22 PM

Default Re: (projectTeG)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by projectTeG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i know of one R that was stolen, it was in my neighborhood on halloween, but i also know of a few other including someone that owns 2 PY R's, so i think J-ville is a good place for a R</TD></TR></TABLE>

Does anyone else see something wrong with this statement?
Old 03-28-2005, 06:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (projectTeG)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by projectTeG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i know of one R that was stolen, it was in my neighborhood on halloween, but i also know of a few other including someone that owns 2 PY R's, so i think J-ville is a good place for a R</TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree. Jacksonville is one of the better places in Florida no doubt. Also, it being the largest city in the nation and not up there on crime is very good. I really don't see how anyone can dislike this city. Unless you're a college kid looking for a college town. We have UNF and JU and the clubs here are actually good.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I dont know much about Jacksonville but going north on 95 through downtown and just a little north of there smelled bad, seemed kind of ran down from my view of driving through there. North of Miami(Lauderdale and up) is a good place, but God there are so many old people. Orlando is horrible, damn near every highway is a toll and traffic is garbage. Havent been to Clearwater in a few years, but everyone I know in Orlando always talks about wanting to move there so it must be nice.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (steves98itr247)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by steves98itr247 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I dont know much about Jacksonville but going north on 95 through downtown and just a little north of there smelled bad, seemed kind of ran down from my view of driving through there. North of Miami(Lauderdale and up) is a good place, but God there are so many old people. Orlando is horrible, damn near every highway is a toll and traffic is garbage. Havent been to Clearwater in a few years, but everyone I know in Orlando always talks about wanting to move there so it must be nice.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yea around that area it smell because of the water treatment places, the ports, and the slummy areas.....i dont go there much
Old 03-28-2005, 09:42 PM

my brother just moved down there and he likes it so far, he drives a maxima so he doesnt reallly care about the car life. says it cost's about as much as it does to live here in kentucky...

i have another friend that is in the navy that lives there... he loves it but he is a party/club nut
Old 03-29-2005, 06:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (steves98itr247)

Haha I love how people talk about hte place yet have never lived here or literally just drove through. I'm sure that gives them a GREAT understanding of what kind of city Jacksonville is.
Old 03-29-2005, 06:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GRIP KING &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Haha I love how people talk about hte place yet have never lived here or literally just drove through. I'm sure that gives them a GREAT understanding of what kind of city Jacksonville is. </TD></TR></TABLE>

did you drive around alot when the super bowl was here,,i couldn't believe the traffic even a 2 in the morning there was traffice , i passed one gas station and i swear there was about 40 cars there trying to get gas,.