Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

ITR seat rail question/problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2014, 10:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ITR seat rail question/problems

I recently bought a set of JDM recaro which came JDM OEM seat rails, for which I was told came out of a JDM DC2. I have been modifying cars for many years, and installed a few seats. However, I cannot get these to fit into the R no matter what I do. I am not sure if I am just stupid, or I am doing something completely wrong. Please look at the 4 pictures I posted, where I lined up the front holes for both inner and outer rail, the back does not match up at all. The driver side back hole is completely off, by literally an inch. These pictures are taken with the metal wire that attaches to the slider disconnected.

I have read somewhere that EK9 rails will fit into a DC2 only at 3 spots (with one spots needing to be modified). Is that what I have?

Thanks!!
Attached Images     
Old 06-11-2014, 11:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ITR seat rail question/problems

I had this problem installing SRD's in my brothers integra, his problem was that the rails had to be loosened slightly from the seat but it appears you have the rails separated. Maybe they are the EK9 rails which we all know are different.
Old 06-11-2014, 11:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^ Like he said, EK9 rails. I had the same problem with ITR seats I bought off someone that said they're from an Integra, but they weren't. Looks like you can take your original seat inner rail and swap it with those inner rails and you'll be good.

As for the passenger outer rear hole that is just a bit misaligned that's no biggie. Just bend out the front tab a bit so you can move the rail back far enough for the bolt to fit.
Old 06-11-2014, 12:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Picture #2 looks like an ek rai
Old 06-11-2014, 01:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I ran into the same problem when I purchased a set of JDM Integra Type R front seats that were USDM style seats.

Drive side seat mounted up fine but the passenger side inner rail was off like yours. I did some picture comparisons and determined my passenger inner rail was off on a EK seat. Your passenger inner rail looks exactly like the EK rail I got on my passenger seat when purchased.

I had to swap the inner rail with one from an 94-01 Integra and everything worked then. Though an inner rail for the JDM Recaro seat won't be as easy to locate. Best bet would be to throw the entire rails up for trade for DC2 rails.
Old 06-11-2014, 05:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for everyone's input. These pictures were taken without the seat attached, and I flexed the rails as much as my skinny arms would allow for. I haven't tried in the driver side and I just threw my hand up after the passenger side didn't fit. The seller insisted that they were fitting into his R. I will try out the driver side and see how it goes.

Regardless I just bought a set of Bride RO rails. I am just figuring out which car these rails are for, so I can sell them.
Old 02-11-2019, 06:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I know this is a 5 year old thread, but were you able to by any chance figure out what rails they were for?