Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

ITR #98-0106 was stolen last night..

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 12:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ITR #98-0106 was stolen last night.. (EM1b18cR)

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Mark
Old 08-08-2003, 01:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ITR #98-0106 was stolen last night.. (markleavey)

Heh.. sorry about the Autotrader thing. I'm working on getting my ad removed.
Old 08-08-2003, 05:34 PM

Default Re: (mstewar)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mstewar &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well, quick update for those that are interested.. My local police department is apparently the modern day equivalent of the keystone cops.. Here's why.. My insurance claims rep calls me this afternoon to inform me that the car, 36 hours after being stolen, had yet to make it into the national database and they want me to call the police and get it straightened out.. So no biggie, i call.. they send me to some B.S. voicemailbox all 4 times I call in regards to my complaint.. So I get off work and go to the police station.. After the on duty officer does some checking, low and behold, they had listed the PLATES as stolen but NOT the friggin car.. Some snafu in their dispatch office..

So my headaches continue..

Not to mention that the claims rep breaks it on me that they're going to offer me NADA fair market value in a month if the car hasn't shown up(which, on a good note, they thought it would).. Now, NADA's website lists retail on the R in the 13k - 14k range and I had a deposit already on the car at a sale price of 16,800.. Thank god people on Autotrader have them listed between 16k and 22k so I can at least protest with research..

And, the headaches continue..

The only other good news is that state farm said they'd pay 100% of what I paid for my MB Quart speakers, Alpine headunit, and small sub/amp/capacitor.. Yay..</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hey, don;t let what the insurance company sais to you get you down.. Do not settle until you are happy. Especially with a car such as the "R".... Trust me, hold you ground, and you will get the $17k originally offered to you by that potentiak buyer.....
Old 08-10-2003, 02:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Trendy26)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Trendy26 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Hey, don;t let what the insurance company sais to you get you down.. Do not settle until you are happy. Especially with a car such as the "R".... Trust me, hold you ground, and you will get the $17k originally offered to you by that potentiak buyer.....</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks Trendy for the vote of confidence..

Well, I went to the beach for the weekend with some friends to try to take the edge off this crappy week.. I had my phone with me though, and still no word on the car..
Old 08-10-2003, 03:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

it won't show up until you can forget about it.

try to move on.
Old 08-10-2003, 03:09 PM

Sorry for your loss.
Old 08-11-2003, 09:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Still no word? Bump.. sigh.. thieves suck to hell!
Old 08-13-2003, 06:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (CrazyHondaBoy)

Welp, the claims rep called an hour or so ago.. The car was found in NYC on Saturday and is apparently at some yard up there. Their computer (the yards) is temporarily down, so I have to wait a bit to confirm it's there and find out its condition.. Surprised it took til today to work its way through the system to me.. owell, at least they found it..

I may need reccomendations on places to move it to temporarily, in New York, til I can get there to bring it back.. Any suggestions?
Old 08-13-2003, 06:47 AM
New User

Wow, the NY ring is back down in the DC area. Great, can't wait to be back in NOVA. BTW, sorry about the car, I know how you are feeling.
Old 08-13-2003, 07:48 AM
Trial User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mstewar &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Welp, the claims rep called an hour or so ago.. The car was found in NYC on Saturday and is apparently at some yard up there.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wow. That was unexpected. Hopefully there will be something left worth retrieving.
Old 08-13-2003, 07:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

NYC? DAYM.
That is it... I will drive the Volvo up there over the Labor day weekend to NYC.

DIE Thievz!
Old 08-13-2003, 10:05 AM
Collector-o-Guns and Drinker

Default Re: (Willard)

Hopefully it's still in one piece
Old 08-13-2003, 11:17 AM
New User

Default Re: (Splat)

Sorry about you're car.
******* thieves.
Old 08-13-2003, 12:00 PM

Default Re: (Type-R Yo!)

Another one bites the dust, sorry for the loss!
Old 08-13-2003, 12:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Floyd)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Floyd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Wow. That was unexpected. Hopefully there will be something left worth retrieving. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah, seriouslly. In a way i'm glad your car (or shell) was found. Even though it may be stripped/destroyed, at least it was found. I could only wish mine was found. It's been 6 months, my car has not turned up. I can't tell you how frustrating this is, thinking someone may be enjoying my virgin R out on a track somewhere.....

Hang in there mark!
Old 08-13-2003, 01:23 PM

Default Re: (apexii)

every time i visit the ITR area, **** this sucks
Old 08-13-2003, 02:58 PM

damn theives!!!! my 2 type R's i never had them stolen but had the "H" badges stolen twice and a hit and run in a mail parking lot. good luck with everything and let us know what you find out in NY.
Old 08-13-2003, 04:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (03 civic si hb)

wow, suprised they found it.

that's quite a trip too, makes you wonder how they got it up there (trucked obviously...but the gas isn't cheap still).

there has to be a way to make cars not easily towed.
Old 08-13-2003, 05:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Tweakmeister)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tweakmeister &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wow, suprised they found it.

that's quite a trip too, makes you wonder how they got it up there (trucked obviously...but the gas isn't cheap still).

there has to be a way to make cars not easily towed.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah, unfortunately i will probably have to have it towed back as well, unless it's got wheels on it(which I doubt)..
Old 08-13-2003, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: (Tweakmeister)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tweakmeister &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

there has to be a way to make cars not easily towed.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Unfortunately, you can flatbed just about anything. If the thief wants the car bad enough, the only way to stop him is to sleep in your car with a gun
Old 08-13-2003, 09:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You may have an option:

I have a trailer with winch (winch to be welded on this weekend). I make no promises, but I may be able to tow the car down to you for much less than a towing company (pay for gas/tolls/food/ maybe lodging for one night).

I will be using the trailer for my race car the weekend of August 30 and then Mid September. So, if your insurance settles after August 30, I may be able to tow it down, the weekend of Sept. 6th or afterwards. I would need for you to drive up here or whatever and then I can follow you down south.

I had my ITR stolen also (but recovered) so I feel your pain and trying to give back to a member of HT.
Old 08-13-2003, 10:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (davidnyc)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by davidnyc &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You may have an option:

I have a trailer with winch (winch to be welded on this weekend). I make no promises, but I may be able to tow the car down to you for much less than a towing company (pay for gas/tolls/food/ maybe lodging for one night).

I will be using the trailer for my race car the weekend of August 30 and then Mid September. So, if your insurance settles after August 30, I may be able to tow it down, the weekend of Sept. 6th or afterwards. I would need for you to drive up here or whatever and then I can follow you down south.

I had my ITR stolen also (but recovered) so I feel your pain and trying to give back to a member of HT.</TD></TR></TABLE>

WOW.. that would be awesome.. check your PMs.. thanks!!!!!!
Old 08-14-2003, 06:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mstewar &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

WOW.. that would be awesome.. check your PMs.. thanks!!!!!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Nevermind that last thought..

I just spoke with the people who picked up my car in NYC (Department of Sanitation, apparently) and they said they crushed the car. As in, it's gone - forever, and without anyone(me, insurance company, bank)'s permission.. As you can guess, both the insurance company and I are quite pissed at the moment..

Old 08-14-2003, 06:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mstewar &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">they said they crushed the car.</TD></TR></TABLE>sounds like it is time to raise hell....

Evidence from crime was destroyed?
Old 08-14-2003, 06:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mstewar &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Nevermind that last thought..

I just spoke with the people who picked up my car in NYC (Department of Sanitation, apparently) and they said they crushed the car. As in, it's gone - forever, and without anyone(me, insurance company, bank)'s permission.. As you can guess, both the insurance company and I are quite pissed at the moment..

</TD></TR></TABLE>

WTF?!?!? what kind of idiot crushes a car that they found stripped somewhere? I mean, didn't they think "hey this might be stolen, maybe we should let the cops come by and let the owner's insurance come check it out to appraise it".

wtf kind of idiots work for the sanitation dept. up there?

Quick Reply: ITR #98-0106 was stolen last night..