Notices
Acura Integra Type-R All Integra Type R Discussions

how many turbo itr's are running the JG Edelbrock intake manifold? what throttle bracket?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 05:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default how many turbo itr's are running the JG Edelbrock intake manifold? what throttle bracket?

Like the topic says:

What throttle bracket are you using with the JG Edelbrock intake manifold?

itr?

b16a2?

gsr?

LS?

etc???

I'm trying to help out a friend.
Old 07-14-2005, 06:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: how many turbo itr's are running the JG Edelbrock intake manifold? what throttle bracket? (Blac

Not a turbo ITR, but I am running it. I'm using the stock bracket with a few "bends" in it . Works perfect now. I can take pics if you would like when I get home tonight.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: how many turbo itr's are running the JG Edelbrock intake manifold? what throttle bracket? (Blac

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bradstard &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Not a turbo ITR, but I am running it. I'm using the stock bracket with a few "bends" in it . Works perfect now. I can take pics if you would like when I get home tonight. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Please do.

I'm surprised they don't include a correctly made bracket with the IM's.....
Old 07-14-2005, 07:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

They did include a bracket but it did not line up at all.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bradstard &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">They did include a bracket but it did not line up at all.</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Black R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm surprised they don't include a correctly made bracket with the IM's..... </TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 07-14-2005, 09:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The bracket they gave me didnt line up for **** either.
I put my stock ITR one on and it worked, but it was pretty close to the 4th runner and rubbed a tid bit
I actually turned it around because I dont think it worked in the stock position. You can see in the 2nd pic when it was in the car

I dont think this helps much . ill see if I have any better pics

Old 07-14-2005, 09:13 AM

stock intake manifold here. i hear it flows good up to like 500 hp /
Old 07-14-2005, 09:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (OUTKAST_R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by OUTKAST_R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">stock intake manifold here. i hear it flows good up to like 500 hp /</TD></TR></TABLE>

It will flow up to there sure. But not as good as a JG will. There have been proof of like 35+whp and tq gains with the JG over stock
Old 07-14-2005, 09:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (itr206)

Once again, Pete = t3h m4n!
Old 07-14-2005, 11:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Black R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Black R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Once again, Pete = t3h m4n! </TD></TR></TABLE>

All them lonely nights sleeping in the garage better have something to show for it . lol.
Old 07-14-2005, 11:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by itr206 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"></TD></TR></TABLE>

Looks like someone barfed red licorice all over your motor.

That tubular turbo manifold is niiiiiice
Old 07-14-2005, 11:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I only had 2000 ft of Red vac lines laying around and no black. So thats what went in it. That was before I cleaned it up a little. That pic was kinda rediculous.
But hey, it wasnt a show car. It was meant for one thing. TO go FASSSSSSST
Old 07-14-2005, 12:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

11.2 is very fast

Old 07-14-2005, 12:35 PM
Former Vendor

Ken you bastard, you putting the mani on already? I have mine at home. I'm waiting for a few more parts and then going to retune with manifold and 10psi.. should be over 320

But anyway, I heard using the stock bracket is coo, 2nd picture that was posted is stock right? Just need to flip it I guess?

Ed

edit: damnit, I forgot I'm on the work account, this is yellow blur btw.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

none turbo but all 3 of these swaps have JG intake manifolds and they all use the stock bracket ant with alittle bending it all worked out the trick for me was to turn the bracket around

Old 07-14-2005, 01:18 PM

kinda out there but... how does the str sheetmetal intake mani compare to the jg?
Old 07-14-2005, 01:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by imola-red dc2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">kinda out there but... how does the str sheetmetal intake mani compare to the jg?</TD></TR></TABLE>

.....supposed to be better - but of cours they're much more $$$.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Here is my modified bracket:

Old 07-14-2005, 02:27 PM

show off
Old 07-14-2005, 02:32 PM

nice
Old 07-15-2005, 05:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

[QUOTE=EvasiveMotorsports.com]Just need to flip it I guess?
[QUOTE]

If you flip the bracket around the cable will rub against the manifold.
Old 07-15-2005, 05:41 AM
New User

It look all **** up. Fix that damn thing. j/k
Old 07-15-2005, 12:14 PM
Former Vendor

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Bradstard &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
If you flip the bracket around the cable will rub against the manifold.</TD></TR></TABLE>

So I need to flip it AND bend it?
Old 07-15-2005, 12:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EvasiveMotorsports.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

So I need to flip it AND bend it?</TD></TR></TABLE>

No flip, just bend. Look at the pics I posted and bend like it is on mine and it will not rub against the manifold. At first we just flipped my bracket but I didn't like it rubbing....
Old 07-15-2005, 12:21 PM
Former Vendor

Gotcha, I'll probably be installing mine in a month or so. Got a few more goodies coming.

Quick Reply: how many turbo itr's are running the JG Edelbrock intake manifold? what throttle bracket?